WIU Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIU Game

The coach had cancer, left the team for an interim coach, came back, and then had to leave again. He soon died afterward I believe. To many coaches with their own schemes but now have one head coach and his scheme. Besides Barr coming back they also added a running back from Michigan State ( Michigan State had a bunch of players kicked off the team because of lying about a fight with a black fraternity that the black players don't like.) Plus losing to ISUBlue last year probably woke them up big time.

Addendum Coach Patterson is very much alive, sadly it was a Softball coach who passed. I apologize for the mistake and wish coach well.
    Last edited by SturgisJeff; 10-07-2010, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      The coach had cancer, left the team for an interim coach, came back, and then had to leave again. He soon died afterward I believe. To many coaches with their own schemes but now have one head coach and his scheme. Besides Barr coming back they also added a running back from Michigan State ( Michigan State had a bunch of players kicked off the team because of lying about a fight with a black fraternity that the black players don't like.) Plus losing to ISUBlue last year probably woke them up big time.
      About the coach, I believe you are correct. The current head coach seemed to be hog tied last season. About the fight with a black faternity, I think being in Michigan, you are probably up on what's going on then most of us, so will assume that to be correct. It just goes to show that the color of your skin does not determine who you might like or dislike. ie black players do not like black faternity. I wonder why!

After listening to the NDSU vs WIU game last week, once WIU takes the lead, they seem to know how to keep it. They got more than one stop on 3rd down which took the momemntum away from the young Bison. Jensen, true freshman QB seem to be contained at times although he made some neat pass plays. Lets hope TOB extra year of experience will make a difference.

Comment

This'll be a breakout game to O'Brien and SDSU fans will go home real happy.

(Please?!)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          This'll be a breakout game to O'Brien and SDSU fans will go home real happy.
          Better be! I'm flying up for this game and don't wanna go home mad.

On a side note, the last game I saw in person was the SDSU game up in Fargo 2 years ago and we all know how that turned out.

I'm not sayin'! I'm just sayin...

Comment

I see a big game for TOB and a big game for the defensive front. Jacks win, in surprisingly easy fashion (by more than 14 points), on a great fall day. Even fans on the north end of the stadium seats stand and cheer a little. The season is salvaged, at least for a week.
            This space for lease.

Comment

1-0 this week. Need a new grill for the tailgate site, any good deals to report? Looking for something relatively cheap that can be discarded if it fails. $149 charbroil or something similar.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                1-0 this week. Need a new grill for the tailgate site, any good deals to report? Looking for something relatively cheap that can be discarded if it fails. $149 charbroil or something similar.

I really like my Coleman:
                http://www.coleman.com/coleman/Colem...tegoryID=27110

Not cheap, but grills almost as well as my Weber at home!!

I am due for a new one though...it's gotten me through about 4 seasons and could go more, but I droped it a few times in my garage and the wheels are a bit "wiggly". I will maybe try the one without wheels next time or the Weber tailgate grill.

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  The coach had cancer, left the team for an interim coach, came back, and then had to leave again. He soon died afterward I believe.
                  No, he's still with us. As of August, Don Patterson settled his lawsuit with WIU for an undisclosed amount of money.

The university completely botched, and lied, about Don Patterson's departure. The WIU Office of Equal Opportunity and Access investigated and found he had been discriminated against. Basically, he got sick, went on leave, came back, and they let him go claiming he had resigned for health reasons. In fact, they dumped him.

Patterson is looking for a job as an offensive coordinator.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

I like how this is added....

Comment

TOB reads all the wonderful advice presented this week on this forum,he says,"I can do that",he in fact does,great inspiration for the rest of the team,we win 35-20.

Comment

What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Go get em Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          TOB reads all the wonderful advice presented this week on this forum,he says,"I can do that",he in fact does,great inspiration for the rest of the team,we win 35-20.
                          If we score 35 points I'll buy every one on this forum a drink!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Go get em Jacks!
                            Haven't seen a Conan the Barbarian reference in a while. Nicely done TK!
                            “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                              If we score 35 points I'll buy every one on this forum a drink!!!!!
                              I'll quote this, just in case.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                No, he's still with us. As of August, Don Patterson settled his lawsuit with WIU for an undisclosed amount of money.

The university completely botched, and lied, about Don Patterson's departure. The WIU Office of Equal Opportunity and Access investigated and found he had been discriminated against. Basically, he got sick, went on leave, came back, and they let him go claiming he had resigned for health reasons. In fact, they dumped him.

Can you imagine SDSU treating Ralph Ginn in this manner who did sucumb to cancer I believe. I can not. WIU really did botch this affair and it cost them no doubt. At the Difference Makers breakfast this morning, just in passing Stig noted on the scoreboard at WIU it has all their playoff appearences which number about a half dozen. He mentioned that these were all to Coach Patterson's credit. He did not allude to the controversy of last season, but merely pointed out the accompolishments. If I recall correctly, Coach Stig and staff spent some time with Coach Patterson and his staff. I want to say it was the first year of the transition. So Coach Stig apparently thought highly of Patterson.

WIU brings a great defensive set that they have had for years. He diagramed it several times. It is a set somewhat of a one on one coverage. There two DB's who are often hard to track and they end up all over the field. They executed real well against Purdue and Sam Houston. He showed clips from both games. Defensively we will have our hands full, and with a struggling offense, the end result does not bode well in my mind.

With Barr at QB and others I think we are going to have a long night. Thats why I picked WIU in the prognagstics. I hope I am very wrong on that one, but right now, our guys are not playing with confidence. On the bus ride home, he texted the the staff for a list of all the mental mistakes that the guys made and they came up with a total of 62. Even Ryan McKight had five and some of them were penalities. If the fans on this board are in a tizzy, our guys are too, and that is basically our big problem. We are putting pressure on ourselves and lack the confidence that we had last season.

Thats the short and long of what I heard this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X