Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska vs SDSU

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
    Disagree.. On the TD that was called back by an illegal motion penalty by Tyrel, Minett went into the end zone standing up off the left side of the line!
    He went in standing up but then got tackled about a yard into the end zone. In the above photo you can see the side judge signaling 'touchdown'...that never happened on the 'break the plane' play...no signal was ever given. If you need further proof, check out the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNwpv54KvnY

Go to about the :50 second mark of the video.

FWIW, why in the heck did we not ask for a 'review' on the 'break the plane' play?
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Yup - you're right - I'm an idiot.. haha! Sorry.

Either way - we got completey SCREWED that series...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
        Yup - you're right - I'm an idiot.. haha! Sorry.

Either way - we got completey SCREWED that series...
        We got screwed all game.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          He went in standing up but then got tackled about a yard into the end zone. In the above photo you can see the side judge signaling 'touchdown'...that never happened on the 'break the plane' play...no signal was ever given. If you need further proof, check out the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNwpv54KvnY

Go to about the :50 second mark of the video.

FWIW, why in the heck did we not ask for a 'review' on the 'break the plane' play?
          Didn't it get reviewed?

Comment

The above referenced photo of Minett is from the TD that got called back because of penalty, not the one in question about breaking the plane.
            I thought that might have been the case.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              Didn't it get reviewed?

I heard down on sidelines they wre having problems with the review booth at start of game.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                I heard down on sidelines they wre having problems with the review booth at start of game.
                The referee said they were having "technical difficulties" and couldn't review it and therefore we were not charged a timeout. This, coupled with the bad clipping call is what made me feel like we were cheated. I didn't even get to take a picture of a 7-0 SDSU lead!
                Those 2 calls, or lack thereof, is the only thing that tainted my Lincoln experience. Oh what could have been........

Comment

Their athletic budget is what?

Their stadium seats how many?

And they couldn't get the replay booth to work?

Comment

The call of the block below the waist on the video is really suspect. A ref needs to have better judgement than that. It appeared to be two guys having incidental contact. Whatever. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Great that the team played better. Just hope they can carry that over to next week.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                      Great that the team played better. Just hope they can carry that over to next week.
                      I'm with you on that. It takes awhile to get going.

Comment

After reading TV blog this morning:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

It would appear that Coach Eidness and Meadows kept a pretty tight lesh on TOB and what he threw during the game. After being at the Difference Makers meeting, I came away with a feeling that TOB would probably break the school record for picks in one game. He threw rather conservatively and for a good reason. Nebraska had very good pass coverage. Let keep TOB around, he apparently is a very coachable kid, who needs some time to develope good decision making.

Comment

After reading through some of the comments regarding the playcalling and not playing to win I just wanted to through in my 2 cents.

I actually thought the playcalling was pretty good for the most part. We knew a few things going in....

1) We needed ball control because with their play makers, the more they were on the field eventually they were going to break a long one....even though were we shutting them down it wouldn't happen forever.

2) We needed ball control because we don't have their depth and we couldn't afford to have our defense on the field that long.

3) Nebraska's defense basically runs a 4 man front, 1 linebacker and 6 db's. All we had to do was get passed the line of scrimmage on the run and we were going to pick up a few yards. That is why their linebacker, David ended up with 19 tackles. Their secondary had 8 interceptions and 3 touchdowns during the first 3 games, we wanted TOB passing why?

If I looked at the scoreboard correctly, at the 5 minute mark in the 3rd the time of possession was 25 minutes SDSU and 15 minutes Nebraska....that is why we were in the game.

My only questioning of the playcalling was why we went into shotgun or wildcat at 4th and 1 at the goalline. their defense is way too quick to snap the ball 5 yards back and expect to get in. Either a TOB sneak or Minett and if they stop us then so be it.

Otherwise great job Jacks....the "Lets go Rabbits" cheer was awesome ....Nebraska fans just let it happen the first time. That never happens at Memorial Stadium, I'll remember that for a long time to come.

We played with a lot of heart and intensity.

I know people say there is no such thing as a morale victory.....screw that...the team that walked out of that stadium is far more confident than the team that walked in.

Comment

Ball control was *absolutely* the way to play the Huskers and Stig and Meadows did everyone else on Nebraska's schedule a *huge* favor by demonstrating that.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                              My only questioning of the playcalling was why we went into shotgun or wildcat at 4th and 1 at the goalline. their defense is way too quick to snap the ball 5 yards back and expect to get in. Either a TOB sneak or Minett and if they stop us then so be it.
                              I'm with you 100%. Wildcat has no chance on the goaline, especially against UNL. We had 2nd & Goal from right around the 1 yd line....I'm going with QB sneaks until we get in.

Comment

I'm with you 100%. Wildcat has no chance on the goaline, especially against UNL. We had 2nd & Goal from right around the 1 yd line....I'm going with QB sneaks until we get in.
                                When you speak of wildcat plays are you speaking of flash plays where TOB goes to the sideline and Minnett hikes the ball out of the shotgun and either passes or runs? If so I would agree those plays seem to work further out than in a goal line stand. They really seem to work as it has kind of a surprise element too it. I was watching a re-run of the Illinois state game Friday night and Minnett got a very nice run out of this type play.

Comment

Working...
                                X