Blake Treinen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blake Treinen

Sorry to hear about his arm problems...stats look good, hope he can keep it going. Thanks for the update JB.

Comment

doesn't sound like anything of the severe variety, just needed to get him some rest.

Also should be noted that the California league is one of the most hitter friendly leagues and homerun friendly leagues in the affiliated minor league system. According to some reports its a solid .5 runs higher than average. Whereas its counter part the Florida State League is .5 runs lower than average.

Comment

The Stockton Port's season came to an end last night, with Blake Treinen earning his 7th win of the season out of relief. Here are the numbers for his first entire season in the minors.

7-7 4.37ERA 24G 15GS 1CG 103IP 116H 60R 50ER 11HR 23BB 92SO .278OppBA

I think the key for him next year will be to play entire summer next year, and hopefully start the season at AA.

Comment

Blake was traded today to the Washington Nationals as part of the Mike Morse trade.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
            Blake was traded today to the Washington Nationals as part of the Mike Morse trade.
            you beat me

Comment

This is a break for him. The Nats depleted their Minor League itching in trades for Gonzalez and Span, and they have a recent history of developing young starters.

Comment

Blake Treinen will start the season at Double-A

Comment

I'll try to on occasion update Blake's season here He is playing for the Harrisburg Senators (Washington's AA affiliate in the Eastern League), same league as the Twins AA affiliate.

On the year he is 1-3 with 4 games started 21.2IP 27H 17R 15ER 4HR 2BB 15SO

He had two really bad outings to start the year, then had a 7IP shut out for the win and then today went 7+IP giving up 4R 2ER in a loss

Comment

Blake's had 2 real good outings the last two times out

April 28th- 6.2 IP 3H 0R 0ER 3BB 6SO
                    May 3rd- 7IP 5H 0R 0ER 1BB 5SO

ERA is now at 3.82 on the season.

Comment

http://www.pennlive.com/senators/ind...ent_at-ba.html

Here is an article about the outing, and how he is working on his secondary pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        Blake's had 2 real good outings the last two times out

April 28th- 6.2 IP 3H 0R 0ER 3BB 6SO
                        May 3rd- 7IP 5H 0R 0ER 1BB 5SO

ERA is now at 3.82 on the season.
                        He's actually had four great outings in a row. 2 ER in 27 2/3 innings, which will get you noticed in an organization that does not have a lot of good, strong arms at that level. Nats have all their good young arms on the MLB roster.

Comment

yup, 3 really good outings and 1 solid outing. I don't follow the Nationals close enough to know where he ranks, sounds as if he has the 2nd best stuff on the AA roster behind their ace Nate Karns who is the organizations #3 prospect. I don't have a clue on their AAA team. It will be interesting to see how they handle him, last year he had some shoulder fatigue and had to sit out a while and then came back in the bullpen so I don't know if they have a plan to move him to the bullpen to limit the innings or what the deal is there.

Comment

The last two starts haven't been great for Blake

May 8th- 3.1IP 8H 6R 6ER 1HR 2BB 3SO
                            May 13th- 6IP 8H 4R 4ER 2BB 7SO

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              The last two starts haven't been great for Blake

May 8th- 3.1IP 8H 6R 6ER 1HR 2BB 3SO
                              May 13th- 6IP 8H 4R 4ER 2BB 7SO
                              But since his first two starts of the season he is 4-2 with a 2.54 ERA and 41 hits in 46 innings. Pretty good for that level of ball in that league. He's now 4-4 overall.

Comment

He out pitched Gausman earlier this year who is the Orioles top prospect who is pitching against the Yankees on Thursday.

He has pitched well, had a few rough starts, but some solid ones as well. Pitched well the other night picking up the win.

Where he is in terms of prospects, etc. I have no clue though, with the Twins I could give an estimate where Thielbar was in terms of getting to the majors,who was in front of him, what was holding him back last year, etc. With Treinen I just have no clue. I don't follow the Nationals that closely. I know that there isn't much pitching in their system and that they traded away their top starting pitching prospect to the Twins during the off-season. (Alex Meyer) He is not on the 40 man roster, so I doubt he is the next call if they need a pitcher but depending on how the season rolls on I wouldn't rule out a call up this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X