Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Illinois State

I have my press credentials... going to be a little odd watching the game from the press box.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Should have a good size crew from Yankton in Brookings this Saturday. I've got to work that morning and Sunday as well but I will get up there for the game. Weather looks reasonable.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 63.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
        Remember the shots they used to take DOWN field to #1, JaRon Harris?
        Yes...but we had JaRon Harris
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
          I think I have stated this before- safeties need to be threatened.. We have a couple of guys that can do this.. Hope the coaches can figure it out and soon.
          Me too...I thought maybe this would be the year that Brandon Gant was the 'deep' guy, but he has completely fallen off the depth chart since a promising freshman year.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

A few thoughts from a very unintelligent man (me).......

1) We lost to Delaware, a very good team, now 11-1 against very good MVC teams. I'm not sure any team from the MVC would have beat UD in Newark. We should have played a better game, but it's not a catastrophic loss.

2) This game against ISU is a "must win", with our difficult schedule we can't start 0-2this year, and we can't lose at home.

3) Attendance will not suffer because of this loss, no one outside of the "educated" fan even understands. Casual fans will show up to see the first home games, and the "eduacated" fans will show up to see a good game. I expect around 13K to 14K.

4) and perhaps the most contreversial: We have lost a lot of games in the Coach Stig era that make you think the team is under prepared and incapable of competing at this level; yet, we have recovered. We need to win seven games, and we will make the playoffs.

Let's see what happens Saturday.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Written with some intelligence, you may be sandbagging
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                Just a reminder that the Meat Science Club will again be selling smoked sausages at all home football games in the SE Corner of the stadium. We just ground, stuffed and smoked the sausages for this Saturday's game this morning. We will be featuring Smoked, Cheddar, Award Winning Jalapeno Chedder, and Philly Cheesesteak.

Comment

Go Meat!
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

the Meat Science Club
                    Wait. SDSU is an ag school? When did this happen?

Comment

2/21/1881, Dakota Territory Legislature got together and well you know the rest.

Comment

Just a reminder that the Meat Science Club will again be selling smoked sausages at all home football games in the SE Corner of the stadium. We just ground, stuffed and smoked the sausages for this Saturday's game this morning. We will be featuring Smoked, Cheddar, Award Winning Jalapeno Chedder, and Philly Cheesesteak. Come support a university club and quality SDSU products.

The game now, I think we win by 2 TDs at home against a reeling Illinois Team. 31-17. Go Jacks!
                        Um.... I have a great slogan for you guys. But it's a little risque. Should I say it?
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Well, it starts with "Nobody beats..." LOL
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Thank God for Ag Schools like SDSU!

http://www.spike.com/video/how-much-beef-jerky/3067783
                            My uncle graduated from SDSU in '68. Has been a plant manager for a few different processors. Apparently the meat processing industry is like some gigantic SDSU alumni association.

BTW: Never really like beef jerky.

BTW2: It's stuff like this that makes SDSU so much more interesting than an oversized teacher's school (yes, I'm looking at *you* Illinois State)

Comment

Per Terry V:

Ill St starting QB may not play due to concussion.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                Spoke to a couple of players today. They said the team is angry and embarrassed and ready to play Jackrabbit football. I think we'll see some of those young players show a lot more confidence this week with 13,000 or 14,000 fans backing them up.
                                Maybe before the game Stig will get the team jacked up by cranking a little "Holy Diver"...Ride the Tiger!....in the lockerroom.

But that may be stretch (sarcasm)......

Comment

Working...
                                X