Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    Yes they have and will, Ball St signed a home and home with Illinois St. I don't have the other teams now but FBS has played AT FCS before, its indeed rare but the lower FBS have and do occasionally do it
    Is Ball St. playing @ IL St. first? If not, look for an UM Griz move by Ball St. You'd think that Villanova/Temple would be occasionally played at a "neutral" site, and that Nova would be the home team. I'm unaware of such a game.

Since the Jacks/Bison moved up, when has a FBS played at a FCS?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      Is Ball St. playing @ IL St. first? If not, look for an UM Griz move by Ball St. You'd think that Villanova/Temple would be occasionally played at a "neutral" site, and that Nova would be the home team. I'm unaware of such a game.

Since the Jacks/Bison moved up, when has a FBS played at a FCS?

I don't know any details and i'm sorry I can't produce any games where a FBS is/has played at FCS since we moved up. All I was saying is it has does happen rarely

But I think Western Kentucky is playing at a FCS school also or they did can't remember
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
        I don't know any details and i'm sorry I can't produce any games where a FBS is/has played at FCS since we moved up. All I was saying is it has does happen rarely

But I think Western Kentucky is playing at a FCS school also or they did can't remember
        WKU was in transition from FCS to FBS, and wanted to keep their "rivalry" with EKU, so signed agreement to play two years later. Sunbelt has since required WKU to drop the game at EKU.

I've been watching for the transition years plus, and can't think of a game since 2005 that the FBS played at the FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          WKU was in transition from FCS to FBS, and wanted to keep their "rivalry" with EKU, so signed agreement to play two years later. Sunbelt has since required WKU to drop the game at EKU.

I've been watching for the transition years plus, and can't think of a game since 2005 that the FBS played at the FCS.
          Well until you have facts stop arguing with me!!!
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I saw the "We are not DI in football" quote perplexing as well. That one post completely negates anything of merit in the others.
            I like the level we play at, but it's not DIA unless I missed something. DIAA FCS whatever you want to call it.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              I like the level we play at, but it's not DIA unless I missed something. DIAA FCS whatever you want to call it.

You missed something.

Comment

You missed something. There is Division I FBS and Division I FCS. If you didn't know, we fall into the latter category.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  You missed something. There is Division I FBS and Division I FCS. If you didn't know, we fall into the latter category.
                  I don't think so...

Comment

I don't think so...
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

He actually is serious........
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        He actually is serious........
                        Then he is WRONG.

Comment

As a fan who no longer has kids at home in school, I need to start watching the football schedule for the away game in a place that I would like to visit, and take a fall vacation to see the Jackrabbits on the road. My ideal scenario would have us scheduling home and home contracts with warm climate teams like those in the Southland, with the game in Brookings in early September and the return game in the south in late November. As an example, it would be really nice to spend three or four days in Austin and drive to San Marcos to play Texas State on Saturday.
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                            As a fan who no longer has kids at home in school, I need to start watching the football schedule for the away game in a place that I would like to visit, and take a fall vacation to see the Jackrabbits on the road. My ideal scenario would have us scheduling home and home contracts with warm climate teams like those in the Southland, with the game in Brookings in early September and the return game in the south in late November. As an example, it would be really nice to spend three or four days in Austin and drive to San Marcos to play Texas State on Saturday.

If you have any chance what-so-ever. Make the trip to Cal Poly in St. Luis Obispo/Central California coast area. IMO it is the most beautiful area in the United States, and I've been to a lot of them around the country and can honestly say I love this area the best.
                            Head down to Moro Bay for some great seafood or hit Hearst Castle. And make sure you do one thing above all:
                            Get to the beach about a 1/2 hour before sunset with your wife/significant other, climb up on one of the rocks that practically make you feel like you're sitting in the Pacific and just enjoy...it's breath-taking to say the least.

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              If you have any chance what-so-ever. Make the trip to Cal Poly in St. Luis Obispo/Central California coast area. IMO it is the most beautiful area in the United States, and I've been to a lot of them around the country and can honestly say I love this area the best.
                              Head down to Moro Bay for some great seafood or hit Hearst Castle. And make sure you do one thing above all:
                              Get to the beach about a 1/2 hour before sunset with your wife/significant other, climb up on one of the rocks that practically make you feel like you're sitting in the Pacific and just enjoy...it's breath-taking to say the least.

Go Jacks!!
                              My wife and I and two other couples are planning on this trip this fall. Does SDSU have a trip planned? I checked air fare and it seems high. Plan on leaving from Omaha unless athletic dept has a trip scheduled and we can make that.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXvcuP3_M6Y

Video that Aaron Rollin did. Hopefully more are to come.
                                Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                                Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Working...
                                X