Bison draw Kansas in Minneapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison draw Kansas in Minneapolis

I turned the TV on and it was NDSU 27, KU 27 and I actually felt a little tinge of pride: that's our conference mates and transition-partners and they're looking real good.

I won't say aloud "Go Bison!" but I'm thinking it real hard!

Comment

One of the announcers confused Woodside with Morningstar, and there's been a couple other gaffes on names.

Which got me thinking... okay, granted, Scotty Kwas -knew- half the roster on the court at any given moment, still, I don't think I heard as many name gaffes in an entire Kwas broadcast as I've heard in about ten minutes of this NCAA TOURNAMENT broadcast.....

Comment

Ben Woodside can get to the hole WHENEVER he wants. No one from KU can stay in front of him. No interior D though.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          Ben Woodside can get to the hole WHENEVER he wants. No one from KU can stay in front of him. No interior D though.
          Bill Self is doing a very good job keeping the Jayhawks focused on their inside game.

Bison went on that last run when Kansas stopped pounding it inside.

Coming out of the half, Jayhawks should realize it's their game to lose, based on how well they pound the paint. They can't get distracted by NDSU threes......

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
            No one from KU can stay in front of him.
            Woodside's first step is something else....

Comment

Woodside just got an and-one on an awesome drive to the basket. That one's going to be on SportsCenter

Comment

Bison staying close but can't seem to close in on KU.

Comment

With a minute to go, Woodside has half of NDSU's points.

any NBA scouts watching this game?

Comment

NDSU def. got a steal outta of Woodside. He was the best player in that game.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      With a minute to go, Woodside has half of NDSU's points.

any NBA scouts watching this game?
                      Great scorer for sure. I don't think we'll see him in the NBA, though. Great game to watch. KU way stronger in the paint and that probably made the difference.

I congratulate the NDSU players and fans on a great year and a great showing today. I am certainly proud about the way they have represented the Summit League and the Dakotas. NDSU did it the right way and they deserve credit for that.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Great scorer for sure. I don't think we'll see him in the NBA, though.
                        IMO the only, -only- question about Woodside is whether he can handle getting pounded by NBA-sized bigs.

He's got the fundamentals, the range, the moves, absolutely everything needed on the outside. The only question is whether he can handle the pounding he'll take in the paint.

Comment

There are lot of guards with less girth than Woodside in the NBA. Kirk Heinrich from Sioux City and the Chicago Bulls comes to mind. I really think we will see Woodside on an NBA squad next year. A guard that is tough, can shoot and penetrate is invaluable at any level.

Comment

Woodside has the intangibles. I wouldn't bet against him making it in the NBA. The kid's just a gamer.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              There are lot of guards with less girth than Woodside in the NBA. Kirk Heinrich from Sioux City and the Chicago Bulls comes to mind. I really think we will see Woodside on an NBA squad next year. A guard that is tough, can shoot and penetrate is invaluable at any level.
                              I really don't think we will see Woodside on an NBA squad next year. That doesn't take anything away from what he is right now and that is one heck of a great mid-major college scoring guard.

To complete my thought; it is a HUGE leap from the Summit League and the 307th ranked schedule in NCAA DI basketball to a minimum of an 82 game season against the best basketball players in the world. Woodside shows flashes but flashes do not make an NBA career. Today was one of those flashes and it wasn't enough to get his team past a KU squad depleted "graduation". Again, taking nothing away from Ben W., great college player who stepped up for the biggest game of his career. If it is his dream to play in the NBA I hope he proves me wrong.
                              Last edited by jackmd; 03-20-2009, 01:24 PM.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Congrats to the Bison on a magical season. Woodside was incredible! What a way to end a career. That dude left it all on the floor. Our guys need to take a que from that. Shoot, everyone can take something from the effort he put forth.

I'm not going to lie, it won't bother me to not see him in a Bison uniform next year but it was a pleasure to watch him play.

Cheers to the Bison!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X