Nebraska vs SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska vs SDSU

Well I know I said I'd be happy if the Jacks kept it within 28, but that was disappointing.

Just like at U of M, ANOTHER big game where we couldn't execute when it mattered. MAN, those were some killer penalties.

Should've been 17-17 and in OT. Woulda coulda shoulda. We didn't get it done.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      Checked the stats. Looks like a defensive battle. 14 total punts. Highlight is Minnet led all rushers with 112 yds. I understand we had a TD waved off.
      2 td's called back by penalties.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
        TOB has certainly not been impressive this year. May be time to take a look around.
        I disagree. I think he played pretty well tonight. The team is gaining confidence and so is TOB. Jacks are just 0-1 in conference this season has a long ways to go and I think the Jacks will be a much better team after this game.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          One that had two td's called back on ??? penalties and a third discounted on a replay that showed a score. Oh if only the gods in stripes favored the Rabbits for once.
          Amen Exactly, the radio broadcast came back and said on minnet's second attempt that he was CLEARLY in the endzone, but that the replay booth was having 'technical dificulties'... well regardless I am damn proud of what the jacks pulled off today. wouldnt mind seeing a rematch either
          GO BIG,GO BLUE, GO JACKS!

Comment

Jacks offense didn't play "to win" they played "not to lose". Only losing to Nebraska by 14 is good but they had chances and good teams don't take moral victories. Meadows has got to go

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              TOB has certainly not been impressive this year. May be time to take a look around.
              Did you hear that? That was me laughing out loud after reading your comment.

We went the distance with Nebraska. Moral victories mean nothing. But this could be the performance that gets us some kind of momentum or confidence for the rest of the year. I guess we'll see next week. Go Jacks!

Comment

When you look at the conference records the top picks are pretty much falling flat this year. Jacks are in it at 0-1 and it's their's to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  When you look at the conference records the top picks are pretty much falling flat this year. Jacks are in it at 0-1 and it's their's to lose.
                  Especially since YSU beat SIU.

Comment

another great comment off the radio that needs to be taken into consideration, this league is quote 'topsy turvy' as the top seeded teams are starting poorly while some of the lower tiered teams have stepped up their game... this is leaving the jacks still within striking distance to make a run at the playoffs. It has to start next week with UNI.
                    GO BIG,GO BLUE, GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Especially since YSU beat SIU.
                      If ISU-red beats MSU their on top the conf at 2-0. Looks like OT for those two.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Watched on PPV. Minett was definitely in the end zone on that third down (Nebraska's PPV announcers thought so, too). Stig mentioned that the "clip" on Domino's TD was one of their players tripping over Andy Mink as he tried to get up off the ground.

Hate to lose, but I would think that game should give the Jacks some confidence going into UNI. Win that one, and we're back on track. It's not an easy road, but if we play as well on defense every week as we did tonight, we'll have a shot.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

UNI lost to the 'Clones 27-0. State should be able to take them.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

anyone know of a link where we could listen to both coache's post-game press conferences? would be interesting to hear both perspectives

Comment

The refs sure didn't help the team but it was a very good game for SDSU (and probably not the greatest game Nebraska played). Kyle got in the end zone at least twice if not 3 times the first quarter. Nice interception FOR A TOUCHDOWN by Domino. The team is finally getting some of the problems worked out. Defense gave up some big plays and missed some tackles but they looked a lot better tonight than they did the first 2 games.
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

On another note, I stopped reading the argus live blog at about an hour in.

It went south IN A HURRY. What a trash filled blog.

Comment

Working...
                                X