Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp Thread

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post

Something about blogs, twitter and video irked my sports editor at the Register.
    PFFTT. Once again proves what little value the Brookings Register holds to me.

God forbid we get decent coverage of SDSU athletics by the home town paper.

Man the Register is worthless.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Yes, I had forgotten that Conrad was just elected a Captain. There is no question you take him over any of the strap hangers on the charter. It only gets questionable for me if he takes a seat from someone that can play that Saturday - and then given he is a Captain, I am not sure I wouldn't take him. The coaches know the pulse of the team and will make the right decision.

Does anyone know if injured players count against the travelling cap?

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
        I'm guessing that some alumni, certain dignitaries, and sportswriters are flying on that charter too. Can someone who knows, verify that? I don't know who flies on the charter.

Conrad is a captain; no question he would and deserves to go in lieu of one of the dignitaries. He has earned that right. Kick out the dignitary.

A player that is on the travel squad, regardless of year of eligibility, has earned that right also.

Stig knows what he is doing; he would do the best for the team.
        parents of players can also go on the charter until the quota is filled. I believe it is quite expensive

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
          That's a tough question 5533. But I would say no if he does not have any chance of playing. Do you set the precedence that injured seniors get to travel.....or only players that have so many starts......where does it begin/end? What if you had 9 seniors that were hurt? It sucks - but there are travelling limitations and you do what is right for the team. I think our guys expect that. Now, if there is a way to do it without him (or any other senior) counting against our travelling healthy player cap - of course you take them.
          When it comes to the travel roster, if you're name is on it you travel. If it isn't, you support your team and do what you can to help them win. You don't whine and complain about precedent or any of that crap. That goes for the 5th year senior or the walk-on freshman.

Comment

I'm guessing that some alumni, certain dignitaries, and sportswriters are flying on that charter too. Can someone who knows, verify that? I don't know who flies on the charter.

Conrad is a captain; no question he would and deserves to go in lieu of one of the dignitaries. He has earned that right. Kick out the dignitary.

A player that is on the travel squad, regardless of year of eligibility, has earned that right also.

Stig knows what he is doing; he would do the best for the team.
            Don't know who is on the plane but you might find this interesting

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1046173

Comment

It always amazes me what topics get people talking on this forum. SDSU signs a contract to show The Jackrabbit Insider weekly on FSN and there are 2/3 posts but when it comes to who gets to fly on the charter plane and who doesn't we get 3-4 pages.
              http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
                It always amazes me what topics get people talking on this forum. SDSU signs a contract to show The Jackrabbit Insider weekly on FSN and there are 2/3 posts but when it comes to who gets to fly on the charter plane and who doesn't we get 3-4 pages.
                You sir, are correct! I'm not sure if people are getting to antsy and bogged down in the minutiae or what! It's almost starting to have that feeling of a wednesday media day before the super bowl! We've ran out of questions and topics and all we have is time....tick tick tick tick!
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Every school posts a depth chart prior to a game.

Look at Iowa. Woody Orne is listed as second string for their game this weekend.

You are right, the Travel squad is posted the week of the game, early enough so the players can make plans with their professors for missing Friday classes.

So your telling me that Conrad K., if he is still injured and cannot play, does not have the right to fly to Delaware with the team? I'm not saying list him on the travel squad, I'm asking you - Does Conrad have the right to fly with the team if he is still injured for Delaware?
                  Depth Chart - I get it. I was thinking travel squad typed depth chart.

Sticky wicket on being an injured captain. My guess is in that situation someone gets left home. Any other non-captain player who is injured stays home. Saw it myself on plenty of occassions where an established player stayed home because of injury.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros
                    What if the dignitary is AD Sell or his minion Rob Peterson and their purpose is to go over to the Deleware press box and collect the guarnentee check? I assume we are receiving something for this one time trip to Newark Deleware. Would they turn this check over to an injured player? Just saying that the dignitary may have a good reason to be on the trip as well.
                    I'm sure Rob appreciates being referred to as AD Sell's minion
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                      I'm sure Rob appreciates being referred to as AD Sell's minion
                      I checked with Rob (not really) and he doesn't mind the minion reference...just don't dare to give him negative rep without signing your handle.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

If you have a couple of beers and read "minion" real fast without your reading glasses, it looks like onion.

I'm easily entertained.

filbert still hates iupui

I think the fans need a football game! It's going to be tough sitting through a weekend listening to all the scores with SDSU being mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          If you have a couple of beers and read "minion" real fast without your reading glasses, it looks like onion.

I'm easily entertained.

filbert still hates iupui
                          I thought filbert hated IPFW.

Go State!

Comment

Yeah, its IPFW.

Comment

So who has the rooting interest on capital one mascot challenge? I am pretty much leaning to the underdog every time, unless its that stupid Ibis. Monte is a little to hippie for my liking. And goldy, thats a no vote in my book. Otherwise I really do not care.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                So who has the rooting interest on capital one mascot challenge? I am pretty much leaning to the underdog every time, unless its that stupid Ibis. Monte is a little to hippie for my liking. And goldy, thats a no vote in my book. Otherwise I really do not care.
                                Some good info in the argus today from Terry V I think the Jacks will be ready McKnight sounds confident about the O line

Comment

Working...
                                X