USD is in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD is in.

I ventured over to the Coyote Fan board to see how excited they were on the announcement...and to my surprise (or maybe not) their has been only 1 post on the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      splitting the already meager NCAA men's BB tournament share money even further
      Ffft. It'd be like a $20k drop to add USD to this year's split.

Fact is, Summit's tourney take is so pathetic it shouldn't even be a consideration when it comes to expanding.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        Ffft. It'd be like a $20k drop to add USD to this year's split.

Fact is, Summit's tourney take is so pathetic it shouldn't even be a consideration when it comes to expanding.
        hence "already meager."
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          This was a no-brainer. And the fact that the decision was unanimous quiets those who didn't think ORU, Centenary and others would want another Dakota school or schools. I also view the unanimous vote as a big pat on the back for SDSU and NDSU.

UND has to be looking at this real hard. It's probably a kick in the pants to get that name/logo mess figured out. Independent is no way to go about being a D1. I'd rather be in the NSIC than be a D1 Independent.
          I'm willing to put a lot of money on the fact that even if the vote was 8-2 (or something else) the Summit League is going to come out and say it was unanimous. It wouldn't be a good way to accept a school into the conference by saying "there are a few schools who don't want you, but we are going to take you anyways." I could be wrong but...

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
            We all knew it was going to eventually happen. Now we know when.
            Starting with the 2011-2012 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              I ventured over to the Coyote Fan board to see how excited they were on the announcement...and to my surprise (or maybe not) their has been only 1 post on the announcement.
              That is because we were asked to hold off until the press release. We honored their request.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                I'm willing to put a lot of money on the fact that even if the vote was 8-2 (or something else) the Summit League is going to come out and say it was unanimous. It wouldn't be a good way to accept a school into the conference by saying "there are a few schools who don't want you, but we are going to take you anyways." I could be wrong but...
                For the record, you are wrong

Comment

You could be right. I'm sure ORU and Centenary aren't happy with another Dakota school in the conference, but what do they do? You could probably put SUU in that category too, but they should just be happy to have a conference. I wouldn't be upset if Cent and SUU left.

Comment

yoteforever - do the people of USD feel they owe a thank you to the SDSU and NDSU folks? Or do the USD people still think this whole going to D1 baloney is a huge, laughable, mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                      NO WAY USD should be let in.

what a bunch of crap.

Yea, Vermillion, what a joke, didnt they JUST get a mcdonalds??

Douple is pissing me off!
                      Amazing arrogance. What does your comment have to do with the admission of a state university?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        That is because we were asked to hold off until the press release. We honored their request.
                        Well the argus leader released it at 11:00am and still no one was talking about it on your board. I am just saying I thought your members would be talking about it.

Comment

Nonetheless....welcome to the Summit USD.

I know the elation I felt when SDSU was accepted into the Summit and Valley (no doubt a much tougher journey for us as opposed to USD) and I imagine the USD people are happy today. I look forward to the rivalry restarting and the interest it will stir up for both schools statewide.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            Amazing arrogance. What does your comment have to do with the admission of a state university?
                            Yoteforever, let me introduce you to Lakes...since you are now a member of the Summit League you will get to know Lakes very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                              yoteforever - do the people of USD feel they owe a thank you to the SDSU and NDSU folks? Or do the USD people still think this whole going to D1 baloney is a huge, laughable, mistake?
                              I will answer it is honestly as I can. First of all, regarding going to D-1, I have been on record saying that I had hoped it wouldn't happen back when it originally did. I personally felt that all the Dakota schools should have stayed D-2. That was personal. Once SDSU and NDSU went, it was then clear to me to be a no brainer that eventually we had to do it.

I wasn't one that scoffed at your original move. As I said before, many of your fans felt the same as me when we talked at the last NCC toruney you were at in Omaha. When you did go, we had no choice as I see it to plan for the same move.

Now regarding that you went first. There were some USD fans that probably hoped you would fail in your move, the percent of those people, I don't know. But the group I run with, that is indeed very closely tied to USD never wished for your failure. I'm not certain that we feel like we owe you a thank you per say, and I am not saying that disrespectful, but you more than likely have shown us some of the good moves, and probably some of the moves we should avoid. I personally will thank you for that.

I think you would agree that a substantial percent of your fans want USD to fail in their move to D-1. I hope I am wrong, but there is alot of sentiment on here that because you went first, you are always going to be "the king". That will be an argument that goes on forever. I am neutral regarding that. I mean when does everyone give up that point, and accept the fact there are now two D-1 schools in South Dakota.

I will tell you this. I will bet my bottom dollar that both schools will (and have) struggled financially. I amy be wrong, but I bet the SDSU financial house isn't in that great of shape. I will almost bet that USD will struggle finacially, but as in all well prepared business plans, there is a path to take to get there. And I mean that for both schools.

I know many of you are upset with the decision, but that is your bias, and I understand. What I hope will happen is what happened to me. I cheer for the Jacks except when they play USD, and I hope the same can be said the other way. Think about any sport we play and compete in, is if USD/SDSU always play for the top. That is good fro South Dakota.

Honestly, I hope like a few of your posters and moderators here that the rivalry that will be renewed is civil, yet alot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Well the argus leader released it at 11:00am and still no one was talking about it on your board. I am just saying I thought your members would be talking about it.
                                To be honest, I haven't even received the email yet, so that's why I didn't post. I will be there.

Yes, we are happy and proud to be a part of your league.

Comment

Working...
                                X