Uni game day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Uni game day

At least Sturgis can still make people chuckle with his zany pics!...lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      Minett - 18 carries for 137 yards (7.6 avg)
      Duffy - 4 carries for 18 yards (4.5 avg)
      Total - 22 carries for 155 yards (7.0 avg)

We were in this game the whole time, can anyone explain to me why we only run the ball 22 times and throw it 37 when we are averaging 7 yards per carry and have a struggling QB running the team?

I can understand not wanting to give Minett 30 carries a game, but we have other running backs don't we? Why not give Dom Clare a look and let him get some carries? Duffy averaged 4.5 yards a run, let him run it some more if you want to give Minett a break.

Run the dang ball!
      What he said x2. And for the record I believe we threw the ball over 40 times.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        it sucks to be 0-4 but im still going to all the home games even if they are 0- ?. i love football and i love the jacks. guess we are a little spoiled after making the playoffs last year but i thought there was a good chance we could be 1-3 right now. i thought we would be Ill St. a tough road schedule. this forum is sounding a lot like the bison forum and we make fun of them when they are losing. guess we know how theyve felt the last couple years.
        A little spoiled? I would like to be spoiled by this program every year. I'm proud of what Stig has done and I think one of my biggest issues is that the momentum our FB program has is being wasted by a team with too much talent to be 0-4. What do you think next weeks attendance will be at home? What do you think it would have been if we were 2-2 right now? I'm not interested in being 6-5 every year and I don't think Stig is either. I recall it was he who was quoted discussing the fear of success South Dakotan's have. Frustrated yes, giving up hope no. This team needs to figure out how to salvage a season and build for next year. It starts next week at home against WIU.

As for Bisonville, this forum will never be Bisonville.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
          A little spoiled? I would like to be spoiled by this program every year. I'm proud of what Stig has done and I think one of my biggest issues is that the momentum our FB program has is being wasted by a team with too much talent to be 0-4. What do you think next weeks attendance will be at home? What do you think it would have been if we were 2-2 right now? I'm not interested in being 6-5 every year and I don't think Stig is either. I recall it was he who was quoted discussing the fear of success South Dakotan's have. Frustrated yes, giving up hope no. This team needs to figure out how to salvage a season and build for next year. It starts next week at home against WIU.

As for Bisonville, this forum will never be Bisonville.

dont know what the attendance will be next week, i know i'll be there and at the rest of the home games. i guess we should forget about a new stadium now, huh?

Comment

When UNI had success running the ball, they stuck with it for multiple first downs.Did we make adjustments during a critical part of the game?
            UNI had more running threats than we had,though.We need two running threats from the backfield, not just one.Two running backs in the backfield (can also offer more pass protection for the QB on pass play's), or one running back & a QB that can run or pass well.(we don't have)
            Either that or we need a good running back with a good pass catching back in the backfield (Kool?) to keep a lot of the secondary misdirected away from the running play so that if Minett breaks thru the line,he might have an opportunity to bust a long run.We can have a pocket passer only if he gets protection & is extremely accurate.It helps to have receivers get open too,but a lot of that is the play calling correct routes from the huddle.

Comment

dont know what the attendance will be next week, i know i'll be there and at the rest of the home games. i guess we should forget about a new stadium now, huh?
              Obviously not, and I wasn't attacking but you have to admit accepting mediocrity isn't going to move this program where it should be. Everyone on this site is a passionate fan of SDSU athletics. We will all be engaged next week in person or by following the game online. The 0-4 start will set us back in capturing the imagination of those casual fans we were beginning to engage.

Comment

We're 0-4....UFFDA!

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Geeshus H MFin Chrissakes! 0-4 and we have to put the forum on suicide watch? No stadium?
                  Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we're rebuilding....alright...well..that happens! Still a lot of football to be played. Time to ruin some seasons and still try to make a winning season out of it. I still don't see a game that we can't win. This is still all up in the air. There are other 1-1 teams and 0-2 teams in the conference so $h!t is not out of the question....it's just a matter of getting some correct play calls in, stig may need to start putting more input into the play calling. Eidsness needs to get TOB's head in the game...TOB needs to get his head in the game. Minett should never ever display his desire to be a QB again.
                  I don't care if its only 8000 people in the stadium as long as it's the same rowdy 8000 rabid rabbits that were in Nebraska the other 4000 quiet MFers can stay home for all I care. Let's go BLUEEEEEE!
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I think everyone has been pretty nice on this game page. Just for the record, WE SHOULD NOT BE REBUILDING (Three Catrabbit), we should be reloading because we still should be bringing in better athletes and we should have more depth. With the way the offense has played ZERO pts in the first half all year, there is not a team on the schedule that can't beat us. Thank goodness Nebraska didn't watch much game film (45 minutes) or they would have run left all night just like Delaware, ill St and today UNI.

Thompson and Bowers need to let their balls drop, and make some plays on the right side of our D-line. Our offense is terrible. TOB is in his third year in the program and there are no excuses for the way he locks in on his receivers. The play calls are what they are, (agree or disagree) but he needs to make those throws. We run nothing over the middle, with the TE just running a sit route in the middle of the zone. 0-6 is a real possiblity going into Hobo Days, who would have ever thought that was possible, but hey we played Nebraksa tough right?

Comment

Might be some lower numbers for the upcoming game this weekend. pheasant opener and there is a 3 day weekend for the students

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                        I think everyone has been pretty nice on this game page. Just for the record, WE SHOULD NOT BE REBUILDING (Three Catrabbit), we should be reloading because we still should be bringing in better athletes and we should have more depth. With the way the offense has played ZERO pts in the first half all year, there is not a team on the schedule that can't beat us. Thank goodness Nebraska didn't watch much game film (45 minutes) or they would have run left all night just like Delaware, ill St and today UNI.

Thompson and Bowers need to let their balls drop, and make some plays on the right side of our D-line. Our offense is terrible. TOB is in his third year in the program and there are no excuses for the way he locks in on his receivers. The play calls are what they are, (agree or disagree) but he needs to make those throws. We run nothing over the middle, with the TE just running a sit route in the middle of the zone. 0-6 is a real possiblity going into Hobo Days, who would have ever thought that was possible, but hey we played Nebraksa tough right?
                        That's about as spot on as any post on this thread. Good point about the play calling. Kinda hard to look good as a play caller when the QB is throwing whiffle balls all over the place.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          That's about as spot on as any post on this thread. Good point about the play calling. Kinda hard to look good as a play caller when the QB is throwing whiffle balls all over the place.
                          You can question the play-calling when 37 pass plays are called when your QB is struggling and you are averaging 7 yards a carry with your Payton Award Candidate running back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                            You can question the play-calling when 37 pass plays are called when your QB is struggling and you are averaging 7 yards a carry with your Payton Award Candidate running back.
                            I don't disagree...but we haven't led this year, not for one frickin' second. It's tough to stay committed to the run when you trail all the time. Have we even scored in the 1st half this year?
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Have we even scored in the 1st half this year?
                              I believe that's a big, fat, ugly negative.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                I believe that's a big, fat, ugly negative.
                                Outscored 58-0 in the first half this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X