Interesting NDSU stats....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting NDSU stats....

I'll say this: Ben Woodside, Brett Winkleman, and Mike Nelson averaged 34.5, 33, and 31.4 minutes per game. I do not see those guys losing many, if any, minutes to anyone on SDSU's or NDSU's current '09-'10 roster. That doesn't mean that the current rosters will feild poor teams, but those guys were simply better players and commanded a ton of minutes.
    Again, that is my point. You lost three great players. Woodside is a once-in-a-programs-lifetime kid. Self called him the best guard KU faced all year, he hit for 60, dropped 37 on KU in the NCAA's...etc. NDSU will never have a kid like that again. Winkleman was also an all-time Bison great. They now have to be replaced and some NDSU fans are kind of ho-hum about it.

That said, this years NDSU class is shaping up real nice. They just added a 6'7/185lb kid from Oregon who was Mr. Basketball runner-up. He was said to have some PAC-10 interest, Gonzaga, Nevada, etc, but his list of teams on his recruiting profile were less than impressive.

Comment

OMG!! CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we aint worried. are YOU!?!?!??????????????

Comment

OMG!! CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we aint worried. are YOU!?!?!??????????????
        Not at all. We took you to overtime (and should have beat you) THIS year! I just find it kind of funny how many Bison fans just think that 25+ wins, a NCAA trip and winning the Summit is now commonplace and that even with all you lostfrom this year that you'll just continue to roll.

What do you see for next year? What do you think your record will be, finish in the Summit, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          Not at all. We took you to overtime (and should have beat you) THIS year! I just find it kind of funny how many Bison fans just think that 25+ wins, a NCAA trip and winning the Summit is now commonplace and that even with all you lostfrom this year that you'll just continue to roll.

What do you see for next year? What do you think your record will be, finish in the Summit, etc?
          haha, i was at that game in brookings. it was so boring we sat up and talked with about 8 jack football players the entire second half. they wanted NDSU to win because they said the mens bball team hates them so in return they hate the bball team. They all seemed like nice guys and like they would be fun to chill with. Thats what makes this so called, rivalry, so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by bison8xchamp View Post
            haha, i was at that game in brookings. it was so boring we sat up and talked with about 8 jack football players the entire second half. they wanted NDSU to win because they said the mens bball team hates them so in return they hate the bball team. They all seemed like nice guys and like they would be fun to chill with. Thats what makes this so called, rivalry, so hard.
            I guess we'll see what the mods want on this site after a post like this. Gotta love a guy like 8 hangin around. I've got 4 high school championships to my name maybe I should be jack4xchampmd, wait I've got some perspective.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

yea. I had talks with sdsu fball players, there's an obvious rift between them and your ballers. (maybe even MAC CASEY?) big shock there, ha ha.

BUT, seriously folks, NDSU men in what they did last year at the summit tourney and 1st round wont be matched anytime soon by the bunny's.

futhermore, DONT EVER COMPARE OUR 2 teams.. *NDSU and SDSU MEN* to the women, please.. thats embarassing.

Tea, to answer your question and you can search my posts, I said in 2009-2010, NDSU will finish 3 or 4 in the Summit, behind OAKLAND and ORU.

Comment

Do you know the whole story about Mac?

Comment

Again, that is my point. You lost three great players. Woodside is a once-in-a-programs-lifetime kid. Self called him the best guard KU faced all year, he hit for 60, dropped 37 on KU in the NCAA's...etc. NDSU will never have a kid like that again. Winkleman was also an all-time Bison great. They now have to be replaced and some NDSU fans are kind of ho-hum about it.

That said, this years NDSU class is shaping up real nice. They just added a 6'7/185lb kid from Oregon who was Mr. Basketball runner-up. He was said to have some PAC-10 interest, Gonzaga, Nevada, etc, but his list of teams on his recruiting profile were less than impressive.
                  I've heard he had offers from Air Force, Portland State, Santa Clara, Montana, and Denver. Not a bad list at all.

Woody and Winks were great players but you have to move forward. As Saul Phillips says, "NDSU is not a one class program." There is a lot of energy in place to ensure that what Woodside and Co. did was not a flash in the pan.

Comment

BUT, seriously folks, NDSU men in what they did last year at the summit tourney and 1st round wont be matched anytime soon by the bunny's.

futhermore, DONT EVER COMPARE OUR 2 teams.. *NDSU and SDSU MEN* to the women, please.. thats embarassing.

Tea, to answer your question and you can search my posts, I said in 2009-2010, NDSU will finish 3 or 4 in the Summit, behind OAKLAND and ORU.

You squeaked out a win against Oakland (as we knocked off ORU) and then lost in the first round to a team much, much younger and inexperienced than you who was in a rebuilding year. We will make the NCAA's and then we'll probably also lose in the first round by double-digits. Sheesh, you guys act like you re-wrote history.

And I love how after you puff out your chest about the NDSU men you tell us you don't want to hear it about the SDSU women. Why? Because you know what THEY did will likely never, ever be achieved by any Summit team again. AT least the women cracked the top 15 and won an NCAA tourney game....in record-tying fashion.

NDSU finishing 3rd. No way. I say 5th at best. I love discussions which involve rational fans....but you're still fun to talk to.

Comment

I would like to have the same rational and respectful discussion over on Bisonville but for some reason I registered, was accepted and all but still can't post.
                      Ditto here.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

You squeaked out a win against Oakland (as we knocked off ORU) and then lost in the first round to a team much, much younger and inexperienced than you who was in a rebuilding year. We will make the NCAA's and then we'll probably also lose in the first round by double-digits. Sheesh, you guys act like you re-wrote history.

And I love how after you puff out your chest about the NDSU men you tell us you don't want to hear it about the SDSU women. Why? Because you know what THEY did will likely never, ever be achieved by any Summit team again. AT least the women cracked the top 15 and won an NCAA tourney game....in record-tying fashion.

NDSU finishing 3rd. No way. I say 5th at best. I love discussions which involve rational fans....but you're still fun to talk to.
                        Nah, he just doesn't like woman's sports.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I've heard he had offers from Air Force, Portland State, Santa Clara, Montana, and Denver. Not a bad list at all.

Woody and Winks were great players but you have to move forward. As Saul Phillips says, "NDSU is not a one class program." There is a lot of energy in place to ensure that what Woodside and Co. did was not a flash in the pan.
                          It's not a bad list, I probably stated that wrong. It's not a bad list, just far from PAC-10, which some were saying.

Sooooo....26-7 and a conference title is going to be a yearly thing? Like I said, you barely made the NCAA's (not to mention beat us in Frost) with the best player ever to wear your jersey (he actually hit the shot) and a couple all-time greats....who in case I didn't mention, are now gone.

And it actually has been, up to this point, a one-class program. We'll see. I'm just glad to see some sunshine after our long and seemingly endless journey through the woods.

Comment

you cant even compare the 2. seroiusly folks.

ok ok... in thread conclusion.

tea vs 8xchamp is a fun show!!

NDSU will be 3 vs ORU
                            SDSU will be 4. vs Oakland

Lets both upset them and play for the title!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I guess we'll see what the mods want on this site after a post like this. Gotta love a guy like 8 hangin around. I've got 4 high school championships to my name maybe I should be jack4xchampmd, wait I've got some perspective.
                              What did that have to do with my last post? and mods what i said wasn't smack. it was a story that took place and i can't help it if the two teams don't get along. its not like it makes your athl dept bad if they dont get along...jeeessh

and ur name would not be jack4champ becuz the jacks don't have 4 champs.

it would be high school champ

Comment

[quote]you cant even compare the 2. seroiusly folks. [quote]

I agree.

One made it to top 15, won an NCAA game, had a coach in the running for coach of the year, beat several power conference schools and conference champs, etc.

The other beat Oakland on a last second shot and lost in the NCAA's despite home court advantage to a younger, inexperienced team in a rebuilding year.

Comment

Working...
                                X