Bison draw Kansas in Minneapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison draw Kansas in Minneapolis

My congradulations to NDSU in their best effort against Kansas. I watched the game on KELO LAND. The Aldrich guy is unbelievable and he might have been the biggest mismatch against the Bison. Moorman obviously did not match up as well against Aldrich like he has against some of the other Summit big guys.

As far as Woodside, I have strong feeling we will see him in a NBA uniform somewhere and yes he is undersized, but the guy loves the game and plays with heart and is very quick. I think there have been smaller players in the NBA, like Spud Webb and Nate Archibald which is a ways back, but the small guys can often do things that the big guys cant and the right franchisee might have a opportunity for him. Lets see how it plays out.

I for one will not put the Bison next year in the SL basement, as Tviedt did a great job of rebounding and he was not to bad on the arch either. Also Flowers looked more alive today than he did in the final in Sioux Falls. Vaugh and Sussangay are going to step in and I look for them to compete. Add to that new recruits and who knows who was redshirted this year and what they contribute. I really dont like to boast about the Bison, but their program is on the move and losing the four seniors does not mean a subpar year any time soon.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 03-20-2009, 09:05 PM.

Comment

More love for Woody. Tough loss Bison. I was rooting for you.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab,149507

Comment

I can tell you that NDSU wasn't getting enough respect before this game by some of the people I talked to in Lawrence. I warned them. Told them that Woodside was going to show up to play. He showed what he is capable of, and its impressive what he can do.

Aldrich made all the difference in this ball game as the experience and great perimeter play from NDSU matched/or bettered the perimeter play of the Hawks. Hard not to cheer for him, despite being a KU guy. I am glad they came up just short for obvious reasons, but its was more difficult to cheer against them than I thought it would be. The fan support for NDSU was unbelievable. Great showing Bison fans.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Great showing by Bison, kudos.
          Perspective: Jacks could have beaten Bison at home, a team that gave the defending national champs a whale of a game in the Big Dance.

Comment

Quote from the recap on ESPN.com

Woodside's 37 points led Self to declare him the best guard his team faced this season
            Self warned Collins about Woodside, who also played all 40 minutes.

"I didn't know he was THAT good," said Collins, who had eight assists and was so steady that Kansas had only five turnovers in all.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

I liked the final comment in the ESPN column: "Thus far, though, the closest thing we have to a Stephen Curry is Woodside. Pity he won't have a chance at an encore."

It's really a shame the country couldn't watch Woodside in a couple more games.

I think the kid's going to be in the NBA next year. Many team owners would love to take a chance on the guy because the odds aren't bad that he'll play at that level and he'll help in ticket sales with his "small-school, small-town" background story.

Comment

He will definitely get a D-League shot if he wants to take it. Seems to me there is a team in Bismark that I bet would love to have him.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Bill Self talked about Woody saying he would be a starter at Kansas...saying he was the best guard KU played all year and saying that Woody wouldn't average 22 in the Big XII...but he'd average 18.

And while I typed this Aldrich dunked on NDSU 3 more times

Comment

Great showing by Bison, kudos.
                    Perspective: Jacks could have beaten Bison at home, a team that gave the defending national champs a whale of a game in the Big Dance.
                    SDSU is BETTER than Kansas, the defending Nat'l Champs. SDSU beat Iowa State...Iowa State beat Texas Tech...Texas Tech whipped Kansas.

And just think, KU had only 5 turnovers for the whole game (had to be a season low) and still "only" won by 10.

Comment

Working...
                    X