Summit League Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    The Superbox might be another option. I checked their channel list and saw they have 2 CBS Sports channels. Not sure if the Jacks would be on one of them for sure. I did see that they have 71 NCAAF and 15 NCAAB channels available. I don't know anything about what is on those. It's expensive initially, but has tons of channels including all MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc. My nephew watches the pay per view fights. I haven't done that yet.
    https://superboxtv.shop/pages/superbox-channels-list
    Thanks, worth checking into for sure, thanks again .

Comment

I get the CBS Sports Network on Hulu Live, so that’s a plus.

I see it as a mixed bag. I’m not thrilled about paying for another streaming service. But since I downgraded my Netflix subscription, maybe I can justify the expense to my better half.

I do like the idea of being able to watch ALL of the games. It seems with ESPN+, catching a basketball game was a hit-or-miss proposition.

Final verdict: I’ll subscribe, but I’ll wait until I’m closer to basketball season.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It’s not perfect, but I can’t complain. For around $40 I can watch any SL conference game. As someone who tunes in to more than just the SDSU games, that’s not bad at all. I had been paying nearly that much for the SDSU All Access the last decade just to catch the few SDSU games that were not on Midco. No more getting frustrated about the Denver paywall, or having to go to the school websites at St Thomas, Omaha, or ORU.

It costs less than I paid for a single ticket to the Montana St football game and I’ll probably watch 50 Summit games. Hard to complain too much.

Comment

In past years, midco would televise all the games at the summit championship except the finals. Will that still hold true?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
            In past years, midco would televise all the games at the summit championship except the finals. Will that still hold true?
            Looks like CBS Sports Network gets the men's championship, and the women's semi's and championship. Midco gets the rest.

Comment

It was disappointing that there was nothing done from the Summit League Media Day today. Last year they broadcast the entire day live on Midco, but I guess this was to be expected after they gutted the announcing team after the tournament last March. Seems like generating publicity with an event in the same city as the league office would be a no-brainer, but go figure.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPQ0sgNMvSk
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myrRegh1IgE
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I am guessing it is user error, but I cannot figure out how to watch games live on the Midco App this year. Am I missing something?

Comment

women's media
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPQ0sgNMvSk
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                      I am guessing it is user error, but I cannot figure out how to watch games live on the Midco App this year. Am I missing something?
                      I thought it was on Midco Plus app. You may need to search Summit League Network. I have not signed up yet to verify.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I thought it was on Midco Plus app. You may need to search Summit League Network. I have not signed up yet to verify.
                        I used the Midco Plus app last year, but this year I just can't find where the live games are streamed. There used to be a watch tab you could click that showed all of the live and upcoming games. When I click the link from the team schedule it takes me to the correct spot, but says I need to subscribe even though I already am?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I used the Midco Plus app last year, but this year I just can't find where the live games are streamed. There used to be a watch tab you could click that showed all of the live and upcoming games. When I click the link from the team schedule it takes me to the correct spot, but says I need to subscribe even though I already am?
                          I just went into Midco Sports Plus. I clicked on the SLN icon and some volleyball & soccer & Media Day content was available on that page. I had to sign in Midco Sorts Plus to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Looks like CBS Sports Network gets the men's championship, and the women's semi's and championship. Midco gets the rest.
                            This is good news, I won't have to upgrade my HULU account that long then, looks like just March. It gets much more expensive to add live TV, and I don't miss not watching anyway, just the Jackrabbits !!

Comment

I listened to few Midco coach interviews on SLN. It was poor production. The media questions must have originated on Minnesota Av. The questions were not audible. Microphones were not being used for the questions. Hurrdat & Goodman were very good. It is great The Summit League basketball is around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                I listened to few Midco coach interviews on SLN. It was poor production. The media questions must have originated on Minnesota Av. The questions were not audible. Microphones were not being used for the questions. Hurrdat & Goodman were very good. It is great The Summit League basketball is around the corner.
                                The first Summit League Media Day was way better when Midco still had a full crew, before all the layoffs. Grateful for Hurrdat and Field of 68 for participating in this event, but they even seemed less enthused this year, maybe because it seemed more boring to them too, gone are the day's of big productions and making it seem more festive and eventful , it was almost like your typical post game press conference x9. Remember when they rented the Arena and had all the fun things for people to do, especially the children, now THAT was an EVENT with much more excitement and enthusiasm/buzz in the air, now that's gone .

Not to change the subject , but I listened to Dom Izzo's interview with Josh Fenton, after looking hard to try and find other Media outlets at the event, and he said he thought the Summit League Tournament was the best mid-major Conference Tournament in the Country, but then said he was looking at other cities and putting out bids to host it. That didn't make much sense to me.

Also, to their credit, KELO aired it live, and took interviews but missed the live airing, but found their recorded interview with AJ and both Meyers. This Media Day is still much, much better than earlier versions, when it was each coach giving his views and answering a few questions before a backdrop. Progress has been made in that regard I guess, I won't complain. It all takes money to put anything like this together, so there's that too. Look on the bright side, we finally landed our first media deal ....Go Jacks!!!
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-11-2024, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X