Blake Treinen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blake Treinen

Treinen went 6 2/3 innings of shutout ball tonight to move to 5-5 for the season, and his ERA is now under 4. Over his last 10 appearances, he is 4-3 with a 2.66 ERA and WHIP of about 1.12. Been pitching very well as of late.

Comment

Treinen lost the other night, going 4IP giving up 3R 1ER 5H 1BB 7K

Comment

Nationals pre-game show announcers (who include South Dakota native Mel Antonen) earlier this week were discussing possible callups or help for the team this year, and Treinen got mentioned as one of the young pitching possibilities. He's had a pretty good last 10 games, ERA well under 3 at Harrisburg. That'd be a hell of a coup being called up to help a pitching staff that, going into the year, was considered one of the best in MLB.

Comment

A lot of Jacks fans (myself included) would have guessed that Treinen would have been the first SDSU pitcher of recent years to crack a major league roster. How cool would it be if, in a couple of years, the Jacks had three pitchers in the majors -- Treinen, Thielbar and Somsen. JD Moore, the current closer, might have a shot, too. Bougner, too. He's with the Lincoln Saltdogs.
          Last edited by Jacked_Up; 06-22-2013, 04:37 PM.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Treinen had another strong outing tonight, going seven scoreless innings, and although he got a no decision, has now given up just three earned runs in his last 30 2/3 innings. He is getting noticed in Nats' organization.

Comment

Wouldn't be shocked if Blake was traded. The Nats seem to want a proven MLB starter and maybe even a bat. Blake is performing well and would no doubt be a name brought up in trade talks if they do occur.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                Wouldn't be shocked if Blake was traded. The Nats seem to want a proven MLB starter and maybe even a bat. Blake is performing well and would no doubt be a name brought up in trade talks if they do occur.

Well, sort of... Davey wants a proven starter, Rizzo has not weighed in. A lot of mixed messages from this ball club. They just traded Michael Morse to replenish depleted pitching in the minors and Treinen was part of it. They have a ton more position players in the minors who I bet would go first. Maybe even Danny Espinosa and Tyler Moore

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Well, sort of... Davey wants a proven starter, Rizzo has not weighed in. A lot of mixed messages from this ball club. They just traded Michael Morse to replenish depleted pitching in the minors and Treinen was part of it. They have a ton more position players in the minors who I bet would go first. Maybe even Danny Espinosa and Tyler Moore
                  Yeah there top 20 prospects had few pitchers and I believe their top 2 pitching prospects have already made the big club this year.

It just sounds like they are calling a ton of teams and open to anything, the way Blake has pitched he's probably turned a few scouts heads.

Comment

Blake finished the regular season yesterday with a solid outing of 5IP 1H 1ER 1R 1HR 7K 0BB's. He missed a little over a month with a strained back muscle. The Harrisburg Senators did make the playoffs so he should get at least 1 more start.

On the year here are his numbers

Short Season A (made 2 rehab starts) 2G 2GS 6IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 7K's
                    AA 6W 7L 3.64ERA 21G 20Starts 118.2IP 125H 54R 48ER 9HR 33BB 86SO .269 average

Blake did not get selected to the Arizona Fall League, though I wouldn't be surprised if he pitches some sort of winter ball

On the year, it seems that the Nationals made him pitch a little more to contact and work the sinker more so then trying to strike guys out, though in the few starts since his return he did strike more guys out. He had a top 10 ERA in the league. His raw numbers are better than last year, but he did go from a very hitter friendly league to a pitcher friendly league.

For his future? IDK, I'm not an expert on the Nationals farm system. He was ranked their 17th prospect when the mid-season prospect rankings came out (post MLB draft). Words from people in their system seem positive, their pitching depth isn't huge, but Treinen wasn't promoted to AAA or the majors this year, where others from AA were. If I understand the 40 man roster rules, Blake doesn't need to be placed on the 40 man roster until after next year, so next year there is a good chance if he pitches well, that we see him with the Nationals next year.

Comment

Are you sure he doesn't have one more start? They play until the end of the week.

Treinen got some specific shoutouts from Nats broadcasters in tonight's pre-game, when they spent about five minutes going over the top players in the system. Pointed out he had an ERA of 2.78 over his last starts and said he is a "young pitcher with very good stuff." Definitely on the Big Club's radar screen. I think next year will be key for him. Players that make it to the Majors often use a solid AA season to propel to a great one the next year. Nats brought up as many people from AA as they did from
                      AAA this year.

Blake finished the regular season yesterday with a solid outing of 5IP 1H 1ER 1R 1HR 7K 0BB's. He missed a little over a month with a strained back muscle. The Harrisburg Senators did make the playoffs so he should get at least 1 more start.

On the year here are his numbers

Short Season A (made 2 rehab starts) 2G 2GS 6IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 7K's
                      AA 6W 7L 3.64ERA 21G 20Starts 118.2IP 125H 54R 48ER 9HR 33BB 86SO .269 average

Blake did not get selected to the Arizona Fall League, though I wouldn't be surprised if he pitches some sort of winter ball

On the year, it seems that the Nationals made him pitch a little more to contact and work the sinker more so then trying to strike guys out, though in the few starts since his return he did strike more guys out. He had a top 10 ERA in the league. His raw numbers are better than last year, but he did go from a very hitter friendly league to a pitcher friendly league.

For his future? IDK, I'm not an expert on the Nationals farm system. He was ranked their 17th prospect when the mid-season prospect rankings came out (post MLB draft). Words from people in their system seem positive, their pitching depth isn't huge, but Treinen wasn't promoted to AAA or the majors this year, where others from AA were. If I understand the 40 man roster rules, Blake doesn't need to be placed on the 40 man roster until after next year, so next year there is a good chance if he pitches well, that we see him with the Nationals next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Are you sure he doesn't have one more start? They play until the end of the week.

Treinen got some specific shoutouts from Nats broadcasters in tonight's pre-game, when they spent about five minutes going over the top players in the system. Pointed out he had an ERA of 2.78 over his last starts and said he is a "young pitcher with very good stuff." Definitely on the Big Club's radar screen. I think next year will be key for him. Players that make it to the Majors often use a solid AA season to propel to a great one the next year. Nats brought up as many people from AA as they did from
                        AAA this year.
                        They are in the playoffs now I believe, and I think the plan is for him to make a start.

I think two things are key, one is who the next manager is, and two is if he gets an invite to mlb spring training.

Comment

They are in the playoffs now I believe, and I think the plan is for him to make a start.

I think two things are key, one is who the next manager is, and two is if he gets an invite to mlb spring training.
                          What is happening to Johnson? Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            In 2014 he will become a consultant, whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              He announced before season this would be his last. He has not done a good job with this team this year, anyway. Way, way, way too laid back and lenient. The Nationals havfe the worst fundamental in the game. Dumb mistakes almost every game.

Comment

Blake was suppose to pitch game 5 but Harrisburg won in 4, so I don't know what the plan is but they are in the Championship which starts Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                                X