Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska vs SDSU

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    It would be good to see the video on Domino's interception. What I would question was what impact did Mink's illegal block have on Domino's run into the endzone. Was it close by or did it affect a tackler who would have been able to stop Domino from scoring? If Mink's contact with this individual was 30 or 40 yards away, it should not have been called but then I am not a ref nor pretend to be one.
    Have not seen the play in question,but a penalty will almost always be called regardless of it's effect on the outcome of the play.

Comment

Not sure If I am doing this right but here are a few shots from the game.

Comment

The touchdown that wasn't (well maybe it was)

A few crowd shots...

the guys getting ready to take the field at half time...

the rest will all be posted at spotted (www.yankton.net)... all 1100 plus of them. (I think I over shot)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Who knows last night might have been an off night for Taylor.
          Was the tongue firmly planted in cheek there Nidaros?
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Great photo of Minett's not a td. Looks like one to me.

Fox College Sports highlights of Neb SDSU shows Dominos IT

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/colle...otball/stories

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
              The touchdown that wasn't (well maybe it was)

A few crowd shots...

the guys getting ready to take the field at half time...

the rest will all be posted at spotted (www.yankton.net)... all 1100 plus of them. (I think I over shot)
              First time I've seen the photo of Minnett's "touchdown" that looks pretty clear to me. It doesn't even look like his knee is down

Comment

In the replay you can see Mink #52 kind of trip and the Nebraska guy running into him, not a block, its at about the 37 second point of the video.

Comment

the whole series of photos from the three touchdowns that weren't is on page 6-9 on spotted.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Have not seen the play in question,but a penalty will almost always be called regardless of it's effect on the outcome of the play.
                    I tend to agree, and who is not so say that this rule has not worked our favor a time or two.
                    I am willing to bet it has.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                      During the press conference Coach made it seem that they made the move just for this game to handle Nebraska's D alignment but I hope they end up keeping it.
                      We've always heard that Will Castle was a good player so I'm glad they found a way to get him on the field. Does anybody know who was playing the LG tonight? Was it Ludemann?
                      Witzman, McKight, Castle, Buchner, and Fick were the effective line last night. Parker came in every third series at RG but had an obvious holding call, 2 INTS, and the rest 3 and outs.

Comment

I know there is no such thing as a moral victory but the Jacks are to be congratulated on their fine play against a tough opponent. If not for some disputable calls you could have won the game. Anyhow from the game pictures the atmosphere and hoopla surrounding the game was worth the price of admission. The closest we come to it is when we play Navy in front of 42000 fans and the Midshipman walk into the stadium. It is enough to raise the hair on the back of your neck. I knew that the Jacks would bounce back and acquit themselves well. You guys are a class act so now go slay some Panthers

Comment

That game was an great experience. I've been to Memorial Stadium several times and last nights game was amazing...for this Jacks fan. The Husker Power cheers, Go Big Red chants, and the Tunnel Walk always get me going, but in the third quarter or so, the only chant you could hear was Let's Go Rabbits! It sent chills up my spine. The normal visiting crowd gets drown out by the home crowd, but not last night. WOW. Husker fans kept coming up a commenting what a hard-nosed team we had and wished us luck the rest of the way. Great game Jacks and great game experience Jacks fans.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            That game was an great experience. I've been to Memorial Stadium several times and last nights game was amazing...for this Jacks fan. The Husker Power cheers, Go Big Red chants, and the Tunnel Walk always get me going, but in the third quarter or so, the only chant you could hear was Let's Go Rabbits! It sent chills up my spine. The normal visiting crowd gets drown out by the home crowd, but not last night. WOW. Husker fans kept coming up a commenting what a hard-nosed team we had and wished us luck the rest of the way. Great game Jacks and great game experience Jacks fans.
                            Amen Even though we came out on the short end of the stick it was still Jackrabbit football. It was a great atmosphere to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              First time I've seen the photo of Minnett's "touchdown" that looks pretty clear to me. It doesn't even look like his knee is down
                              The above referenced photo of Minett is from the TD that got called back because of penalty, not the one in question about breaking the plane.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                The above referenced photo of Minett is from the TD that got called back because of penalty, not the one in question about breaking the plane.
                                Disagree.. On the TD that was called back by an illegal motion penalty by Tyrel, Minett went into the end zone standing up off the left side of the line!

Comment

Working...
                                X