WIU Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIU Game

Alright everybody take a deep breath. Let's talk about WIU. Seems like they are lining it up for a complete opposite of last year. Conference game so definitely a must win. Definitely a must win because it is at home. Definitely a must win...because...well...we haven't won yet.
    It's time. Time to get back behind this team. Time to quit looking for reasons we aren't winning. Time for the crowd to get in it and off their asses. TIme for beers in the Backyard and tailgating! It's time to win, dammit!!!!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: WIU Game

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Alright everybody take a deep breath. Let's talk about WIU. Seems like they are lining it up for a complete opposite of last year. Conference game so definitely a must win. Definitely a must win because it is at home. Definitely a must win...because...well...we haven't won yet.
    It's time. Time to get back behind this team. Time to quit looking for reasons we aren't winning. Time for the crowd to get in it and off their asses. TIme for beers in the Backyard and tailgating! It's time to win, dammit!!!!
    You forgot the rah,rah, rah & the jump ,kick step. (just kidding,don't get your Irish up!

Comment

The Yankton crew will be out in full force. I think this game will define the rest of the season. I expect the best performance from both offense and defense. We have to eliminate all the stupid penalties and make WAY BETTER decisions, both on the field and on the sidelines. A victory Saturday will go along ways towards turning this into a successful season. A loss on Saturday and it could get really ugly.

So, everybody come out to CAS. Enjoy the Beef Bowl BBQ and some tailgating before the game and then cheer like crazy for a Jackrabbit victory!!
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        You forgot the rah,rah, rah & the jump ,kick step. (just kidding,don't get your Irish up!
        What can I say, I'm a hopeless fan.
        But, it's starting to get ugly around here.

Comment

WIU may possibly be the toughest opponent you will see in conference. I was impressed with what they did to us on Saturday. Good team
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Who did WIU add from last year's team? They looked pretty hapless in Macomb last year.

Northern Iowa is tough to beat in their little artificial turf, artificial noise, artificial atmosphere dome. Jacks beat them at home late in the year. Northern Iowa had two tiny backs, smaller than Delawares. NIU, with those tiny backs, would not win on cold, frozen turf. Same reason NDSU loses every time they have to go out in the cold.

Jacks will re group for the first win of the year. It is rally time for all. Sounds like Stig is fired up.

About time we had another home game - 10-9 for Pete's sake and it is only our second home game.

The crowd needs to support the young team and watch them go. Saturday will be warm, but the weather will soon be turning to Jackrabbit weather.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
              10-9.
              My early prediction on a final score based on how we've been racking up points.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Leather Nation 33
                Hossenfeffer Hares 12

Comment

Who did WIU add from last year's team? They looked pretty hapless in Macomb last year.

Northern Iowa is tough to beat in their little artificial turf, artificial noise, artificial atmosphere dome. Jacks beat them at home late in the year. Northern Iowa had two tiny backs, smaller than Delawares. NIU, with those tiny backs, would not win on cold, frozen turf. Same reason NDSU loses every time they have to go out in the cold.

Jacks will re group for the first win of the year. It is rally time for all. Sounds like Stig is fired up.

About time we had another home game - 10-9 for Pete's sake and it is only our second home game.

The crowd needs to support the young team and watch them go. Saturday will be warm, but the weather will soon be turning to Jackrabbit weather.
                  They got back their stud QB Matt Barr who, if I remember correctly, was hurt nearly all of last season after having a huge game at Sam Houston to start the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    They got back their stud QB Matt Barr who, if I remember correctly, was hurt nearly all of last season after having a huge game at Sam Houston to start the year.

Amazing what good QB play can do for a team. HS, College, NFL. I would call it the most important postion in team sports.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Didn't WIU have some sort of coaching change disaster hanging over their heads last year? Wasn't their coach the one with cancer who was basically told to resign, the the AD lied about it, then the coach came out and told his side of the story...

Or am I way off base on that?
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        Amazing what good QB play can do for a team. HS, College, NFL. I would call it the most important postion in team sports.

Go Jacks!!
                        Hockey Goalie or starting pitcher in baseball?

I agree how well QB play determines so much. Its not easy I am sure dealing with being a QB.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          The guy could really light us up this year. Mobile with a strong arm, absolutely commands attention from the defense.
                          Last edited by jackmd; 10-05-2010, 11:48 AM.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Go Jacks!!
                            cheerleader

Comment

Here are my hopes for the game (including pre-game changes!, LOL):

1. If the Jackrabbits don't win, I can live with that, but please play better. If we lose because WIU is a better team then fine, but please play better. That means you TOB!

2. At 0-4, if I see a montage to WIU during the pre-game I am going to puke.

3. However, I would like to see a montage of SDSU during pre-game, perhaps with Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" playing in the background with highlights from some of our biggest moments over the years?

4. Or, we could accomplish numbers 2 and 3 just by having Carl Weathers pop out from behind a "digitally enhanced SDSU banner" on the big screen and say "Here we go!" just like on the BL commercials. That could be right before the team runs out of the Dykhouse Center, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X