Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men's BB Championship

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Not a heck of a lot colder than it is outside the studio in Storrs, Conn., where this analyst is sitting, BTW.
    Poor little ESPN guys apparently can't handle 6 degrees. Wimps.

Good game Bison. Woodside is a fricken stud, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
      Woodside crushed under his own fans. Nice....

SDSU = Class
      NDSU = -----
      I actually think this is a good post(not a slam on the team, but the fans). The NDSU fans better hope they didn't hurt any of their players. That is stupid to risk injury to a player by tackling the players in a mad rush. It didn't look like Woodside enjoyed it that much. I'll quote Lakes---"the refs gave them that game". j/k
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Great for the newcomers to the Summit League to sweep the autobids to the dance. Congratulations to the Bison men and the Jackrabbit women.
        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
          Poor little ESPN guys apparently can't handle 6 degrees. Wimps.
          They really did announce that a lot didn't they. LOL!!! Have them stick around until later when it is supposed to get down to -5 degrees. With most of the weather hitting North of Watertown and in ND, too bad they were farther North to report the game. 6 degrees is winter tanning weather for the Dakotas!!!!
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by couger71 View Post
            I congradulate the Bison !!!

I sure hope we rush the floor when we go to the big "Dance"!!
            Yeah, I hope we rush the floor as well, just don't tackle one of the player..tackle one of your friends.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              Doug Gottlieb thinks the tournament should be played in Tulsa for eternity because it's warm there. I guess he didn't notice basketball is played indoors. He should also note that no tourney games should ever be played in Minneapolis either, its just too darn cold to play basketball. Give me a break Doug.
              We don't have heat in the upper midwest. We're too far behind in technology. We still burn buffalo droppings.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                We don't have heat in the upper midwest. We're too far behind in technology. We still burn buffalo droppings.

I can't believe the players weren't wearing their turtlenecks and thermals under their uniforms with how cold it was!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                  They really did announce that a lot didn't they. LOL!!! Have them stick around until later when it is supposed to get down to -5 degrees. With most of the weather hitting North of Watertown and in ND, too bad they were farther North to report the game. 6 degrees is winter tanning weather for the Dakotas!!!!

Man, they thought it was cold in Sioux Falls. It was even colder in P-Air.

Comment

I really don't mind them mentioning the weather, as such, since it is what it is, and what else are they going to talk about?

Don't think they should play favorites about siting, as the atmosphere for this game had to better than playing in a Tulsa high school facility.

BTW: the fan rush (not present for it) MUST have come from the Bison 'super fans' that were occupying the end seats.

If so, they're the same group that was cheering Oral Roberts on Saturday and vilifying Kai on Sunday.

I don't know if the 'caped crusader' (Lakes) was among them, but you can bet he probably was---------probably was the guy that tackled Woodside, and probably tried to steal his jersey.

Comment

You'd THINK that ESPN would've booked their crew rooms at the Sheraton, and with courtesy pickup from the airport, WHEN were they outside today? To smoke?

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the Oakland coach is a brother of Rosana's husband Dan or aka John Goodman? Is he from Missouri? John Goodman is from Missouri.

Comment

i'm just a happy oakland went 0-2 today!

Comment

Yep, congrats to the Bison, that was a whale of a game.

Gonna be a long trip home for Oakland...10 pt leads at half in both games and come up empty handed in both.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              You'd THINK that ESPN would've booked their crew rooms at the Sheraton, and with courtesy pickup from the airport, WHEN were they outside today? To smoke?
                              They had to go out periodically to record the barometrics and temperature at the NOAA station outside the arena for their in-game weather reports. Good thing this wasn't in P-Air (zero degrees as opposed to the balmy 6). Again, I am waiting for the posts that blame this cold front on Nagy.

Comment

The Sun Belt Championship is now on ESPN2 in Hot Springs, AR. Must be about 1500 in attendance.

Comment

Working...
                                X