No announcement yet.

Jimmy Rogers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of sad seeing the names of former posters that no longer share their thoughts on this board.

Comment

Congratulations Coach Rogers!

Comment

Press conference starting. Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/fGIm7LKXanc

Comment

What an amazing guy! Listening to him apologize for being emotional in the press conference shows just how genuine he is. We will see a different style from him than from Stig, both coaching and public relations, but it feels like the right move because he loves the people, place, and team. I am excited to see how he relates to the players being closer in age and experience.

Comment

I usually hate press conferences for new coaches because it’s overblown hype, excitement, etc. However, this one was far different. Real substance from a guy who has lived it as a player and a coach within the program. He gets what is special about SDSU and Stig. We had the best year ever but even better years ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
              Kind of sad seeing the names of former posters that no longer share their thoughts on this board.
              Hey I'm back! Noticed my post from 2010 on this thread. I read it thinking yeah, I agree with that guy. Then I look at the name and it's me! And it's from 2010! HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                Nidaros passed away. Possibly others have too.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post

Hey I'm back! Noticed my post from 2010 on this thread. I read it thinking yeah, I agree with that guy. Then I look at the name and it's me! And it's from 2010! HAHAHAHAHA
                  Haha! I had that happen one time a few years back. It's the best!!
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post

My guess is that you were drawn in to "that guys" thought process and logic to the extent you felt great admiration for "that guy". Am I right....hahahahaha

On a serious note, I really liked Nardios as a person of integrity and enjoyed it when he shared his vast knowledge of early SDSU and South Dakota generally . Really a sad day when we lost him.

Jimmy Rogers said he was under recruited, sure glad he ended up here at SDSU. A great person and soon to be, another great Coach we are blessed to have. Congrats Coach Rodgers.

Comment

Watched the Jimmy Rogers introductory news conference. Jimmy stated he knew a mediocre effort can win you a game and a magnificent effort can lose you a game. Anyone that watched the 2008 Hobo Day 3OT game against McNeese St knows exactly what he was getting at. He brings an attitude and stance different from Stigs, yet similar in the goal of building young men. With his authenticity, values and drive, it looks like the program will be ok.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Sam Herder interviewed Jimmy Rogers in one of his most recent podcasts, in case anyone's interested.

Comment

Another Jimmy Rogers interview covering topics ranging from his coaching perspective, roster composition, NIL & transfer portal, etc.
                          Last edited by jakejc795; 08-28-2023, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Rather eventful inaugural "Jimmy Rogers Radio Show" episode tonight. We learned Coach Lujan get engaged and Mark Gronowski was accepted into Engineering Master's program,

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              Rather eventful inaugural "Jimmy Rogers Radio Show" episode tonight. We learned Coach Lujan get engaged and Mark Gronowski was accepted into Engineering Master's program,
                              Hopefully that means that we see Mark for at least one more season after this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Hopefully that means that we see Mark for at least one more season after this one.
                                I wondered if that might be an implication.

Tyler's "reveal" was humorous in itself, as it had Gronowski a bit confused when Tyler asked him about news he had to share and then kidding him about whether there was additional news to share.

Comment

Working...
                                X