Nebraska vs SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska vs SDSU

Didn't see any of this game, but I am impressed with the final score. Not too bad SDSU.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

No surprise, the zebras were not Jacks fans.

Really got toasted on the both TD opportunities.

Derek Domino did one H##L of a 65 yd interception return for a TD that bot called back because another Jack stubbed toe on turf and tumbled, hitting a Husker below waist as tumbled to ground.

Jacks played toe-to-toe with Nebraska. No reason that this two TD loss is all that bad.

Comment

Wanted to congratulate you guys on a very well played game. Your defensive schemes were great and your running back was a stud. Good luck the rest of the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          On another note, I stopped reading the argus live blog at about an hour in.

It went south IN A HURRY. What a trash filled blog.
          Aren't most blogs electronic circular files?
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by master_rabbit View Post
            anyone know of a link where we could listen to both coache's post-game press conferences? would be interesting to hear both perspectives
            Huskers.com has Pelini's video up and transcripts of both his comments and that of "SDSU coach"

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Comment

On my way back from the game (wife is driving!) and I am eating crow. I predicted a mauling. Not so fast my friend! Row 91 Section 20 was awesome tonight. What a roller coaster ride though. From hugging strangers over a touchdown to watching the zebras take it away. I obviously didn't have the benefit of replay, but I felt cheated and robbed leaving the stadium tonight. Maybe I will be better in the morning.I am so proud that I refuse to say anything negative about our team in this game. It is a great night to be a Jackrabbit! Way to go boys and way to make noise Jacks fans! Several huskers commented on our noise level. They heard us!

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                Huskers.com has Pelini's video up and transcripts of both his comments and that of "SDSU coach"

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...&DB_OEM_ID=100

thanks for the link. from the looks of things, the nebraska player's gave a lot of credit to our guys and outplaying and outhustling them. its nice to see that. our guys were disappointed with the outcome, which is too be expected. i know they dont believe in moral victories, but if they play with this same intensity the rest of the season and with the way the other teams in the league have started..maybe a 7-4 record isnt a reach.

Comment

My theory:

I hate these guarantee games.

Wait. That's an opinion.

Theory:

If SDSU had played this well in the first two games of the season, they would probably have lost by a greater margin tonight. I think one of the biggest advantages SDSU had tonight was the abysmal quality of play in the previous two games.

Think about it: How tough does SDSU look, based on the film from the first two games? They came out and popped the Huskers on the nose because the Huskers didn't expect the quality of play the Jacks are capable of.

Hopefully this game was an eye-opener for the Jacks defense---a reminder of what they're capable of. Think about it. The Huskers scored fewer points and accumulated fewer yards of offense than Delaware and Illinois State.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    My theory:

I hate these guarantee games.

Wait. That's an opinion.

Theory:

If SDSU had played this well in the first two games of the season, they would probably have lost by a greater margin tonight. I think one of the biggest advantages SDSU had tonight was the abysmal quality of play in the previous two games.

Think about it: How tough does SDSU look, based on the film from the first two games? They came out and popped the Huskers on the nose because the Huskers didn't expect the quality of play the Jacks are capable of.

Hopefully this game was an eye-opener for the Jacks defense---a reminder of what they're capable of. Think about it. The Huskers scored fewer points and accumulated fewer yards of offense than Delaware and Illinois State.
                    mix that with how nebraska just flat blew out a washington team, we might have felt we could over look you and roll you, thankfully we beat you, but much to close for comfort.

Comment

[QUOTE=Several huskers commented on our noise level. They heard us![/QUOTE]

Had the game on WNAX and heard chants of " LET'S GO RAB BITS" in an otherwise quiet stadium. Jacks fans obvioulsy made a LOT of noise!!!

Comment

Originally posted by master_rabbit View Post
                        thanks for the link. from the looks of things, the nebraska player's gave a lot of credit to our guys and outplaying and outhustling them. its nice to see that. our guys were disappointed with the outcome, which is too be expected. i know they dont believe in moral victories, but if they play with this same intensity the rest of the season and with the way the other teams in the league have started..maybe a 7-4 record isnt a reach.
                        It was a great atmosphere and our team responded. Our fans were awesome and so were the Nebraska fans. We honestly deserved a better fate. As I look at the rest of the Missouri Valley this schedule will not get any easier and I think we all knew that. Our defense last night was incredible and looked the way we thought thought they would look before the season started. Hopefully we can carry the same intensity into Northern Iowa. Our offense is improving.

Comment

Great showing vs one of the very best teams in the nation, hope this bodes well for the rest of your season. Good luck, hope you kick ass in the MVC.

Comment

You haters today need to go away or get real. That was the #6 team in the nation!
                            Last week a potential #1 overall draft pick went 4 for 20 with 2 or 3 picks against that D TOB went 12 for 28 with 2 picks in late situations where he was forcing it in. In 3 games this season Nebraska had 6 100 yard rushers. After 4 games they still have 6 100 yard rushers.

I am bummed they lost but I am proud as hell of that team! No moral victories but they showed us they are much more than we thought going in. 6-2 wins this conference no doubt and likely 5-3 might work to a 3 way split. There is a lot of football left to be played. Anybody think that's impossible? I sure don't.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by HardCoreHen View Post
                              Great showing vs one of the very best teams in the nation, hope this bodes well for the rest of your season. Good luck, hope you kick ass in the MVC.
                              We still have to get more productive on offense. Our QB is missing receivers but Minnett has stepped up his game again.

Comment

Maybe some of the posters here who know more than I do about football could talk a little bit about the changes on the O-line. Seems to me that unit played a whole lot better yesterday with McKnight at guard and Will Castle at center. Thoughts?
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X