Dawn Plitzuweit Jumping Ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Looks like USD has hired Drake Assistant Kayla Karius. She was an assistance under Dawn P a few years ago. No head coaching experience but looks like a good hire. USD AD Herbster has made good hires for Coyote Women BB.
    Karius appears to be a better hire than Omaha or Denver in recent years. It is too early to know much about KC hire. Karius is touted as a recruiter and she has familiarity with Vermillion. I guess that Watson and/or Krull return. She has been involved with winning programs and USD is likely to be a winning program next season which will keep the Summit from sinking further into soft conference status.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

It'll also be interesting to see if Karius' husband Rick, who also has prior 'Yotely ties, is added to MBB staff to help fill that hiring need.
      Yeah, have to wonder though if he’d take a non-travel ops position. I think he was their director of MBB operations before. Can’t imagine it’d be easy raising kids if both parents are constantly traveling on different schedules. Plus her new increased salary likely makes it easy for one of them to step back some workload wise.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        It would be interesting to know how much interest there was in the job from existing head coaches. If they could have found one who would have brought a staff with them with a coaching philosophy already in place, it would have been easier to hit the ground running. If there weren't any of those available that met with there approval, then it makes sense to go with someone with previous USD ties. But it will take some time to build a staff, and then get everyone from different backgrounds on the same page.
        So someone transferred my post word for word to the Yote board, and added an attempt of a thought of their own. I'm flattered (NOT ! ). They could have at least used the capital letters to make it look good.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

So someone transferred my post word for word to the Yote board, and added an attempt of a thought of their own. I'm flattered (NOT ! ). They could have at least used the capital letters to make it look good.
          I gave up years ago going to USD fan site. It was to funny and sad at the same time. I know Bisonville has a few that are just off the wall nutty. But generally a pretty good assessment of many things. Outside of a few posters there and game day threads which lets admit, doesn't show the best of fans. However USD seems so out of touch it was just hard to read anymore.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I gave up years ago going to USD fan site. It was to funny and sad at the same time. I know Bisonville has a few that are just off the wall nutty. But generally a pretty good assessment of many things. Outside of a few posters there and game day threads which lets admit, doesn't show the best of fans. However USD seems so out of touch it was just hard to read anymore.
            i have not ever looked at the fan board for any other school, but you pretty much hit my assessment of these two groups of fans

the bison have some fans who are VERY hard to take (like probably every school) but they have a lot of fans who i think you could have a good conversation or fun debate with

usd is pretty much the opposite and as far as i remember that is how it has been for my entire life. they have a small number of fans who are rational that you could have an enjoyable conversation with. but far too many that have completely lost touch with anything that remotely resembles reality

Comment

I’ll say this, it’s good for the U to have their successes as I believe it makes D1 athletics in SD stronger. It keeps our admin pushing as well to ensure all of our athletic teams are successful. That’s a tougher task given that the Jacks run several more programs than the yotes.

While a small contingent the USeD fans can be delusional and border annoying I find there are many that can talk intelligently. Those fans understand, it’s the irrational that get annoying. The success of recent programs over us fuels that fire. I’d prefer they stay behind us though,

Comment

And people wonder why I council to NOT drag discussions from one site to another...

Also I would suggest that commentary about other schools' fans should probably occur in Smack and not here because that is where they usually wind up anyway.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  I’ll say this, it’s good for the U to have their successes as I believe it makes D1 athletics in SD stronger. It keeps our admin pushing as well to ensure all of our athletic teams are successful. That’s a tougher task given that the Jacks run several more programs than the yotes.

While a small contingent the USeD fans can be delusional and border annoying I find there are many that can talk intelligently. Those fans understand, it’s the irrational that get annoying. The success of recent programs over us fuels that fire. I’d prefer they stay behind us though,

i am curious? is there a consensus which programs those are? are we saying that some of their programs are actually BETTER than ours? or just that they have had some success?

yes the FB team has won two in a row. are they the better program. absolutely NOBODY thinks that, RIGHT??

WBB they have had the best 3 or 4 year run in their history but it does not appear that they are going to sustain it?? at least a drop off for a year or two?? but have they really been clearly better? we have beaten they 3 of the last 5. we went as far as they did last year in the ncaa and this year we ended the year a handful of spots behind them in the year end NET ranking even though they had all the key players healthy all year and we were dealing with injuries to probably our two best player to begin and end the year

i would say they still are ahead in VB, womens T and F, swimming and diving. anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Karius appears to be a better hire than Omaha or Denver in recent years. It is too early to know much about KC hire. Karius is touted as a recruiter and she has familiarity with Vermillion. I guess that Watson and/or Krull return. She has been involved with winning programs and USD is likely to be a winning program next season which will keep the Summit from sinking further into soft conference status.
                    any of you recruiting experts know if these two have been approached by many other teams? you would have to think that creighton would have interest in Krull and maybe both. but i wonder if they even had an option of going to WVU. i feel like if that was going to happen it would have happened by now. not hard to think that they might not want to go that far from families

by no means do i think these two are bad players!! but i think they probably have a lot more value to usd than they have to any comparable program. meaning i dont know that they make a big difference to another good program, but it hurts usd quite a bit to lose them

Comment

I am just disappointed that Dawn left when she did. I wanted to see how she would do without Lamb and Sjerven. They have a player or two that are probably as good as Korngable but there (probably) not been a decisive talent agvantage next year.

I do understand that Dawn was as hot of a comidity as she probably would have been for the next several years so might as well get while the getting is good.

Don't get me wrong, USD will still be good but I do not see an WNBA prospect on their roster next year.

Comment

Rumor is that Watson is visiting WVU. A bit shocking because I thought Krull was the most likely to follow DP. I suspect they both either end up at WVU or back at USD. I think there is almost zero chance they go anywhere else.

Comment

I hope the used keep Watson. She's as much of a elite player as the coyotes are a "nationally acclaimed program"! that was said on the used board.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            I hope the used keep Watson. She's as much of a elite player as the coyotes are a "nationally acclaimed program"! that was said on the used board.
                            I hope they both stay. Let’s play heads up with all the toys. No excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

I hope they both stay. Let’s play heads up with all the toys. No excuses.
                              Very True!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                Ya but she is the “myah stopper” we won’t be able to win anything while she is around.

Comment

Working...
                                X