Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    11.18 in the 100m dash and 50.17 in the 400m is not that fast IMO. Maybe they can improve that speed. I've never ran the 200m so I'm not as familiar with those times. Obviously the coaching staff sees something in this kid and I'll trust them.

What are people referring to how he had a tough life? What's his story?
    I don't really care about a 100m dash time on the football field, not too often are they going to run from the back of the end zone to the other end zone in one play.

However a 4.5 40 is not terribly fast for a defensive back, however it is probably faster then 3/4's of the DB's the jacks have right now. Dale Moss has 4.5 40 speed from what I was told, and he doesn't look too fast out on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      I don't really care about a 100m dash time on the football field, not too often are they going to run from the back of the end zone to the other end zone in one play.

However a 4.5 40 is not terribly fast for a defensive back, however it is probably faster then 3/4's of the DB's the jacks have right now. Dale Moss has 4.5 40 speed from what I was told, and he doesn't look too fast out on the field.
      Sorry. I was just proving a point that his 100m & 400m times weren't that fast. I was going to go into quickness, like you stated above, and say the same thing but I didn't. Probably should have. I completely agree with you in that those times really don't matter. The 40 times is a much better indicator.

If he's running a 4.5 40 yd dash, then that's pretty fast for a kid coming in as a freshman. He'll get faster with weights and conditioning. Anyways, I don't even remember what kid we're talking about anymore (seriously). Best of luck to him and I hope he proves me wrong (or whatever).
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Sorry. I was just proving a point that his 100m & 400m times weren't that fast. I was going to go into quickness, like you stated above, and say the same thing but I didn't. Probably should have. I completely agree with you in that those times really don't matter. The 40 times is a much better indicator.

If he's running a 4.5 40 yd dash, then that's pretty fast for a kid coming in as a freshman. He'll get faster with weights and conditioning. Anyways, I don't even remember what kid we're talking about anymore (seriously). Best of luck to him and I hope he proves me wrong (or whatever).
        I do agree with you that a 11+ 100 is not terribly fast, there are numerous kids who run sub 11's each year in the state. But for football I think its alright as a freshman time.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Nothing against him I love kids who want to go to state but we were competing with an avg d 2 school and a transition d 2 school.
          8 man/9 man kids can sometimes be hard to gauge how they'll translate to the next level, so in turn, bigger schools will generally go after the "surer" thing (players who face higher level of competition).

Regardless of which schools were recruiting him, his specs (height/weight/speed/build) look good, so there is some potential to get excited about.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            8 man/9 man kids can sometimes be hard to gauge how they'll translate to the next level, so in turn, bigger schools will generally go after the "surer" thing (players who face higher level of competition).

Regardless of which schools were recruiting him, his specs (height/weight/speed/build) look good, so there is some potential to get excited about.
            That is usually the case. Remember Nate Wolters was primarily getting recruited by D2 schools. and I know somebody is going to mention Chad Greenway playing 9 man and playing for Iowa, I feel the need to state that he wasnt recruited by Iowa until a well known booster saw him play and told Iowa to recruit them. A lot of players go unnoticied.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              I've seen him play a couple of times, he's pretty dang fast. He gets the tiniest bit of room and he's gone.

I think he would be a good return man for the Jacks in addition to playing defensive back, needs to work on his cuts though, seems a little bit slow out of them at times.
              It's all relative, right? They always say that track speed is nice, but football speed is different. Jimmy Rogers probably ran about a 13.5 100m.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

A 4.5 by a kid in high school is pretty damn fast.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  Is that 8 man football. He does look bigger and faster than all the other 15 players on the field.
                  Logan Rath was not the premier player on the field according to most experts this year. His teammate Drew Ott will be playing for the Hawkeyes next year. The two were a very impressive pair at any level of football in Nebraska this year. I've been blessed to see these kids play a couple of times the last few years in games that our crew officiated. One game I would have loved to watch was their semifinal loss to Howells this year. Howells front three featured DE - Brian Bayer, 6'5" 230, Howells, NE http://bit.ly/glTLZm. Bayer is another recruit who we have an offer out to. The other two that lined up next to Bayer were two Bazata brothers. The Jacks have had some success with that name on the back of the jersey.

Late this summer and early this fall I also had the chance to talk with Logan's parents. Logan's dad was wearing Jackrabbit apparel the first time I met him and we talked about the Rabbits and Logan's team from Giltner. His parents were very impressed with SDSU and the coaching staff. I'm excited to see Logan wearing blue this next year!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    A 4.5 by a kid in high school is pretty damn fast.
                    Second that. On what planet is a 4.5 HS slow? Considering that the 10th-fastest NFL CB runs a 4.32 and one of the fastest draftable college RBs (DeMarco Murray of Oklahoma) runs a 4.41, 4.5 is pretty salty for an 18-year-old...
                    http://40-yard-dash-times.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      On what planet is a 4.5 HS slow?
                      A funny question deserves a funny answer. I ran out of funny answers several miles back

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        On what planet is a 4.5 HS slow?
                        Mercury, Mars, and especially Pluto. Questionable on Venus and Uranus.

Comment

Logan Rath was named 2nd Team Super State in Nebraska by the Lincoln Journal Star. Only players to make 1st team that were not from a Class A school was his teammate, Drew Ott and Kicker Drew Farlee from Norfolk Catholic.

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Highlights of Logan:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/20370/logan-rath

He looks long and already weighs 245 lbs, so there is definitely some potential to beef him up to the 290+ lbs range. If he retains his speed, he could be a good player for the Jacks in the future.

Comment

I truly believe there are more South Dakota kids who can play at the FCS level if given the opportunity. All you have to do is look at the Montana roster and see the number of instate kids they recruit and they have had a fair amount of success. If players have the raw size and speed than you trust our coaching staff to be able to teach the skill set to play at this level. These elite camps are designed to allow area kids to showcase their talent and find that diamond in the rough. We will have to continue to scout the country for the skills we aren't finding in abundance in the region. I'm not suprised these kids who were identified at the camps are the first to commit as they will not have the same number of opportunities than some of the other "higher profile" young men we are recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                              Logan Rath was not the premier player on the field according to most experts this year. His teammate Drew Ott will be playing for the Hawkeyes next year. The two were a very impressive pair at any level of football in Nebraska this year. I've been blessed to see these kids play a couple of times the last few years in games that our crew officiated. One game I would have loved to watch was their semifinal loss to Howells this year. Howells front three featured DE - Brian Bayer, 6'5" 230, Howells, NE http://bit.ly/glTLZm. Bayer is another recruit who we have an offer out to. The other two that lined up next to Bayer were two Bazata brothers. The Jacks have had some success with that name on the back of the jersey.

Late this summer and early this fall I also had the chance to talk with Logan's parents. Logan's dad was wearing Jackrabbit apparel the first time I met him and we talked about the Rabbits and Logan's team from Giltner. His parents were very impressed with SDSU and the coaching staff. I'm excited to see Logan wearing blue this next year!
                              TV just posted this on his live chat for the MBB game - looks like we got another verbal from a different player from Howells, NE. Maybe that will help with the recruitment of Bayer too. TV says that Brichacek with play DT at SDSU, was he on that same line with Bayer and Bazata brothers?

Jordan Brichacek, a 6-foot-5, 245-pound senior from Howells, Neb., said Tuesday that he has given a verbal commitment to play football at South Dakota State. A little breaking news for you. He says NDSU and USD also offered.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

The Newest Jackrabbit

Jordan Brichacek
                                6'5" 240
                                Howells, Nebraska

Rivals lists him as an OT, but TV reported that he will play DT.

Held an offer from NDSU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ichacek-122125

Comment

Working...
                                X