Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tourney

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Somehow, not hard to feel THAT sorry for them. Best team took two today. Big, Big Deal for Jacks!
    You're right. My sympathy passed after about two seconds.

Listened to a lot of SDSU baseball today! Another great day to be a Jackrabbit!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Turbak's family roots are in Kranzburg, the little town about nine miles east of Watertown. The common family name in Kranzburg is, as one would expect, Kranz but the Turbak group has to be second...good people. Blake Turbak has been a good ballplayer for the Bison. Blake and SDSU's Eric Danforth overlapped in playing days at Watertown. And, both would have competed against Lane Somsen from his Yankton days.
      Yes they did play a year together on legion not sure on high school ball though. The Kranz and Turbaks pretty much run Kranzburg. Grew up next to Blake through my childhood days. Yes, they are good people
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Turbak's family roots are in Kranzburg, the little town about nine miles east of Watertown. The common family name in Kranzburg is, as one would expect, Kranz but the Turbak group has to be second...good people. Blake Turbak has been a good ballplayer for the Bison. Blake and SDSU's Eric Danforth overlapped in playing days at Watertown. And, both would have competed against Lane Somsen from his Yankton days.
        Kranzburg had a high school when? It's been a long time since those doors closed that is if they were ever open, but seems like there have been a bunch of athletes named Turbak have been Watertown Arrows. Once an Arrow always an Arrow.... I am sure they are great people, and I wish Blake had chosen to be a Jack.

Comment

Congrats to our baseball team! Another program that has qualified for NCAA post season play!
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Wow. Great pitching and defense today. 2-0 and 1-0 victories against the Bison. Way to go, Jacks!
            This space for lease.

Comment

The Jacks advance to the national tournament in baseball, joining similar accomplishments by the football, women's basketball and men's basketball teams (I'm probably missing something.) What a great year for SDSU.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                The Jacks advance to the national tournament in baseball, joining similar accomplishments by the football, women's basketball and men's basketball teams (I'm probably missing something.) What a great year for SDSU.
                I know the Jacks had one wrestler qualify for the NCAA's. Plus, correct me if I am wrong but I beleive the equestrian team qualified?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Wow. Great pitching and defense today. 2-0 and 1-0 victories against the Bison. Way to go, Jacks!
                  They had me worried for awhile. Our inabiliy to bunt in clear sacrifice situations concerns me. Pitching and defense really did shine today. This team overcame a ton of obstacles this year......poor field condiions, home games in Omaha, Sioux City etc. My hat is off to this team and it will be interesting just where we go. We have a couple of starting pitchers that could cause some teams some trouble. Clearly need to find some offense. Congrats boys.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Congrats baseball team!

I was biting my fingernails all day, unsure of game results.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Here's the Regional sites:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/ar...13-tournament/

Selection show is tomorrow at 11am on ESPNU
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I don't think Blake was ever offered by the Jacks out of high school.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Wow, congrats to the Jacks! Two shutouts in those conditions is amazing.

Comment

Wow, both teams combined to leave a small country on the bases today.

Great pitching, great defense, great job for the team. Its been a really good week for the baseball team. Best of luck in the tournament.

Comment

You know you have excellent pitching and defense when you score the bare minimum of one run,and still win the game.Hope the trend continues of good defense and we get the strikes (or non-strkes,if batters are suckered into swinging at them) past the next group of hitters we have to face in the regionals.....Go Jacks!

This is un-charted territory for us,the competition level is about to go up a notch,this is really good for the program to experience this level of competition,the players will really benefit from post season play,and we as fans get to follow their exploits and cheer them on a little bit longer,great to be a Jackrabbit fan,....go Jacks!

Comment

(I'm probably missing something.)
                                Volleyball was our very first, if I'm not mistaken.
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X