Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Luke Meadows and TOB

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    I have always disagreed with Meadows and his play calling ability. Example on Saturday of this: 3rd Qtr, we are down, we run a dive with Duffy that gets stuffed, we are sitting at 2nd and long. We decide to run the "Flash" with an injured Minnet, who cannot run effectively at this point of the game, NDSU being well coached understands this, they key on Duffy as Minnet cannot run, play gets stuffed, now it is 3rd and long. That is bad play calling. That tells me they had nothing else in the bag, they had no idea what to do. Once again, bad coaching cost us the game. Why do you think NDSU was putting highlight reel hits on our guys all game? They were well coached, knew every read off of our vanilla offense, and were properly positioned to lay huge hit after huge hit.

TOB's confidence is shot now, which I blame on Meadows. Defenses knows where we are going to be at all times, as we cannot evolve the offensive play calling to put him into situations where he isn't going to get picked off.

Yes it is probably time to move onto Sumner, but I hope Meadows is gone to give him a fighting chance.
    I agree that his confidence is gone. It hurt that our coaching staff had no way to pull him during a game allowing him to clear his head and settle down. We really do need to get our QB situation in order. Having no backup this year cost us at least one if not two games. Those who don't want to target TOB? Ask yourself why we lost to NDSU Saturday? The defense did their job. D Line and O Line did their job. Minett, until hurt did his job, Kool did his. If I recall Minnet had 51 yards in the first quarter then came the interception for a TD. The rest of the game we were playing from behind and NDSU took advantage of it. Four interceptions, two for TDs one of which was thrown into the chest of a defensive lineman cost us that game. Stig is a smart guy. He will address these issues in the offseason and I have a feeling some game day changes will be made. Plus I think the QB situation with be handled. The race is wide open and both TOB and Sumner will get their shot. I also think you will see the staff out recruiting QBs this year.

For now, I just want Minett healthy and I want to kick the living crap out of UND allowing a great group of Seniors a chance to leave the college game on a high note.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
      For now, I just want Minett healthy and I want to kick the living crap out of UND allowing a great group of Seniors a chance to leave the college game on a high note.

I second the emotion. I sure hope the fans do their part and show up in droves to support this team, particularly the great seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
        I agree that he didn't have a great day and he has to shoulder that burden. However our system sucks
        Who was the the other cord who left 2 years ago? wasnt he in charge when Berry was QB and the offense was actually effective?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Who was the the other cord who left 2 years ago? wasnt he in charge when Berry was QB and the offense was actually effective?
          Bailey?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Bailey?
            Yeah, i should have kept reading, as far as I knew, it was his plays, but meadows calls the plays. When eidness was here before, our offense looked better then it does now, So i think it will take time for his system to get into play more.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Bailey?
              Yes Bailey sad day when he left Berry gave him a ton of credit for helping him become the QB that he was

Comment

Yes Bailey sad day when he left Berry gave him a ton of credit for helping him become the QB that he was
                Any way we can give him a pay raise and get him back?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Any way we can give him a pay raise and get him back?
                  Would be awesome Bailey has a great offensive mind but he never really did stay in one spot very long

Comment

Would be awesome Bailey has a great offensive mind but he never really did stay in one spot very long
                    Didnt he leave for a non coaching business opertunity? Maybe a pay raise or higher title would make him interested in staying.

When he was here, we ran a split back field, or y back field, with Koenig and Minett, it worked great, it was a play with 4 or 5 different ways to run, now we run up the middle, in obvious passs plays. We have 2 awesome backs who could both get the ball or block for the other or keep one to block on a pass play and swing one out. Its a simple formation they ran often, now its power up the middle.

Comment

I wonder why.

Comment

actually bailey was never here when Koenig was. That was Darren Wilkinson. Bailey was only here for one season when Berry was a senior and our offense put up record numbers, particularly the passing game.

Comment

Doesn't our whole QB issue go back to the fact that the coaching staff gave the keys to TOB, an underclassman, which caused Whittier and Mondol (SP?) to transfer?

I could be all wet here. This is my first season getting deep into SDSU football.

This probably should not be said, but someone on here said that they hope that TOB "gets the gears moving" between the ears. Based on his picture in the program, I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Suit and tie....dress sharp play sharp...just like work. Act like you want to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybacker05 View Post
                            actually bailey was never here when Koenig was. That was Darren Wilkinson. Bailey was only here for one season when Berry was a senior and our offense put up record numbers, particularly the passing game.
                            THats who I was thinking of, thanks. YEah, he was the coach I like the play calling those couple years he was here.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              Doesn't our whole QB issue go back to the fact that the coaching staff gave the keys to TOB, an underclassman, which caused Whittier and Mondol (SP?) to transfer?

I could be all wet here. This is my first season getting deep into SDSU football.

This probably should not be said, but someone on here said that they hope that TOB "gets the gears moving" between the ears. Based on his picture in the program, I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Suit and tie....dress sharp play sharp...just like work. Act like you want to be there.
                              The keys weren't given to O'Brien. He took them. If those other guys got beat out and then transferred because they weren't good enough to beat out a freshman, tough sh*t.

It was me that made the "gears" comment and I meant it. TOB will get his mental portion caught up to his physical skills and he is going to be a great weapon. If we can get him to get his situational awareness up to speed, he is going to put up huge numbers.

I see it almost daily where a young guy gets crushed because his brain just hasn't caught up to what is going on around him. Eventually, stuff slows down and he becomes lethal. That WILL happen for TOB with a little more experience.

Comment

there is NO WAY coach stigge can say next year "here you go TOB you can get the job done the starting spots yours" LOL . He has to be sitting next year, if it was me i would have pulled the red shirt freshman from the bench and would have been getting well ahead of the game for next year. This was one of the worst performances from a QB i have seen in a long time and hes had a few of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X