Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Caleb Thielbar etc...

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    The pantheon would include Langer, Rasmussen, Lingenfelter, Moss (if he catches on) and who else?
    Vinatieri, Adam Timmerman is who come straight to my mind after those names
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Palmer "Pete" Retzlaff.

Comment

Lynn Boden. Didn't have a long or great NFL career but being drafted in the first round in the NFL Draft has to account for something.

Comment

The 1 thing that I think helps Thielbar is its the Twins, if it was Miami or Houston it would be a big deal to SDSU fans but I don't think it would be quite as big as deal in Minnesota and South Dakota.

Nate will forever be more popular and probably a bigger deal, but that is mainly because of sport, and college success. Nate could never play a game in the NBA and the average SDSU fan will say Nate any day of the week. I just think being the first SDSU baseball player to play in the Majors is a real big deal.

Comment

All of these people mentioned have helped our image to a certain degree, especially when you are visiting with some Purdue graduate who has never been west of DeKalb, Ill and has never been nor ever wishes to tour the Dakotas. Since going D1, the opportunity to become a household name has improved.

Comment

Pitched 2 innings today. Walked his first two batters, but retired the next 6. Had 1k and had 28 pitches in 2IP

Comment

Caleb looked good again today. A little wild at the beginning but really threw quality strikes again and made the pitches when he had to.

Just fantastic!
                [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Comment

KELO at Six tonight (5/24/13) presented an interview with Thielbar and he talked about being a Jackrabbit. He was asked to comment on being the only Jackrabbit to make the big league... a link to the clip should be available on KELO's website a little later (keloland.com). Sure wish his team could break the losing streak!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    KELO at Six tonight (5/24/13) presented an interview with Thielbar and he talked about being a Jackrabbit. He was asked to comment on being the only Jackrabbit to make the big league... a link to the clip should be available on KELO's website a little later (keloland.com). Sure wish his team could break the losing streak!
                    Main hope should be he does not get infected by the rest of what is turning out to be the worst Twins' pitching staff ever. Worse than the Billy Butler-Dave Johnson-Mac Scarce era. ... IN 21 games this month, two Twins starters have thrown pitches in the seventh inning. They are averaging just over four innings a start in this losing streak. Horrible. And they are getting pounded (no-hit, too) through five tonight.

Comment

Coming into his toughest situation so far. Bottom 6, bases full of Tigers, two out, Twins down 3-1.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Ouch. Bases clearing triple.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Detroit 6, Minnesota 1. I hope Theo is taking advice from the bullpen!

Comment

They pinch hit a RH-hitter for a lefty. Its interesting to see Thielbar get worked into bigger roles.

Comment

Theilbar came in for his 5th appearance tonight. 1IP 0H 2K 0BB

Comment

Thielbar in for the Twins 6/1/13...does a great job in the top of the ninth but Seattle up 4-2. Right now, no outs, Twins on first and second and Mauer batting.

Comment

Working...
                                X