Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIU Game

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    OK. I have been asking myself all week whether WIU can be as good as they "seem" to be. I think I have convinced myself that while they are good, they're not that different from last year's WIU team.

The difference, of course, is Matt Barr. WIU was without Barr most of last year, and ever since his last visit to Coughlin a couple of years ago, I have thought he is one of the best QBs in the league. The guy can run and throw and he's a gamer.

They're 4-1, which is a great start. But who have the Leathernecks played?

Valpo (W): No-scholarship team SDSU beat about 40-kabillion to 0 during transition.

Purdue (L): The team that lost at home to Toledo. Minnesota vs. Purdue will be a fair fight... that's how bad they are.

Sam Houston State (W): Good win here. Big win. But SHSU has one win, against Gardner-Webb (granted, GW is decent)

Indiana State (W): 'Nuf said.

NDSU (W): Good win in Fargo. Have to give them credit there.

Meanwhile, we've been playing Delaware, Illinois State, Nebraska, and UNI.

What does it all mean? WIU is good, but their 4-1 start is a bit misleading. SDSU is good, but our 0-4 start is very misleading.

If SDSU plays solid run defense (not a given) and runs the ball, we win by 10 or more. If they run the ball and we're forced to throw it around, it could be ugly.

WIU: 17
    SDSU: 24
    Agree that WIU is a bit overrated and SDSU is a bit underrated. The two teams are fairly equal and the stats are misleading because of the schedules.

The Jacks need this game and need to keep the crowd into it and loud the whole game. I hope Coughlin looks more like a college football stadium this week and not a country club golf event like it did vs Illinois St.
    http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

I agree with the above. I think SDSU should be the favorite with the home-field being part of the reason.

Comment

I wonder how many fans will be in CAS early this week to see what all the grumbling was about (opening, band, team rush to the field etc.). I missed the opening stuff at the first home game, cleaning up from tailgating. But, we'll be in our seats plenty early this time.

Go JACKS!

Comment

I really wouldn't care if the team walks on the field with no opening. I just want to see the team play up to potential, without the mental errors.

Let's Go Rabbits!
          Last edited by Prairiehaas; 10-09-2010, 10:11 AM. Reason: sp
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I wonder how many fans will be in CAS early this week to see what all the grumbling was about (opening, band, team rush to the field etc.). I missed the opening stuff at the first home game, cleaning up from tailgating. But, we'll be in our seats plenty early this time.

Go JACKS!
            I'm told they have reworked a few things.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

They did a video of the team coming down the hallway (aka Nebraska in a tunnell), still were late coming out if they were suppose to match the band playing. It was alot better.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                If we score 35 points I'll buy every one on this forum a drink!!!!!
                You better buy the Jacks long snapper a drink because he saved you a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                  You better buy the Jacks long snapper a drink because he saved you a lot of money.
                  I didn't think of that as I was watching the game!! (-; As long as won the game I wouldn't have cared.. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    T Kool dropping that 2 pointer saved me also!

Comment

Working...
                    X