Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caleb Thielbar etc...

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
    Well I sure hope that Caleb doesn't let your inside knowledge of the Twins ruin his positive outlook on his chances.
    No, I want every single Twins player in camp expecting them to make the team. I'm just giving my way too much Twins info opinion on the matter.

Plus coming out of ST, generally the teams take 1 less pitcher because of how they start the season with multiple off days the first 10 days or so.

I'm hoping we start seeing him early in the games when the majority of the mlb'ers are still in the lineup.

Comment

Thielbar was optioned to AAA today and cut from the 25 man roster (still on the 40 man roster). He might still get some innings with the major league club during spring training.

Comment

I'll try to keep updates on occasion here for Caleb. He is at AAA Rochester for the Minnesota Twins and is on the 40 man roster

In 7 outings so far this season 13.2IP 15H 6R 6ER 1HR 2BB 17K

He has had a couple of really bad outings and a 4 really good outings. They are using him more as a multi-inning guy this year as they did last year.

Comment

Thielbar had a rough outing on the 25th giving up 5ER in 1/3rd of an inning, but came back strong yesterday going 1.1IP with 3K giving up 0H 0R 0BB. He is probably 3rd in line for a call up out of the bullpen (Wood, Robertson being 1 and 2) as of right now, but would probably take Duensings spot if something happened to him.

Comment

Thielbar went .2 IP with 1K picking up the save on April 29th
            he went 2IP with 1BB 1SO 0H 0R on May 4th

Comment

Another scoreless outing last night. Take away that one really bad outing on April 29 - 5 hits and runs in one third of an inning - and Thielbar has an ERA of 1.32 over 13 2/3 with a WHIP under 1 and a save. That should get one elevated to a club that needs lefty relief.

Comment

Caleb came in during tonights 16 inning game. He picked up the win (his first on the year), going 1.1 with 3K's 2BB's and 1 hit.

Its tough to say if he would get the call up if they want a lefty, Robertson is more of a situation lefty compared to Caleb who is more of a setup lefty, they also have Pedro Hernadez who is starting for the Twins who many think could go to the bullpen if Gibson gets a call up. Robertson has pitched well since the demotion so it is tough to say what will happen, from the sound of things the Twins would like to add another lefty to the bullpen in the near future.

Comment

Nice video and interview with Caleb tonight on Fox Sports North "Spotlight, The Next Generation".

Comment

I saw it too

Comment

• Re: Caleb Thielbar etc...

Caleb got called up today and is heading down to Atlanta! Putting the Jacks on the map!
                      [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Comment

Congratulations to "The Kid" !!!! Go get em.

Comment

Exciting news for Jackrabbit baseball!! Congrats to Caleb...who has hung in there!

Comment

He's on the mound. First pitch...base hit.

Comment

They put up a graphic...showed he played for SDSU.

Comment

He looked pretty good, pitching strikes and had 1hit, 1K in his first inning pitched in Majors.
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X