X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New offense?

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Apparently we added a second page to the play book
    Naw, we didn't want to waste paper so, we just had it printed double sided. We're on a tight budget you know!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

My burning question is this...can we still throw the 5 yard out from the spread formation????
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
        My burning question is this...can we still throw the 5 yard out from the spread formation????
        Ha! Was thinking the exact same thing! Now we will have 5 people to throw a 1-yard out.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
          Hopefully we will start throwing it deep (7-10 yards) down field this year!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I have been hearing the new offense is the Pistol. I am not a fan of it but at least its a change.

Comment

If we can run it like the Wolfpack then I'm all for it. Then again we don't have a Kaepernick at QB.
              I'm going to the Oregon v. Nevada game next year at Autzen so we'll see how the Pistol works against a speed defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrab View Post
                I have been hearing the new offense is the Pistol. I am not a fan of it but at least its a change.
                I'm actually kind of a fan of the pistol.

Say you're in like an Ace set (2 TE's), and you're running a PA pass.

In a normal, under center play, the qb has to turn his back to the defense to play fake.

In the pistol, you have a bit of an advantage in that way.

Also, you can run much better out of the pistol than you can the gun, the rb gets a running start in the pistol, instead getting a stationary hand-off.

You can motion your TE's into the back field to function as a fb anyway.

However, one thing about the pistol is... it does take a while to get acclimated to.

Comment

Crap. I have to learn more jargon just to watch football?!!

Sure hope Wikipedia has an explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Just need to play more video games.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Yes, the pistol works if it is ran right, but a team recruits for its system. I'm not so sure thats what we have been recruiting for, although the athletes that have been coming in the past few years look to be good enough to adjust. Or at least we better hope so.

Comment

Frankly I would love to see the play calling go back to when Berry was QB and minnett as a freshman. We ran several different running plays, several different passing plays, they were both designed similar so it was not as obvious to what the play would be. there were multiple different ways to execute the play, not just 1 one they do now. Was it Wilkinson as the OFF cord then? I think it was his touch that had us scoring in the 30-40s every game. I would go back to look, but I am at work and to lazy. They use to run a Y or split backfield, a lot more options then the I formation up the middle. Is meadows the main OFF play caller?
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrab View Post
                          Yes, the pistol works if it is ran right, but a team recruits for its system. I'm not so sure thats what we have been recruiting for, although the athletes that have been coming in the past few years look to be good enough to adjust. Or at least we better hope so.
                          True.

One other worry I have is that we're doing this, just to "do it".

The pistol changes your timing for hand-offs and PA passes, and things of that nature.

If we're just putting in a pistol "package", just for another look, I'd rather not do it.

What I meant earlier is I like the "concept" of the pistol.

I'm still a pro style offense guy, particularly with the kind of kids we recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

ask, and you shall receive...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_offense

It's becoming the new "fad" offense now, I guess taking over for the "shotgun spread".

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                                ask, and you shall receive...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_offense

It's becoming the new "fad" offense now, I guess taking over for the "shotgun spread".

Being a big wikipedia skeptic, I gotta ask, if football is moving from shotgun to pistol, what's next: water gun?

Comment

Working...
                                X