Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Camp

Practice started yesterday.

Dom Clare tweeted the offensive depth chart to begin fall camp.
    twitter.com/DomClare

QB - JR Thomas O'Brien
    - SR Jordan Thomas / RFR Austin Sumner
    - FR Eric Kline

RB - JR Tyrel Kool
    - SR Dom Clare
    - SO Mason Winterboer / RFR Zach Zenner
    - FR Reggie Gandy

WR W - SO Brandon Hubert / RFR Jason Schnieder
    - SR Brandon Gant
    - FR Trevor Wesley

WR Z - JR Aaron Rollin
    - JR Jeff Fish / JR Dan Schmidt
    - FR Brandon Andrews

WR X - SO Trevor Tiefenthaler
    - SR Dale Moss
    - RFR Dominique Wright
    - FR Trevor Sikkink

TE Y (pass catching) - JR Seth Daughters
    - SR Brad Iverson
    - FR Cam Jones

TE W (blocking) - SR Kyle Sheehan / SO Vince Benedetto
    - SO Taylor Gibson
    - ? Hettiger (UNO Transfer)
    - FR Chad Strehlow

RT - SO Bryan Witzmann
    - SO Taylor Suess
    - RFR Erik Dahl

RG - SO Alex Parker
    - JR Alex Olinger
    - RFR Andrew Mueller
    - FR Bryce Silverling

C - JR Will Castle
    - RFR Nick Purcell
    - JR Alex Olinger / SO Taylor Suess
    - FR Taylor Bloom

LG - SR Zach Buchner
    - SO Josh Kage
    - FR Dylan Seiter

LT - JR Jon Fick
    - RFR Trevor Gregor
    - RFR Ryan Ode
    - FR Luke Marks

(Seems like the LG, LT & the RG, RT are switched around from last year, might be a typo)

Re: Fall Camp

My initial thoughts are that we have a lot of good talent in the Junior & Sophomore classes and while we don't necessary bring back the "All-Conference" type players there is some good depth at each position.

Comment

My initial thought is that we don't have much at WR. Some people are going to have to step up big time, as well as TOB if there is going to be any passing game this year.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        My initial thought is that we don't have much at WR. Some people are going to have to step up big time, as well as TOB if there is going to be any passing game this year.
        I actually think this may be as deep as we've ever been at the WR position. The years with Fox, Steffen & Harris maybe had more talent on the top end, but I like the potential of this group.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          I actually think this may be as deep as we've ever been at the WR position. The years with Fox, Steffen & Harris maybe had more talent on the top end, but I like the potential of this group.
          I consider having 'talent' at the starting position to be considered deep. I'm probably underestimating their abilities, but either way I think it will be a struggle this year. Also, having a QB that struggled last year doesn't help my confidence and doesn't make a WR corps look good either.

But it's a new season so GO JACKS!
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I agree that there are more than usual talented WRs on the depth chart. Rollin, Hubert, Schneider, Tiefenthaler, Moss, Fish, Gant & Schmidt all have the ability to be a starting WR.

The issue is that none of them have proven that they are #1 stud material, but that's what this coming season is for. We'll need a couple to step up and elevate their game.

At least this year we're bringing back some experience compared to last season when we didn't have any WR's with more than 10 career catches.

As an example, the year that Ryan Berry broke all the passing records, WR Brandon Gant was his 4th WR. Now, 3 years later, Gant is probably 7th or 8th on the overall depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              I agree that there are more than usual talented WRs on the depth chart. Rollin, Hubert, Schneider, Tiefenthaler, Moss, Fish, & Schmidt all have the ability to be a starting WR.

The issue is that none of them have proven that they are #1 stud material, but that's what this coming season is for. We'll need a couple to step up and elevate their game.

At least this year we're bringing back some experience compared to last season when we didn't have any WR's with more than 10 career catches.
              I think you make a very good point. We had no proven commodity last year, making it difficult for our QB to know exactly what he might have in a game time situation.*

*This statement in no way vindicates our quarterback play of last year.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Is anyone else wondering why Dom Clare is tweeting the Depth Chart?! I realize its nice that we have something to talk about, and that it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone where people are playing, but still... Keep that stuff in house, Dom. If you are tweeting that, I'm sure you are reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                  Is anyone else wondering why Dom Clare is tweeting the Depth Chart?! I realize its nice that we have something to talk about, and that it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone where people are playing, but still... Keep that stuff in house, Dom. If you are tweeting that, I'm sure you are reading this.
                  No, I had not thought about it. He can pretty much do what he wants to. Mitchell was the one who posted it here, and Mitchell is pretty much spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                    Maybe he had to go-ahead to do so. You never know.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      Maybe he had to go-ahead to do so. You never know.
                      hahaha I guess we'll find out... If he is running 110 after practice tomorrow, we'll know that Stig probably didn't give his blessing! And, again, it doesn't really matter one way or another if the public has our Depth Chart. It'll be public knowledge Week 1 and from there on out anyway, so whatever... I just hope we get some Twit Pics from Stig Pop and the meeting rooms, while he's at it.

Comment

Oh, the joys ofTwitter.

It wasn't too long ago when a smaller school like SDSU would go a whole camp without too much information being brought to the public besides the traditional preseason write-ups. (Which usually don't include anything people don't already know).

Now the players themselves are able to share with the public what is going on in fall camp. A good thing IMO as it's easier access for fans to get more involved in their favorite programs.

Not sure if Dom had the go ahead to post that depth chart but I don't imagine there's any secrets on it that would help opposing teams. Especially since it could change completely in the next month based on how players perform in camp.

Also, former SDSU WR Teddy Shonka has been tweeting his observations from camp at twitter.com/teddyshonka

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                          Oh, the joys ofTwitter.

It wasn't too long ago when a smaller school like SDSU would go a whole camp without too much information being brought to the public besides the traditional preseason write-ups. (Which usually don't include anything people don't already know).

Now the players themselves are able to share with the public what is going on in fall camp. A good thing IMO as it's easier access for fans to get more involved in their favorite programs.

Not sure if Dom had the go ahead to post that depth chart but I don't imagine there's any secrets on it that would help opposing teams. Especially since it could change completely in the next month based on how players perform in camp.

Also, former SDSU WR Teddy Shonka has been tweeting his observations from camp at twitter.com/teddyshonka
                          I agree. And I'm not complaining about the added information we now receive, that's for sure! They should keep the tweets coming, as far as I'm concerned!

Comment

TV just posted this interview from Stig on his Argus blog:

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

Comment

Frankly I want to see some good running packages this year. No more shift tight ends and run strong side. I want to see the I, and split backs, or others. Our strength will be the offense line, and if we let them carry us with the Kools speed and Doms talent he has but havent seen much of yet. If we get to pass happy to start we are screwed unless TOB figured out how to connect on a ten yard out. If the run game goes strong that opens up for his arm so he should get enough protection to hit down field if he doesnt dance to much and get scared. If we play smart on offense and dont keep the D out there to long we will have a much improved year. If TOB struggles again this year Sumner gets the start next year for sure IMO.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X