Men's BB Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men's BB Championship

Woodside looked pissed off about being tackled at the end.

Poor guy couldn't even celebrate with his teammates.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Yep, congrats to the Bison, that was a whale of a game.

Gonna be a long trip home for Oakland...10 pt leads at half in both games and come up empty handed in both.

Didn't see the women's game but they have nothing but themselves to blame for collapsing at the end of the men's game. Their shot selection in the last six minutes was not of a team worthy of the Big Dance. Can't imagine how unpleasant that locker room was.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Didn't see the women's game but they have nothing but themselves to blame for collapsing at the end of the men's game. Their shot selection in the last six minutes was not of a team worthy of the Big Dance. Can't imagine how unpleasant that locker room was.
        You could say that about the whole second half.

Some of that had to do with NDSU improving their defensive intensity. Some of it had to do with Oakland's poor execution.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          The Sun Belt Championship is now on ESPN2 in Hot Springs, AR. Must be about 1500 in attendance.
          It's probably the weather there. It's currently 75 degrees with 7 mph winds. I wonder what the wind chill is.
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

How would you like this:

I'm sitting at home watching and recording the game. First, ESPN2 doesn't switch over to the game because of a damn 10-1 blowout baseball game that they won't switch away from until it's over. By the time they do make the switch(15 min late), the Bison are down by several points. Oakland shoots out of their mind so the Bison stay down deep into the second half. Just as NDSU starts to come back....

MY F---ING CABLE GOES OUT!!!

I hurry up and turn the radio on to see what's happening. After several minutes, NDSU takes the lead. Oakland responds, and my cable comes back. I turn off the radio and sit back down as the Bison get the ball.

THE CABLE GOES OUT AGAIN!!!!

I run back to the radio to hear that NDSU had just drained a 3 to take back the lead. The cable finally comes back to see the last 30 seconds. I can't even relish in the victory because I missed everything leading up to it. I can't even relive it on Bisonville because that crashed prior to all this happening. In what should be my greatest moment in following Bison sports, I'm stuck snowed in and pissed off.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Yep, congrats to the Bison, that was a whale of a game.

Gonna be a long trip home for Oakland...10 pt leads at half in both games and come up empty handed in both.
              I missed the Oakland game in Brookings, but I must say that Oakland has some real talent and if anyone is under achieving, its them. They should have went 18-0 in the conference and won the tourney. I think they good a good coach but for some reason they just are not a great unit 100% of the time. I am proud that SDSU did play them close in Oakland and beat them in Brookings. I look for Oakland to be the top team next year since they get their ace Nelson back.
              Tviedt looked very good tonight. He is a tough kid and plays both good defense and ofense. I would wished he were a Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                How would you like this:

I'm sitting at home watching and recording the game. First, ESPN2 doesn't switch over to the game because of a damn 10-1 blowout baseball game that they won't switch away from until it's over. By the time they do make the switch(15 min late), the Bison are down by several points. Oakland shoots out of their mind so the Bison stay down deep into the second half. Just as NDSU starts to come back....

I hurry up and turn the radio on to see what's happening. After several minutes, NDSU takes the lead. Oakland responds, and my cable comes back. I turn off the radio and sit back down as the Bison get the ball.

I run back to the radio to hear that NDSU had just drained a 3 to take back the lead. The cable finally comes back to see the last 30 seconds. I can't even relish in the victory because I missed everything leading up to it. I can't even relive it on Bisonville because that crashed prior to all this happening. In what should be my greatest moment in following Bison sports, I'm stuck snowed in and pissed off.

But hey, you WON. Just think how pi$$ed you would be if you would have lost. Congrats, now tell your team to kick some butt in the next game so you can see your team win.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

You could say that about the whole second half.

Some of that had to do with NDSU improving their defensive intensity. Some of it had to do with Oakland's poor execution.

They were up 12 with eight or so to play if memory serves. Their seniors did not step up. Bison's did.

Comment

How would you like this:

Tell Tony he's got to butter up the Pair Networks people before your 1st round game . . . send them a dozen Dunkin Donuts or something . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hammersmith, sorry about your ESPN/techno meltdown. It had to be the cold. ESPN's microwaves just couldn't go that far north. Congrats, and do the Summit proud in the BD.

Comment

How would you like this:

That is a horrible turn of events Hammer!

At 7pm I said to my father...."boy I bet there are some PISSED OFF Bison fans (and OU fans, for that matter) that the stupid WBC game thats a 10-1 drubbing is cutting into the game."
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The Sun Belt Championship is now on ESPN2 in Hot Springs, AR. Must be about 1500 in attendance.
                          You actually think there is that many people there? So many empty seats.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                            Yup. Summit League trounces Sun Belt today. ESPN will notice, I'm quite sure.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Yup. Summit League trounces Sun Belt today. ESPN will notice, I'm quite sure.
                              Oooooohhhh, that's COLD, Filbert.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post

After reevaluation, you are correct. Might only be 1000 on hand.
                                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                                X