Clear All

• Re: Uni game day

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    is it a final?

24-14 is your final.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      So are the O'Brien lovers out there ready to admit that he is falling short of his potential by far yet?
      I just have to keep reminding myself that technically this is only his 6 full game...7th full game, 8th full game....9th, 10th, 11th, now this game at UNI is his 12th full game....basically equivalent to 1 full year.....I don't know if that means he should be further along or not...but with our lack of (experienced) depth at the QB position, there's not much we can do about it.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Team loss,coaching on down....let's have the coaches practice the heck out of these guys so at least we can eliminate the stupid penalty's we get every game so far. Play of the day.....shoot yourself in the foot,strong right

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          I still blame a lot on the play-calling and style of offense. He has not played that well, I will admit, but I don't think you can put the blame on him entirely.
          When you throw two INT's in the end zone thats a lot on him especially the throws that they were. And anyone who complains about not throwing to the tight end, its not like the coaches go, don't throw to him. Hes running routes just like anyone. TOB has a few favorite targets and you can tell he stares them down. Add to that when he has a little pressure added (and he had great protection all day and most of the season) he flinches on all his throws. In short, he can't take a hit well. So it throws off his throws under pressure. And when he doesn't have pressure, he isn't accurate. Sure maybe we don't run deep routes often, but if he isn't accurate on his short throws why would deep routes be any better? I.E. his last INT.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

how do the Jacks go from four qb's to none in a year

Comment

When you throw two INT's in the end zone thats a lot on him especially the throws that they were. And anyone who complains about not throwing to the tight end, its not like the coaches go, don't throw to him. Hes running routes just like anyone. TOB has a few favorite targets and you can tell he stares them down. Add to that when he has a little pressure added (and he had great protection all day and most of the season) he flinches on all his throws. In short, he can't take a hit well. So it throws off his throws under pressure. And when he doesn't have pressure, he isn't accurate. Sure maybe we don't run deep routes often, but if he isn't accurate on his short throws why would deep routes be any better? I.E. his last INT.
              He only threw one pick in the end zone. And the last INT, I don't think it is that bad considering we were in desperation mode and the DB made a great leaping play. The RB threw the other one in the end zone.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

it sucks to be 0-4 but im still going to all the home games even if they are 0- ?. i love football and i love the jacks. guess we are a little spoiled after making the playoffs last year but i thought there was a good chance we could be 1-3 right now. i thought we would be Ill St. a tough road schedule. this forum is sounding a lot like the bison forum and we make fun of them when they are losing. guess we know how theyve felt the last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  My thoughts too, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    He only threw one pick in the end zone. And the last INT, I don't think it is that bad considering we were in desperation mode and the DB made a great leaping play. The RB threw the other one in the end zone.
                    Its more than the INT's though, its the fact that he darn near NEVER hits the man in stride, or in the chest, the reciever always has to make a good catch cause its thrown too high, behind them, or too far.
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Its more than the INT's though, its the fact that he darn near NEVER hits the man in stride, or in the chest, the reciever always has to make a good catch cause its thrown too high, behind them, or too far.
                      I don't think he's incredible.

I just think our offensive "system" and "play-calling" is just as big of problem, if not bigger. It's freaking awful.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        Two transfer after the coaching staff chose a redshirt freshman to start. Looking back, putting TOB in last year may have been a mistake. He has the skills but lacks the confidence and head to play right now. The other issue I have after this game (and others, see Montana) is Meadows. Good grief. The play calling is terrible and something needs to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          it sucks to be 0-4 but im still going to all the home games even if they are 0- ?. i love football and i love the jacks. guess we are a little spoiled after making the playoffs last year but i thought there was a good chance we could be 1-3 right now. i thought we would be Ill St. a tough road schedule. this forum is sounding a lot like the bison forum and we make fun of them when they are losing. guess we know how theyve felt the last couple years.
                          I'm guilty,I get kinda negative, which doesn't really help,I'll try harder to stay positive.At 0-4, it's hard.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            I'm guilty,I get kinda negative, which doesn't really help,I'll try harder to stay positive.At 0-4, it's hard.
                            we all went from the excitement of last week in lincoln, even though we lost, to thinking we would win today. i sure thought so. i just think we need to stick with TOB for the season now. we are 0-4. why change now, its not going to get us to the playoffs. we'll have him two more years. i guess i still have confidence in his ability.

im a big notre dame fan, my college season is really sucking this year but i love saturdays whether my teams win or lose.

GO BEARS.

Comment

Comment

Minett - 18 carries for 137 yards (7.6 avg)
                                Duffy - 4 carries for 18 yards (4.5 avg)
                                Total - 22 carries for 155 yards (7.0 avg)

We were in this game the whole time, can anyone explain to me why we only run the ball 22 times and throw it 37 when we are averaging 7 yards per carry and have a struggling QB running the team?

I can understand not wanting to give Minett 30 carries a game, but we have other running backs don't we? Why not give Dom Clare a look and let him get some carries? Duffy averaged 4.5 yards a run, let him run it some more if you want to give Minett a break.

Run the dang ball!

Comment

Working...
                                X