Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Tourney

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    An FYI, Buffalo Wild Wings is now a "Smoke Free" Restaurant.
    If there's only 5 people in Buffalo Wild Wings, it takes a good 15-20 minutes to get a beer.........so I can't imagine how long it's going to take this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
      We should all just go drink at the AIRPORT BAR! That place is never busy and wilthin 2 miles and you can always get a cab!

You might think I am crazy , but a lot of room right there!
      And you can leave your car parked there as long as you want, for a reasonable fee. I think you are onto something.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
        If there's only 5 people in Buffalo Wild Wings, it takes a good 15-20 minutes to get a beer.........so I can't imagine how long it's going to take this weekend.
        Good call, is it the same way in Mankato and the Cities too or you've obviously been to this one. My favorite place in town, but not for the sevice.

BTW, good luck getting in between games on Saturday. I would guess our counterparts up north are not going to be real into the afternoon session on Saturday and will be well into getting their drink on by the time the ladies session is over. Just a hunch. Can we just sit in the arena between games and drink their beer?

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
          Good call, is it the same way in Mankato and the Cities too or you've obviously been to this one. My favorite place in town, but not for the sevice.

BTW, good luck getting in between games on Saturday. I would guess our counterparts up north are not going to be real into the afternoon session on Saturday and will be well into getting their drink on by the time the ladies session is over. Just a hunch. Can we just sit in the arena between games and drink their beer?
          My understanding, and this may be wrong, is that you can between games, but not between sessions. In other words, they have to empty the place when the afternoon games are done, then fill it back up at night.

EDIT: Kinda like my glass of beer.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

You should be able to get a table at the Gaslight on 12th, a 5 minute drive! (Just kidding)

Nutty's North is fairly spacious and you should be able to get a spot during the day/early evening. WIngs should be packed. If you plan your time accordingly and want to go to easily the best sports bar in town Rookies, on Louise just off the 26th street exit is a great spot (15 minutes from Arena). Seating for 450 or so, they'll have all the games on the stadium screens, atmosphere is outstanding and wings and chislic are great.

After the games, when you're ready for the nightlife if you're looking to stay on the westside I would suggest Rookies or Shenanigan's (Empire Mall).

Comment

I thnk there will also be a bar setup inside the convention center like there was for the "Big Boy Toy Show". The Sheraton has a small bar (too darn noisy with the waterfall next to it) and the Ramada accross the street has a decent Tiki Bar next to the pool.

Comment

And if people feel like venturing downtown I'd recommend Wiley's, Monk's, Copper Lounge, Stogeez, and Paramount Studio. All have different types of atmospheres but all great hangouts in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                  Info on pre-game rallies:

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=61&calcid=688

Go State!
                  - Bump -

Comment

BEER!!!

Beer will be on tap in the Arena, according to TV in the Argus . . .

"The league tournament will not be promoting it, and this is going to be their decision according to our contract," Summit commissioner Tom Douple said. "I really don't have a contractual leg to stand on to say no. But by the same token, we could have probably put that (no-alcohol clause) in to begin with. We never have, and it never has been an issue."
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not sure I can recommend Rookies. Bad experiences with service. And they had to turn people away for the Twins Caravan because the place wasn't big enough for the crowd. Granted, that's a diffferent kinda thing. I'm just sayin ' ...

Don't forget Old Chicago. 110 Beers, One Bar. But also smallish.

I would guess you may have crowd issues at certain times almost anywhere you go.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, so a question for those few of us with General Admission tix: where is everybody planning to sit? I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get as many of us GA ticket holders all in the same section if possible. And to throw something out for discusion: the end balcony sections in the north end may not be that bad since you can sit in the first row on the rail. If you get there early enough! Other suggestions?
                      "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        BEER!!!

Beer will be on tap in the Arena, according to TV in the Argus . . .
                        MMMMMMM......Beer.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
                          And to throw something out for discusion: the end balcony sections in the north end may not be that bad since you can sit in the first row on the rail. If you get there early enough! Other suggestions?
                          All General Admission tickets are rows 14 and above in the Balcony.

Comment

Interesting that when I stopped at the Arena the other day they told me the only tickets still available were GA. But I just checked on-line and it will give me two for Saturday noon in Row 8 of Section W which is about half-court in the lower level (???) Must be a Ticketb@$^%d thing. Oh well ... Just thought I'd mention it if by chance there's still someone out there who hasn't bought tickets yet.

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            All General Admission tickets are rows 14 and above in the Balcony.
                            Thanks for the info! Wasn't exactly sure where the GA started. Row 14 won't be bad at all!

EDIT: Sorry if I seem to be all over the place on this (OK, I am all over the place on this!) ... just trying to be as close to the rest of the SDSU folks as I can get. I was told at the Arena ticket office today that most of the SDSU tickets were sold on the west side of the Arena. That's where I'll be heading! And hopefully Bob The Beerman will be working his usual tap behind Section B! I'll be the one in the old-school road football jersey #83 ...
                            Last edited by AnimalHouse83; 03-06-2009, 02:04 PM.
                            "You trusted us"

Comment

Centenary is up 70-69 on NDSU with 4 min to go.

Centenary has played NDSU tough this year, but I gotta say I'm shocked they are in this game.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                The new Arena needs to be built and it will happen. It's not being built for the likes of the local minor league teams, but rather a venue that can accomadate first tier concerts, High School Tournaments and Special Events like the Summit League Tournament.

Hope you guys don't get used to it being in SF. Only reason Fargo didnt put in a bid was the Dome was already scheduled but there is plenty of talk about bringing it to Fargo and also don't forget that ORU won't just lay down and accept that the tourney won't be happening down south again. Sioux Falls will not become the regular spot for the Summit tourney. Nice for them they got it but if anything it should be in one of the cities of where a Summit league team plays and Sioux Falls just isn't one of them no matter how close SDSU is to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X