Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD is in.

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    they still don't have a basketball/volleyball facility...
    They do, but it's not very good. Which puts them in the same boat as UMKC and IPFW.

Plus they draw better than many of the schools in the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      Let me try and understand this.
      That, my friend, was your first and most serious mistake.

Do not try to understand Lakes, merely observe him and marvel at how his skull is impervious to intelligent thought.

Good ideas have been surrounding that head of his for years trying to figure out how to get in. The good ideas that he once had have all pined away from loneliness.

A thousand pardons, moderators, but I will retract it all if Lakes posts something worth reading.

Comment

Rabbitobserver.

well, not us directly, but YES us directly, we should've been talking and pressuring our 'presidents' and telling them not to return US to division 2 days.

we're the FIRST 2 teams to move up and have our OLD rivals stay back and bitch at us, and THEN allow them to move up now.

all the marketing/advertising/exposure we have had the advantage on, is all about to be evened out.

MY GOD>

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post

3) USD's admission in 2011 (not eligible for Summit League tournament action until 2012-2013) will have nothing to do with the Summit League site bid now being considered for the 2011-2012 conference tournaments...so forget the "impact" of more tickets etc. (unless of course they want to come watch the Jacks). Will the league consider it in a 2013-2014 bid several years away (making it 6 years in a row in Sioux Falls)...I'm not sure...maybe...but I would also expect they may want to rotate somewhere else at that point.

What are the chances that USD's admission and UND's probable admission in 2012-2013 cause the league to move the conference tourney away during the next bidding cycle (2011 & 2012 tourneys) so that they can bring it back to Sioux falls in 2013 & 2014 with all four Dakota schools participating in Sioux Falls. I can't see the league keeping it in Sioux Falls for six straight years, and I can't imagine them not seeing the benefit of having it in the Dakotas during the first years that all four schools are eligible.

My prediction is that we host the tourney next year, it goes away for two years to Oakland, the Quad Cities, or Tulsa, and then returns to Sioux Falls in 2013 for a raucous tourney in a brand new events center in beautiful downtown Sioux Falls. Sorry Fargo, you have to wait until 2015...at the earliest.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
            really don't know why USD moved now..... The school just announced budget cuts, they still don't have a basketball/volleyball facility... they don't have baseball which is like the number 2 sport in the conference.... plus they aren't a counter
            http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...701#post274701

The point is unless there was an underlying reason (money, or a member seriously considering leaving the conference) I really don't know why they moved now..... The school just announced budget cuts, they still don't have a basketball/volleyball facility... they don't have baseball which is like the number 2 sport in the conference.... plus they aren't a counter..... and then just to add they made fun of us 6 years ago for going D-I.....And we are helping them out.....
            So are you flattered or annoyed, joeboo22?

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
              well, not us directly, but YES us directly
              What?!?!?!?

PL
              Last edited by KUlawJack; 04-16-2009, 07:59 AM.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...701#post274701

So are you flattered or annoyed, joeboo22?
                At USD joining? I think its a joke now.... they aren't ready now and they won't join for another year so why decide now? tell them that when they get there poop in row that we will accept them....

They just announced pretty big cuts.... They have had title IX problems.... They don't have baseball.... they don't have a basketball/volleyball arena....

those are all pretty big problems.... and to accept them early..... SDSU didn't have any of those problems when they accepted us.... neither did NDSU....

Comment

At USD joining? I think its a joke now.... they aren't ready now and they won't join for another year so why decide now? tell them that when they get there poop in row that we will accept them....

They just announced pretty big cuts.... They have had title IX problems.... They don't have baseball.... they don't have a basketball/volleyball arena....

those are all pretty big problems.... and to accept them early..... SDSU didn't have any of those problems when they accepted us.... neither did NDSU....
                  One word: insurance.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

joe.. i think he is saying that I copied and pasted your post on this board.

I shoulda said "COPYRIGHT JOE BOO" like common man on kfan.

this is BS, Im so embarassed for having VERMILLION and maybe grand forks in this league. might as well add Fergus Falls C C and Sw State!

Comment

this is BS, Im so embarassed for having VERMILLION and maybe grand forks in this league. might as well add Fergus Falls C C and Sw State!
                      hey sw state ain't that bad.....

Comment

ya i didn't even look until now.... I'm kinda busy.... I go to Black Hills State in Spearfish and we just signed the #2 recruit out of Colorado who had a recruiting visit with Colorado State and Northern Colorado last week.... also supposedly had an offer from Oregon State.... so i'm a little pre occupied.... but ya thanks a lot.... most people take my stuff an insult it.... I'm flattered I guess.....

Comment

hey sw state ain't that bad.....
                          no, sw state is that bad, trust me i went to school there for a year.

Look people, the decision that they were going to be in the Summit League was pretty much made back in March when a campus visit was scheduled. I don't think it's going to be as much hatred because of the break in the rivalry and the fact that some of the athletes aren't from South Dakota, they may not understand it.

The timing came as kind of a surprise to people, could it have waited? Sure, but why wait if the decision was made? The time was going to come eventually and that time is going to be 2011 IF not sooner.

Like filbert said, this is an insurance in case a school decides to leave the conference and we are left with nine schools as well as telling UND to get their affairs in order to move the conference to 12 and more than likely two divisions.

Am I upset about it? Yeah, but it makes way too much sense for them not to be in the conference. They are three or so hours away, it would be dumb not to have them in the same conference as it saves both schools money.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Well the argus leader released it at 11:00am and still no one was talking about it on your board. I am just saying I thought your members would be talking about it.
                            That's cause USD alums actually have jobs to be at during that time of the day.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                              That's cause USD alums actually have jobs to be at during that time of the day.
                              and there students are too cracked out to comprehend what it means....

Comment

Enough.

Bannings are imminent.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X