Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    Looks like people have discussed this in teh south dakota high school football championship thread and that both Barber's have received interest from SDSU.

I looked up his size and they list him on maxpreps at 5'8" 130. That certainly does make it harder to find a spot for him on a DI roster.
    Who was the punt returner we had a few years ago? The guy who returned the punt against NDSU after the kick interference? He was a small dude, who made a big impact.

How big was the RB from ISU-blue when he came out of school? He dominated us.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      Who was the punt returner we had a few years ago? The guy who returned the punt against NDSU after the kick interference? He was a small dude, who made a big impact.

How big was the RB from ISU-blue when he came out of school? He dominated us.
      Punt returner was Paul Aanonson, listed at 5'10" 170 lbs. his senior year, the year of the 'return'.

Bell from ISU-Blue was listed at 5'8" 185 lbs. on his maxpreps page.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        Punt returner was Paul Aanonson, listed at 5'10" 170 lbs. his senior year, the year of the 'return'.

Bell from ISU-Blue was listed at 5'8" 185 lbs. on his maxpreps page.
        Yes, Aanonson, there is no way he was 5'10.

And Bell is not 5'8". I stood along the fence for that game, and he's not over 5'7". On Valley TV during the WIU game the were talking about ISU-B, and they said he was 5'-7", 170. Bell went for over 200 against MSU today.

My point being, size and mass aren't the only factor in determining D1 recruits. With that being said, I have no idea if the Barbers are capable of being effective at this level.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Anything new with the Greenways? They could make a team a lot better in hurry.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

SDSU recently offered a LB out of Arizona.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...onzalez-125158

LB Cedric Gonzalez
            6'0" 185
            Tucson, AZ (Sunnyside)

Interest from Arizona, Arizona St, & N. Arizona

Comment

I have no idea how good the Zemlicka twins are from Waverly-South Shore, but here's an article on them being the Elite 45 captains this year. They both say their first choice would be South Dakota State.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ll|text|Home|p
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                I have no idea how good the Zemlicka twins are from Waverly-South Shore, but here's an article on them being the Elite 45 captains this year. They both say their first choice would be South Dakota State.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20111124/SPORTS01/311240023/Argus-Leader-Elite-45-Double-trouble?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Home|p
                I was thinking the same thing. Then it reminded of the kid who announced he was going to a D1 school and the D1 school had never heard of him.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Didn't that happen a few years ago with Kendall Ledbetter? He told everyone he verbal led to State when the coaches had not even talked to him. To his credit he did end up walking for a semester.

The Zemlicka twins would be quality players for the Jacks to pick up though. A lot of heart. Maybe preferred Walk on status.
                  Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 11-24-2011, 10:55 AM.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

There's a lot of fight in those two and I'm sure our coaches have known about them for a couple of years. Their coach, Billy Kirch, is a Jackrabbit.

If you had a chance to watch Waverly/South Shore this year, you went away from their games thinking they could take on any team (any class) in the state if the 9-man rules applied. Smart, fast, hard-hitting.

Comment

Tyson is a very good receiver and has good size and very good hands. His 1 handed catch in the dome on the 2 point conversion was great. Taylor probably won't be able to play QB at this level and is really undersized for LB which I think he played on defense. Not sure if both would be offered here and in the article they mentioned they are a package deal.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                        Tyson is a very good receiver and has good size and very good hands. His 1 handed catch in the dome on the 2 point conversion was great. Taylor probably won't be able to play QB at this level and is really undersized for LB which I think he played on defense. Not sure if both would be offered here and in the article they mentioned they are a package deal.
                        He might be an undersized LB, but at 6'1" he would make a good sized DB. Without having seen him play, I can't testify to his defensive abilities. But with him being a mobile QB, I can probably guess he is athletic enough.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

When you have state grown kids who want to play at state you who appear to be good enough. I think you need to get them. Its the start of a culture of growing up with kids who are good ebough but the key is they want to go to sdsu. Imo they are fast enough to play defense for us. Maybe one at saftey other linebacker.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ll|text|Home|p
                            In reading the story, I find that the Zemlicka family is involved in a dairy operation. These kids are a natural for SDSU academically with family dairy operations on their way out, I am thinking the kids would like to be in this industry somehow as that is all they know at this point in time. Lets hope as a mimimum they are given an opportunity to walk on.

Comment

Some assumptions in that post. I grew up on a farm and I want nothing to do with it. Nothing against it, but just to assume that kids that grow up on a farm that it is "all they know" is a stretch.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

n
                                Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Some assumptions in that post. I grew up on a farm and I want nothing to do with it. Nothing against it, but just to assume that kids that grow up on a farm that it is "all they know" is a stretch.
                                I grew up on a farm too, but have often wished I had taken a chance in that occupation especially with current commodity and land prices. Its not a stretch. You have spoken for yourself and assume everyone thinks like you do. I realize you are from Vermillion but by now you have had sampled some of the good ice cream on campus. SDSU is where you learn to make ice cream and other goodies, and they don't offer this training at USD.

Yes its called Dairy Manufacturing and people have been very sucessful with a degree in Dairy Science from SDSU, often these people will never have to step in a cow pie again especially if they occupy the top floor at a multination corporation like Kraft Foods and are the CEO. This is why I suspect there is interest in SDSU by the Zemlicka twins. One of my classmates did make it to the top at Kraft Foods btw.
                                A Quote from the article:
                                Lonnie Zemlicka runs a dairy farm in the Waverly area, and even today, Tyson and Taylor are up at 5 in the morning milking cows.

Tales of small-town football standouts finding time to wake up in the dark to help out on the family farm might be seen as a cliche, but they ring true in this case.
                                This is all they know from a working career to date. Father and sons seem to be very proud of their operation. Does the article mention other jobs they have held? Such as a life guard perhaps?
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 11-24-2011, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X