Summit League Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Tourney

I'm stoked... I just got confirmation tonight that my press credentials for the Tournament have been approved! Just look for a bald-headed dude with a KJAM shirt on... that'll be me!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
      I'm stoked... I just got confirmation tonight that my press credentials for the Tournament have been approved! Just look for a bald-headed dude with a KJAM shirt on... that'll be me!
      I got mine as well

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
        Aw c'mon...State needs to bring something to Sioux Falls every year, especially if the league tourney is going to be here. The U of Kansas figured it out, playing games in KC every year. I would assume SF is home to the SDSU's biggest alum base? Have to get SF "jacked up"!
        No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. C.A.S. is our home. No need to play a game in Sioux Falls. Especially when it will draw just as well in Brookings considering you can pack as many as you want into C.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
          No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. C.A.S. is our home. No need to play a game in Sioux Falls. Especially when it will draw just as well in Brookings considering you can pack as many as you want into C.A.S.
          Basketball si, some kind of D-I holiday tournament would be most excellent IMHO (and I'd even play USD in that venue . . . SDSU, USD, and two "lesser" BCS or two decent mid-major teams, something like that);

Football no. We need the home game revenue that we'd leave on the table with a SF game. Unless a SF game can come close to the net revenue we can earn from a home game, I'd say no.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Men's seeding is done, Centenary got the #8 seed and WIU and UMKC are staying home.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...CRIBER_CONTENT=

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Basketball si, some kind of D-I holiday tournament would be most excellent IMHO (and I'd even play USD in that venue . . . SDSU, USD, and two "lesser" BCS or two decent mid-major teams, something like that);
              I think that's a brilliant idea filbert. Hopefully there would be enough available court time at the arena to do something like that.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                I think that's a brilliant idea filbert. Hopefully there would be enough available court time at the arena to do something like that.
                EQguy I think you just gave the best argument for a new facility in Sioux Falls. The SF people have always been the "big shots" in my mind, but I do think they will find a way to sell this to the voters and get a bond issue or what ever is needed to get it on its way to reality. I love to see a new facility that could be eligible for NCAA Regionals built and also a new venue for shows and other non-athletic events. Have you notice that Denny Sanford has not announced any big gifts lately, is the economic down turn affecting his balance sheet? Maybe.

Comment

I was talking about basketball. I think a game in Sioux Falls, over the holidays or even spring break if you could swing it would be a win/win/win. It would help get the guys accustomed to the Arena and would get more Sioux Falls people out to a game and hopefully excited about the program.

Comment

[quote]Basketball si, some kind of D-I holiday tournament would be most excellent IMHO (and I'd even play USD in that venue . . . SDSU, USD, and two "lesser" BCS or two decent mid-major teams, something like that);[quote]

I would play USD in any venue. It's a shame they haven't played the past 4 years. But yes, I would love to see the Holiday Classic come back. They have one for the local high schools and the Northern Sun that's fairly successful at the Arena. I'd be surprised if Mike and Brad from the SF Sports Authority weren't trying to do a D1 regular season tourney of some kind.

Comment

Did I see correctly that the Sioux Empire home show is this weekend as well at the convention center? That could make parking interesting when SDSU or NDSU is playing. I am correct on this?

Comment

Originally posted by sdbballfan View Post
                        Did I see correctly that the Sioux Empire home show is this weekend as well at the convention center? That could make parking interesting when SDSU or NDSU is playing. I am correct on this?
                        Yep

This happens quite often, something in the convention center when events are going on in the Arena.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

On a positive note, I did speak with someone that works at the Arena and they did confirm that adult beverages will be made available during the event. Tailgating will not be allowed due to all of the traffic that they are expecting with home show and the basketball tournament.

And then they brought beer! A perfect weekend just got more perfecter!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

On the tailgating topic...

Does anybody have a clue how busy the 3 bars in the general vicinity will be this weekend... I'm thinking they will be shoulder to shoulder and at least a 20 minute wait for a drink. IMO, this will be the loan area of criticism for the Arena as host, not enough eating/drinking establishments within walking distance. Of course SF could build an events center downtown...

Edit: For future tournaments, they should consider opening up Canaries stadium before games and allow fans to congregate in the walkways while enjoying a beverage.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              On the tailgating topic...

Does anybody have a clue how busy the 3 bars in the general vicinity will be this weekend... I'm thinking they will be shoulder to shoulder and at least a 20 minute wait for a drink. IMO, this will be the loan area of criticism for the Arena as host, not enough eating/drinking establishments within walking distance. Of course SF could build an events center downtown...

Edit: For future tournaments, they should consider opening up Canaries stadium before games and allow fans to congregate in the walkways while enjoying a beverage.
                              An FYI, Buffalo Wild Wings is now a "Smoke Free" Restaurant.

Comment

We should all just go drink at the AIRPORT BAR! That place is never busy and wilthin 2 miles and you can always get a cab!

You might think I am crazy , but a lot of room right there!

Comment

Working...
                                X