Fall camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall camp

I see no need to pick on TV for anything. He is the best the Argus has to offer. He does give his objective point of view in reporting. His reporting is complete and he is as knowledgeable as anyone. Let's be honest, we lost some great players and we dont seem to have any proven players to take their place. Sixth place is realistic to me. There is nothing more enjoyable then positive surprises and those could happen this year.

I got my Difference Maker letter from Coach Stig in the mail today and he made a concluding statement that the team this year has adopted the statement: "Don't tell me, show me!". I am willing to bet that Coach Stig is not upset about TV analysis, he knows he has his work cut out for him in the motivation department. With younger players filling this role they need to take this motto to heart and put in practice on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Your implying he can't do both? You would have a hard time in a larger media market where players and coaches are called out constantly. It's a frocking media poll and he gave reasons for his blog.
      Well said. With any media coverage, you have to learn to take the bad with the good and just be happy that somebody is paying attention. And you also need to understand that this forum is an exception. Most people aren't thinking about football season at all right now. Not a bit. When camp starts, coverage starts. Our Jackrabbits will get at least their share of coverage in the Argus.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I would tend to disagree with the assessment that SDSU will finish 6th this year. But I am a fan and so believe they have a shot at winning the conference. That said the MVFC is a tough conference with a high level of parity. As was noted below there were 6 teams with 4-4 records last year. In that environment he difference between success and failure is small and may depend on a break here and there. And good teams make their breaks.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Nothing he said was inaccurate and it wasn't written like a hatchet job or something. He explained why he picked us where he did and used some analysis to back it up.

And in case some didn't notice, we weren't very good last year. Until SDSU proves that they are better than last year by playing better, he doesn't owe the fans some glowing piece of analysis if the facts don't show such a conclusion.
          Spot on KU. The Jacks were a middle of the conference team last year with the studs we had on both sides of the ball. I don't think that anyone can honestly look to this year without expecting some growing pains.

This team could take a couple lumps this year, and if they do I am okay with them learning that way. TOB has to step up, otherwise we will be counting on a RFr to lead the team and that is a situation that doesn't bode well for our success..

I will be at every home game if the team is winning the conference or holding down the cellar. I just fear that many of the Jacks fans only support this team when it is winning.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

A preseason pick is a preseason pick...who cares. Has nothing to do with what happens on the field. I pick SDSU to win the conference. There. Now all of you will pile on and say I'm looking through Blue and Yellow colored glasses. There's no winning no matter what TV picked. I think 6th place is kind of harsh, but the man studies this crap, so he has the right to his opinion. Go on his blog and state your opinion.
            So I will start a new thread where we can all spew our thoughts on the conference.......
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              TV is not employed by SDSU and he has a level of journalistic integrity that must be upheld. His superiors expect him to write objectively and use facts to justify any conclusions he makes when proposing an idea or making a prediction. The day TV feels he can't be objective and must write only positive articles, blog entries or twitter posts, the less effective he becomes and the more his role with the Argus is compromised.

So, take it for exactly what it is worth and continue to be a fan of both the Jackrabbits and TV or just be a fan of the Jackrabbits. TV will be okay with that.
              Was going to write a reply that said essentially this. Agreed.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Enough thread drift. Predictions are being made in another thread on the Forum. Fall Camp Countdown is now 10 days. First game is Labor Day!!!

I heard rumours the new poster is out for the season. Has anyone seen it?

Comment

Yes, I saw the poster last night in Cubbys. AWESOME ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.... they feature the words "Ring the Bells" I know this is part of our school song, but I would like to think that this is the athletic department encouraging us to bring back our cowbells! Maybe just my hopeful dream, but I can dream darn it!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Hope Camp goes well, and we can come out of it with some questions answered, and some new players ready to fill some roles. And no major injuries.

There is no way Terry should be criticized for giving his opinion, and supporting it. It is his job.

Gettin a little excited for some jackrabbit football, myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X