Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall camp

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    Didn't say that- nothing more demoralizing to a team than when the other team shoves the ball down your throat. We are all concerned about the QB play- we did lose D. Starr and I don't know our depth chart at D-Line!
    I absolutely agree with you. We have good, talented D tackles for pass rushing - I think Josiah will really come on. We are missing the big beef run stopper at D tackle. It seems that the Jacks like the quickness over the size at this position. We have to replace Fischer who was very tough last year, but still needed more weight. It seems it has been a while since we've had the big beef in the middle.

Maybe someone has put on good weight this summer at that position. This is the lack of coverage that I was bemoaning at the start of the thread. We won't know until camp starts. I don't expect Big Ten coverage, but I still want more. I thought we had more last summer. It also hurts that TV had to put aside his chats for awhile. I do give TV great credit for his chats. He does not shy away from any question and I respect him for that.

DiJonn was more of a pass rusher than run stopper. He is a very talanted pass rusher and was learning more moves. He is a huge loss, don't get me wrong, but he wouldn't have had as much an impact on the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
      I absolutely agree with you. We have good, talented D tackles for pass rushing - I think Josiah will really come on. We are missing the big beef run stopper at D tackle. It seems that the Jacks like the quickness over the size at this position. We have to replace Fischer who was very tough last year, but still needed more weight. It seems it has been a while since we've had the big beef in the middle.

Maybe someone has put on good weight this summer at that position. This is the lack of coverage that I was bemoaning at the start of the thread. We won't know until camp starts. I don't expect Big Ten coverage, but I still want more. I thought we had more last summer. It also hurts that TV had to put aside his chats for awhile. I do give TV great credit for his chats. He does not shy away from any question and I respect him for that.

DiJonn was more of a pass rusher than run stopper. He is a very talanted pass rusher and was learning more moves. He is a huge loss, don't get me wrong, but he wouldn't have had as much an impact on the run game.
      Terry V says a lot today in the Argus Leader. By reading about all the people coming back for other teams and what we lost it could be a rocky fall. Hope the Jacks can put it together and finish in the top 3.

Comment

Terry V says a lot today in the Argus Leader. By reading about all the people coming back for other teams and what we lost it could be a rocky fall. Hope the Jacks can put it together and finish in the top 3.
        All of our All Conferance players didn't help us do much last year did they? Do the coaches or sportswriters pick All Conferance?

I kinda like our underdog role.

As an aside, I don't understand why it is hard for TV to get back into football mode. It is my favorite sport and I am never out of football mode. Explains somewhat the lack of coverage. It was silly for him to put that in writing.

Comment

All of our All Conferance players didn't help us do much last year did they? Do the coaches or sportswriters pick All Conferance?

I kinda like our underdog role.

As an aside, I don't understand why it is hard for TV to get back into football mode. It is my favorite sport and I am never out of football mode. Explains somewhat the lack of coverage. It was silly for him to put that in writing.
          I like the underdog role as well. If TV honestly believes that we are going to finish 6th in the Valley thats fine but to put it in the paper for all of us to see puts a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe it doesn't for others that follow this forum but C'mon TV- rather than talking about who we lost how bout talking about some of the up and coming guys who should make an impact for the Rabbits this year and all the work they have done in the off season to prepare themselves. We don't need negative articles at the BEGINNING of a NEW season.

Comment

I like the underdog role as well. If TV honestly believes that we are going to finish 6th in the Valley thats fine but to put it in the paper for all of us to see puts a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe it doesn't for others that follow this forum but C'mon TV- rather than talking about who we lost how bout talking about some of the up and coming guys who should make an impact for the Rabbits this year and all the work they have done in the off season to prepare themselves. We don't need negative articles at the BEGINNING of a NEW season.
            Outstanding post. 100% on the money. Rep points.

Comment

TV is not employed by SDSU and he has a level of journalistic integrity that must be upheld. His superiors expect him to write objectively and use facts to justify any conclusions he makes when proposing an idea or making a prediction. The day TV feels he can't be objective and must write only positive articles, blog entries or twitter posts, the less effective he becomes and the more his role with the Argus is compromised.

So, take it for exactly what it is worth and continue to be a fan of both the Jackrabbits and TV or just be a fan of the Jackrabbits. TV will be okay with that.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If we don't get more consistent quarterback play than 6th is dead on for 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  TV is not employed by SDSU and he has a level of journalistic integrity that must be upheld. His superiors expect him to write objectively and use facts to justify any conclusions he makes when proposing an idea or making a prediction. The day TV feels he can't be objective and must write only positive articles, blog entries or twitter posts, the less effective he becomes and the more his role with the Argus is compromised.

So, take it for exactly what it is worth and continue to be a fan of both the Jackrabbits and TV or just be a fan of the Jackrabbits. TV will be okay with that.
                  My thoughts exactly although expressed better by JackMD.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    My thoughts exactly although expressed better by JackMD.
                    I politely disagree. TV totally has the right to be negative in his points of view. Is TV acting as a reporter or as a columist though? Columist have opinions, reporters report. Nobody is questioning his right to be objective.

SpeedRabbit and I want to see some articles about the team. Where are they? The players are maxing out this week. Then a week off. Then camp is here. We don't have an objective story about the team. Just a blog. Also - do coaches or sportswriters pick All Conferance? Plus when do we get an article about the team in the Argus?

Comment

I politely disagree. TV totally has the right to be negative in his points of view. Is TV acting as a reporter or as a columist though? Columist have opinions, reporters report. Nobody is questioning his right to be objective.

SpeedRabbit and I want to see some articles about the team. Where are they? The players are maxing out this week. Then a week off. Then camp is here. We don't have an objective story about the team. Just a blog. Also - do coaches or sportswriters pick All Conferance? Plus when do we get an article about the team in the Argus?
                      Your implying he can't do both? You would have a hard time in a larger media market where players and coaches are called out constantly. It's a frocking media poll and he gave reasons for his blog.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Your implying he can't do both? You would have a hard time in a larger media market where players and coaches are called out constantly. It's a frocking media poll and he gave reasons for his blog.
                        Wonder if Stu Whitney will pick the Coyotes 6th next year when the join the Missouri Valley?? I highly doubt it.. Terry has done a nice job in the past covering the Jackrabbits and I'm sure he will do a nice job in the future but as we start a new season I think he could have used a little more tact.

Comment

I'll double agree with MD and JD.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Wonder if Stu Whitney will pick the Coyotes 6th next year when the join the Missouri Valley?? I highly doubt it.. Terry has done a nice job in the past covering the Jackrabbits and I'm sure he will do a nice job in the future but as we start a new season I think he could have used a little more tact.
                            Nothing he said was inaccurate and it wasn't written like a hatchet job or something. He explained why he picked us where he did and used some analysis to back it up.

And in case some didn't notice, we weren't very good last year. Until SDSU proves that they are better than last year by playing better, he doesn't owe the fans some glowing piece of analysis if the facts don't show such a conclusion.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I agree. TV calls it like he sees it, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'd much rather have honest reporting than a constant stream of disingenuous optimism from some "homer" journalist. I can get plenty of that optimism on forums like this! That's not to say the Jacks have no chance of a winning season this year, just that they face some substantial obstacles.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                I agree. TV calls it like he sees it, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'd much rather have honest reporting than a constant stream of disingenuous optimism from some "homer" journalist. I can get plenty of that optimism on forums like this! That's not to say the Jacks have no chance of a winning season this year, just that they face some substantial obstacles.
                                Who ever said this forum would give you optimism? Lol - just kidding. Problem is we need some player background on all these unknown players.

Comment

Working...
                                X