Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Stig Mic'd up....very enjoyable. The best part is the distrust of the French....

http://www.gojacks.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=791917&db_oem_id=15000

This is pretty funny if you have 10 minutes to spare. I like this real time, real world video. Thanks to the SID and staff for putting this stuff up.

Comment

Anybody heard how Dale Moss is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
        Anybody heard how Dale Moss is doing?
        Stig, in his interview by TV/MZ reported how impressed he is with Dale's leadership, and how, for not playing football for 4 years, has really come in and showed things that Stig was impressed with. Dale is one of 9 WR, and, therefore, may not be a superstar, but is anticipated to be a solid player at the position.

Comment

Makes you wonder if Dale had focused on football for 5 years in college what he might have been able to accomplish. Does he have the speed for the NFL?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Makes you wonder if Dale had focused on football for 5 years in college what he might have been able to accomplish. Does he have the speed for the NFL?
            Lets not get carried away. I hope he helps us but the guy hasn't caught one ball as a FCS player and to be thinking of him as an NFL prospect is a little too much in my opinion.

Comment

I agree with u speedrabbit. Dale was an avg college basketball player with incredible athletic ability. Maybe he can help us, that would be great but he is only here for one year. I wonder what his 40 time is.....

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                Lets not get carried away. I hope he helps us but the guy hasn't caught one ball as a FCS player and to be thinking of him as an NFL prospect is a little too much in my opinion.
                I think what JackguyII was saying is if Dale would have played football instead of basketball during his time here, he may have had a shot at the NFL.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                  Go back and read what I said again. Dale is a phenominal athlete and is showing a lot of promise after a few practices. My point is if he had dedicated himself to football he may have been able to position himself as a candidate for the next level and still might. The football team has rarely had an athlete of Dale's ability as they usually end up at a FBS school which I think Dale would have done if he didn't want to play basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    I think what JackguyII was saying is if Dale would have played football instead of basketball during his time here, he may have had a shot at the NFL.
                    Exactly. As you may recall, SpeedRabbit was super-skeptical of even allowing Dale on the team this past spring.

I have a feeling you will see Dale in the red zone running fade routes. The dude is 6'4" and has an incredible vertical. Hard to not utilize talents like that when the situations require them.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      Exactly. As you may recall, SpeedRabbit was super-skeptical of even allowing Dale on the team this past spring.

I have a feeling you will see Dale in the red zone running fade routes. The dude is 6'4" and has an incredible vertical. Hard to not utilize talents like that when the situations require them.
                      They also had an NFL caliber tight end last year and didn't really use him much. I wouldn't hold my breathe on utilizing Dale to his full potential.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        They also had an NFL caliber tight end last year and didn't really use him much. I wouldn't hold my breathe on utilizing Dale to his full potential.
                        Very good point.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Super skeptical- not true Not going to rehash it all- bottom line I hope he can help us. He does have great jumping ability. Unfortunately there is more to it than that. The ability to learn the offense quickly and to be able to make adjustments, to be on the same page as the QB, the ability to run a route and get open, to catch the ball in traffic and be able to take the hit and hang onto the ball to name a few things a WR needs to be able to do.

Comment

Bottom line--with Moss, the most we can hope for with him this year is to out-jump the db on a fade route in the end-zone. If it wins us a game, great!! Love it!

Comment

I have no doubt Dale and Austin will be on the same page. Whatever else Dale lacks to start the season he will be more than able to make up with athleticism. I can't wait to watch it all unfold!
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
                                Bottom line--with Moss, the most we can hope for with him this year is to out-jump the db on a fade route in the end-zone. If it wins us a game, great!! Love it!
                                In the media guide he's listed #1 on the depth chart as the 'X' receiver. Something tells me he'll be more involved than just for end-zone fade routes.
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X