Intro Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro Video

How awful was that? The montage of plays was good, but the music choice was horrendous. Can we get some hip hop or an actual real rock song that makes people jump around and get excited? I don't actually like the band Saliva, but "Ladies and Gentlemen" (the song used the last 2 years) worked very well with the intro. Yesterday's song (no idea what it was) caused everyone to just stand there, including the players. So if whoever is the one in charge of that reads this, please switch the song back or pick a hip hop song that would get everyone going crazy. Thanks.

While we're on the subject of presentation: what was up with the 2 minute long video about Ill. State? I don't need to see that. Please get rid of it.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Re: Intro Video

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
    How awful was that? The montage of plays was good, but the music choice was horrendous. Can we get some hip hop or an actual real rock song that makes people jump around and get excited? I don't actually like the band Saliva, but "Ladies and Gentlemen" (the song used the last 2 years) worked very well with the intro. Yesterday's song (no idea what it was) caused everyone to just stand there, including the players. So if whoever is the one in charge of that reads this, please switch the song back or pick a hip hop song that would get everyone going crazy. Thanks.

While we're on the subject of presentation: what was up with the 2 minute long video about Ill. State? I don't need to see that. Please get rid of it.
    Agree the whole intro from the music choice to players running onto the field was awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

I agree. The Illinois State video could have been OK had it been 30 seconds instead of 2 minutes. The rabbit thing was also too long. And there were numerous times when there was dead air for 30 seconds. They used to script that thing down literally to the second.

One last gripe: Maybe I just didn't get there in time... but did the band march down from the PAC? I always liked hearing the cadence and seeing the band march in. Maybe they just haven't put that in their program yet.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Bring back Ozzie.

Comment

The Argus article said the team had real energy before the game in the lockerroom. Well, any of that energy was zapped by that lame video montage. Get rid of it. Gong the bells, cue the band, and let's rock. That's all that's needed.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
            Bring back Ozzie.
            Agreed. IMHO Muse (the band on the intro) sucks. When I first heard "Let Me Hear You Scream" by Ozzie I told my wife I thought that it would be the intro song for this year. Here is the chorus:
            Let me hear you scream like you want it!
            Let me hear you yell like you mean it!
            If you gotta, GO DOWN!
            GO LOUD!
            GO STRONG!
            GO PROUD!
            GO ON!
            GO HARD OR GO HOME!
            Let me hear you! (let me hear you!)
            Let me hear you! (let me hear you!)
            Let me hear you scream!

To me that is what we want out of our fans and our team.

Comment

I agree. Old or new, a different intro song is in order.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                I agree. The Illinois State video could have been OK had it been 30 seconds instead of 2 minutes. The rabbit thing was also too long. And there were numerous times when there was dead air for 30 seconds. They used to script that thing down literally to the second.

One last gripe: Maybe I just didn't get there in time... but did the band march down from the PAC? I always liked hearing the cadence and seeing the band march in. Maybe they just haven't put that in their program yet.
                Speaking of the band, last year they were up and playing all game long in between plays, it was cool. I don't remember them doing much of anything in the stands on Saturday. Seems like we took a step backward

Comment

With new Dykhouse Center entrance and a different band director, things no doubt have changed. Looks like someone did not spend the summer planning all these things that should go with a smooth opening game and hardly did they have some of the poster's likes and dislikes in mind.

I come to watch the football game which had a disappointing ending. The band, the scoreboard, and all the other stuff are secondary. If we had won the game, I wonder how many would have given a rip about the introvideo. Either way I do not really care that much about the secondary stuff.

Comment

Same here, I hate listening to the radio and commercials before the game. Why not play those while the players warm up and then allow the band to march in the whole way. It would build up more excitement then coke commercials. WE have a great marching band, but before the game they had to stand around the field. If they are in the stands they could be playing. I only heard the band I think 2 times during the game. That has bugged me for years. We should have quick 10 second pieces to be playing between plays and during the drives.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The Band did NOT march from the PAC. I think that's a must. When I played that was always a great aspect to what they did. They were on the field though before the game, so maybe that was a deciding factor.

Something does need to be done about the team entrance onto the field. There needs to be a tunnel from the Dykhouse (maybe some smoke as well) just so the team is not just congregating in a mass then running onto the field.

Game 1 with new aspects. The kinks will get worked out.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        With new Dykhouse Center entrance and a different band director, things no doubt have changed. Looks like someone did not spend the summer planning all these things that should go with a smooth opening game and hardly did they have some of the poster's likes and dislikes in mind.

I come to watch the football game which had a disappointing ending. The band, the scoreboard, and all the other stuff are secondary. If we had won the game, I wonder how many would have given a rip about the introvideo. Either way I do not really care that much about the secondary stuff.
                        It is secondary, but its still crucial to create an environment for the game. If they are not on cue, it takes a way from the feel to many.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

I would argue that all of this DOES matter a great deal. Sure, it's a football game, but if it's true as Stig says that the energy of the crowd makes a big difference to the players, shouldn't the goal of the pre-game be to boost the crowd's energy? That didn't happen Saturday. The pre-game killed the energy in the place.

Let's review:

Illinois State video: Too long
                          Rabbit intro: Way, way too long. And too cheesy.
                          Band: Didn't march from the PAC and what was that weird fanfare version of the fight song? Nobody knew what to do with that.
                          Video: Nothing. No reaction from the crowd at all. That has NOT been the case in past years.
                          Long pauses: There was no flow to the entire pregame I counted at least 5 30-second pauses in the final 20 minutes, and one that was almost 90 seconds. That's valuable airtime there being wasted.
                          Team standing on field: Again... that doesn't do anything for the crowd. They're already out there.

Event management is an art. You can't just throw away five years of the scripts and start over. Things need to be eased into the routine. If you have a good thing, tinker, don't overhaul. That's event management 101.

Seriously, did ANY of that stuff work?
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the intro video?
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Let's review:

Illinois State video: Too long
                              Rabbit intro: Way, way too long. And too cheesy.
                              Band: Didn't march from the PAC and what was that weird fanfare version of the fight song? Nobody knew what to do with that.
                              Video: Nothing. No reaction from the crowd at all. That has NOT been the case in past years.
                              Long pauses: There was no flow to the entire pregame I counted at least 5 30-second pauses in the final 20 minutes, and one that was almost 90 seconds. That's valuable airtime there being wasted.
                              Team standing on field: Again... that doesn't do anything for the crowd. They're already out there.

Event management is an art. You can't just throw away five years of the scripts and start over. Things need to be eased into the routine. If you have a good thing, tinker, don't overhaul. That's event management 101.

Seriously, did ANY of that stuff work?
                              It didn't work for me. Keep it simple. Intro video, band marches in, team enters and warms up, National Anthem, coin flip and handshake, kick the damn ball and play.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X