Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New offense?

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Being a big wikipedia skeptic, I gotta ask, if football is moving from shotgun to pistol, what's next: water gun?
    "longbow"

"crossbow"

"atl-atl"

"spear"

"slingshot"

"rock"
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The pistol offense does look interesting. After success with the Wildcat plays why not the pistol offense?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Frankly I would love to see the play calling go back to when Berry was QB and minnett as a freshman. We ran several different running plays, several different passing plays, they were both designed similar so it was not as obvious to what the play would be. there were multiple different ways to execute the play, not just 1 one they do now. Was it Wilkinson as the OFF cord then? I think it was his touch that had us scoring in the 30-40s every game. I would go back to look, but I am at work and to lazy. They use to run a Y or split backfield, a lot more options then the I formation up the middle. Is meadows the main OFF play caller?
        Coincidentally the Nevada QB was on ESPN radio yesterday. And that is exactly what the pistol: is 1 formation with 10 different options. He also said that they laughed at other colleges that tried it because they didn't know what they were doing. So......not sure how we will do with it.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
          My burning question is this...can we still throw the 5 yard out from the spread formation????
          You would have to pull that play out of the book from Meadows' cold dead hands.........

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            Coincidentally the Nevada QB was on ESPN radio yesterday. And that is exactly what the pistol: is 1 formation with 10 different options. He also said that they laughed at other colleges that tried it because they didn't know what they were doing. So......not sure how we will do with it.
            Stig refers to "new" offenses like that as: "communist football".
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I do know that our coaches went to Nevada and learned it from their staff so thats at least promising. After all Nevada's head coach is the person who invented the pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                The pistol offense does look interesting. After success with the Wildcat plays why not the pistol offense?
                just did a little searching and found a whole Forum devoted to it!
                http://www.pistoloffense.proboards.com/index.cgi?/

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  SDSU runs the flash, not wildcat. Same difference though. Instead of running different schemes. how about just executing plays and develop a few different looks just so its not obvious what we are running.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    just did a little searching and found a whole Forum devoted to it!
                    http://www.pistoloffense.proboards.com/index.cgi?/
                    Really look forward to seeing it in run.

Comment

"10 different options" with tob at qb, it ain't gonna happen. he locks in on the first option and that's what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                        "10 different options" with tob at qb, it ain't gonna happen. he locks in on the first option and that's what happens.
                        I'm not arguing with this at all. He's a junior he either gets it or he doesn't this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          "longbow"

"crossbow"

"atl-atl"

"spear"

"slingshot"

"rock"
                          You forgot "spitwad", Filbert.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            You forgot "spitwad", Filbert.
                            Touche' . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm not arguing with this at all. He's a junior he either gets it or he doesn't this spring.
                              if he doesn't get it, then what happens? change QB's if the other guys get it?

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                                if he doesn't get it, then what happens? change QB's if the other guys get it?
                                That would be my choice, but I'm just a guy on fan forum. I don't get paid to make that decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X