X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Illinois State

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Per Terry V:

Ill St starting QB may not play due to concussion.
    It also states SDSU LB Dirk Kool may be out up to 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Per Terry V:

Ill St starting QB may not play due to concussion.
      He's good, but the backup (former starter) is pretty good, too.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        He's good, but the backup (former starter) is pretty good, too.
        I would hope our offense will be ready as this is an opportunity for a real break out. When a a D2 teams scores 54 points on you, then there something wrong with the defense. I surprised Northwestern did nor ring more up on them last Saturday, but I suspect Northwestern possibly emptied their bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I would hope our offense will be ready as this is an opportunity for a real break out. When a a D2 teams scores 54 points on you, then there something wrong with the defense. I surprised Northwestern did nor ring more up on them last Saturday, but I suspect Northwestern possibly emptied their bench.
          Northwestern had 30 at the half...
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Northwestern had 30 at the half...
            Thanks, it documents a weak defense of ISU.

Comment

It could be a bad defense or it could have been a bad day of football. We, as Jackrabbit fans, all know how that goes.

I am not concerned with the opposition's starting QB or how strong their defense may or may not be. When it comes down to it this team shouldn't care about who they are playing. They should have the mentality that as long as they take care of the ball that they will beat anyone they step on the field with.

If they decide to throw 2 horrible picks in the first quarter and let the opposition get some momentum it makes for a long day.

Do your job without maiking stupid decisions and the Jackrabbits should beat anyone.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                It could be a bad defense or it could have been a bad day of football. We, as Jackrabbit fans, all know how that goes.

I am not concerned with the opposition's starting QB or how strong their defense may or may not be. When it comes down to it this team shouldn't care about who they are playing. They should have the mentality that as long as they take care of the ball that they will beat anyone they step on the field with.

If they decide to throw 2 horrible picks in the first quarter and let the opposition get some momentum it makes for a long day.

Do your job without maiking stupid decisions and the Jackrabbits should beat anyone.
                I hope that is the case. As I said in the other thread, Priddy punted extremely well against UD. Tyrel Kool had a bit of a "breakout" game at receiver. Everything else was horrible. I hope that is a reflection of early season jitters, lack of a clear game plan/coaching, and the skill of the opposition. I don't think anyone knows for sure that we have more talent than our opponent.

Regardless, Saturday's game will require focus and intensity from everyone associated with the program. Anything short of a great performance, regardless of the outcome of the game, shouldn't be acceptable. I'm expecting that we'll be talking a lot less about the UD game come Sunday morning.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I talked to a couple more players this morning. They said the team has shaken off the UD loss (they didn't say that on Tuesday).

They mentioned that they work a lot with Jimmy Rogers. I asked him how that was (knowing the answer). They talked about how intense and intimidating Jimmy is as a GA.

It got me thinking how we need somebody like Jimmy Rogers out there to fire everybody up. I know there are outstanding leaders on the team, but Jimmy was something special. You lose a lot of intangibles when guys like him graduate.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    I talked to a couple more players this morning. They said the team has shaken off the UD loss (they didn't say that on Tuesday).

They mentioned that they work a lot with Jimmy Rogers. I asked him how that was (knowing the answer). They talked about how intense and intimidating Jimmy is as a GA.

It got me thinking how we need somebody like Jimmy Rogers out there to fire everybody up. I know there are outstanding leaders on the team, but Jimmy was something special. You lose a lot of intangibles when guys like him graduate.
                    Yeah, as talented as our linebacking corps is right now, it's still inexperienced. People sometimes forget that we lost 3 absolute studs in Johnson, Jackson, and Rogers. Three guys who played in the backfield for 3 seasons, you can't just replace that experience all at once, it's going to take a little time.

I do think we have the talent on the team to replace them, just need to get the new guys up to game speed so the mental ability can match the physical ability.

Comment

Players of the Week for Week 1

Offense - SO WR Tyrel Kool & SR C Ryan McKnight
                      Defense - SR DT Brian Fischer
                      ST - SR P Dean Priddy, SR DT Ross Basham, RFR WR Brandon Hubert

Scout O - FR RB Zach Zenner
                      Scout D - RFR LB Taylor Gibson
                      Scout ST - RFR DB Travis Lindstrom
                      http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Must win for the Jackrabbits. I hate to say it but I do believe it's true.

Everyone get to CAS tomorrow night and give them the home-field advantage they deserve. This team has hasn't played at CAS since the SIU debacle last season...we need to get some positive MOJO going!!

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Time to spin it to the positive!!!!!!
                          Too close to game time for armchair coaches. It's our job(dare I say honor?) to get to the Jacks game tomorrow. Get off our a$%es and cheer! I for one am tired of the one loss and it's over mentality, that's being shown around here! It's TV's job to point it out and we take it any way we want. But in the end if the crowd shows up flat tomorrow, good chance the team won't respond! We've been able to save our vocal chords for a year, now time to get there, then show up to work Monday with an inability to speak because we screamed ourselves hoarse! We need to go 1-0! CAS is still OUR HOUSE!!!!! LET's GO RABBITS!!!!!! GET MEAN!!!!
                          (shocking thing is my wife was the cheerleader)
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            Time to spin it to the positive!!!!!!
                            Too close to game time for armchair coaches. It's our job(dare I say honor?) to get to the Jacks game tomorrow. Get off our a$%es and cheer! I for one am tired of the one loss and it's over mentality, that's being shown around here! It's TV's job to point it out and we take it any way we want. But in the end if the crowd shows up flat tomorrow, good chance the team won't respond! We've been able to save our vocal chords for a year, now time to get there, then show up to work Monday with an inability to speak because we screamed ourselves hoarse! We need to go 1-0! CAS is still OUR HOUSE!!!!! LET's GO RABBITS!!!!!! GET MEAN!!!!
                            (shocking thing is my wife was the cheerleader)
                            Yup. Win your home games. Win at ISU-Blue, and win one of the three tough road games and we're 7-4 and in the playoffs. Perform better in those road contests, and we're 8-3 or even 9-2. Coach Stig's teams always get better as the year goes on. I expect a good turnout and a good performance tomorrow.

SDSU 31
                            ISU-Red 14

Attendance prediction: 13,119
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

While I won't be at the game, my tix will get some friends there.

I look forward to sharing game updates on AnyGivenSaturday.com

Jacks need to show the meaness that took them to the play-offs last season. This should be the most challenging opponent that the Jacks play at home.

Comment

I disagree, Its never must win until your are either one game out of finishing in the race for confrence or playoffs. Its a big game for sure, all home games need to be wins. Its truly important but it is not fair to say our season is defined after a tough 1st game loss of the year and that the second game is must win to prove anything. I don't buy it.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X