Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison draw Kansas in Minneapolis

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    Hey Lakes, which team has more national recognition?

Sorry for the smackishness of this post.

Kansas over South Dakota State big time

Comment

Aside from SDSU I follow the KU program and have for years. KU is very young this year and shouldn't have been this good (they will be top 5 next year if Collins and Aldrich return). I figured they'd lose alot more games like the UMass game, but they really didn't. They are deep and if Collins gets going you are in trouble.

Does NDSU win this b/c KU has lost 2 of their last three (haven't lost two in a row all year) to mediocre teams (TTech and Baylor) or does KU blow them out b/c they are upset and Bill will have them ready to go? I go 85% with the latter.

Cole Aldrich is from the cities, so that helps KU.

Comment

And believe me....Woodside and Winkleman etc aren't going to sneak up on anybody. But KU has struggled defending the three point shot against solid screening teams and KU almost always stays man-to-man.

Comment

KU by 20. I have a feeling Bill will have the Hawks firing on all cylinders. And agree with TeaJackrabbit about Aldrich. NDSU doesn't have anyone that can handle Aldrich in the post. If some early shots from the perimeter fall for KU, it will be a runaway. Disagree somewhat though Tea about guarding the three. The last two games they lost it was an issue, but prior to that, no team had even shot close to 50% from the field against KU all year. No team has even shot 50% in the last 130 games against them. Played UT in between those losses and shut down A.J. Abrams completely from outside. I just don't see the Bison challenging.

EDIT: I am not being objective here at all. I greatly dislike NDSU so I hope KU pounds them into the ground even harder.
          Last edited by KUlawJack; 03-16-2009, 11:56 AM.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            You could argue that NDSU deserved a better seed, but they couldn't have gotten a better site.
            I agree. I would assume that travel considerations could have played into the seed meaning they could have dropped a seed or two to reduce the costs of travel for NDSU.

I would be ecstatic if I were a Bison fan. Playing your first NCAA tournament game 4 hours from home.....that's awesome. As well as they travel this could be like a home game.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              KU by 20. I have a feeling Bill will have the Hawks firing on all cylinders. And agree with TeaJackrabbit about Aldrich. NDSU doesn't have anyone that can handle Aldrich in the post. If some early shots from the perimeter fall for KU, it will be a runaway. Disagree somewhat though Tea about guarding the three. The last two games they lost it was an issue, but prior to that, no team had even shot close to 50% from the field against KU all year. No team has even shot 50% in the last 130 games against them. Played UT in between those losses and shut down A.J. Abrams completely from outside. I just don't see the Bison challenging.

EDIT: I am not being objective here at all. I greatly dislike NDSU so I hope KU pounds them into the ground even harder.
              Got to respect your honesty!

Comment

Originally posted by NDSUstudent View Post
                Got to respect your honesty!
                Well, my handle might give away who I am cheering for, so I am sure all that read my post took it with a grain of salt, as it probably should be. Rock Chalk.

Comment

this can be a good matchup for NDSU. It won't be easy but don't count out Woodside until the final buzzer.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

A nice article in today's New York Times about the Bison.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/17/sp...dakota.html?hp

Comment

Here is another one on NBC Sports

LINKY

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        Well, my handle might give away who I am cheering for, so I am sure all that read my post took it with a grain of salt, as it probably should be. Rock Chalk.

I think this year it's going to be "Rock Choke"

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                          I think this year it's going to be "Rock Choke"
                          Ha!

I highly doubt it.

EDIT: Just an FYI, 810 AM (KC's sports station) has been giving the love to NDSU. You can tell that those in the know respect what they have done this year and the experience they possess. All that said, KU by 20. Rock Chalk. (I will quit saying it when KU gets beat out. Until then...)
                          Last edited by KUlawJack; 03-19-2009, 01:10 PM.

Comment

KU by 16.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

NDSU has been getting alot of love on the CBS pre-game show on the radio this morning. Interview with Coach Phillips and talking about their transition.

Comment

Nice start by the Bison. They came to play. But can they keep up energy up?

Comment

Working...
                                X