Dawn Plitzuweit Jumping Ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Haha! Me, too. (But there's no chance of it happening.)
    I agree. And it may be funny at first if USD came apart but I don't think that's going to happen and I think a consequence of that happening does not bode well for the Summit League. USD will attract some good candidates who can keep the program playing at the high level it has achieved in recent years. USD Ath. Director Herbster has proved he can pick good women's baketball coaches.

I have a hard time believing a few fans are serious about giving the job to Lamb. I suppose we'd all laugh watching the program fall apart. But, seriously, we don't need to have another mediocre Summit team -- the Summit League needs to have SDSU and USD continue to justify national rankings while the rest of the League catches up. For the past several years, the case can be made that SDSU and USD should both be in the NCAA Tourney. It's the lower half of the League that is a big reason the Summit team doesn't get a second team in.

ORU had a decent coach but let her go because she wasn't going to get that program to the level of the South Dakota schools. I think NDSU dearly wants to improve -- whether they have the right coach now remains to be seen. They've sure goofed up coaching selections since Amy Ruley retired. UND isn't making a lot of progress right now..

Going through a D-1 conference basketball season with two or one or no losses may say more about the quality of the conference than the team finishing with the best record. The NCAA selection committee seems to have that view of the Summit League.

So........plug your nose if you have to but hope for the best for USD in finding another good coach for the women's basketball team.
    Last edited by JackJD; 04-03-2022, 01:31 PM.

Comment

As much as the used crew is pimping their job opening I am surprised nobody down there has mentioned Geno as a potential replacement yet. or Dawn! LMAO!

Comment

has DP announced her staff yet at wvu? is she taking anyone with her?

can you really announce you are taking another job two days after your season ends if you are NOT LOOKING to go, as she has said in exit speeches??? seems unlikely!!! Otz announced his move quickly after losing to texas, but again he was always planning/ looking to go. maybe i am wrong and my thoughts and about 4 bucks will get you a gallon of gas these days, but i believe she was always looking to ride this group to the next best thing

and that type of thinking is the reason the players have ALWAYS needed to have the right and the ability to look out for themselves!! but it still creates kind of a mess and something that seems DEFINITELY less than perfect and i would definitely NOT SAY that i love the current portal situation

of course perfect is a myth and i could say more, but contrary to common opinion, i actually do make some effort to edit myself. I JUST SUCK AT IT!!!

but i will do it here

Comment

She is taking her entire staff with her.

Comment

The national search mechanism is an agent network where each has multiple clients/HC's. The network competes on vacancies by courting the AD's, building relationships over time.

HC & agent have prepared wish-lists of: (1) schools; (2) contract terms.
            ​​​​​​​Contract negotiations done quickly (& earn commi$$ion$).
            Pouncing on opportunities is our American culture - it's a business.

Comment

Hard to argue that she was not looking to leave when the WVU AD has stated that Dawns representative reached out to him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dawn-plit...040100778.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                Hard to argue that she was not looking to leave when the WVU AD has stated that Dawns representative reached out to him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dawn-plit...040100778.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                yep i guess that settles that. WHY should players WANT to stay when not a single one of the coaches wants to,
                Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 04-06-2022, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Wow. The Coyote women are losing their entire coaching staff to West Virginia. And two remaining starting players - Krull and Watson - have entered the portal. It looks like new head coach at USD will face a complete rebuild.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

USD plane supposedly making a trip to Ankeny, IA this afternoon with a team meeting scheduled at 5:30, leading to speculation that Drake asst. Kayla Karius will be the next Yote coach.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      USD plane supposedly making a trip to Ankeny, IA this afternoon with a team meeting scheduled at 5:30, leading to speculation that Drake asst. Kayla Karius will be the next Yote coach.
                      No mention of additional speculation that complimentary Kayla Karius-inspired kale-flavored ice cream will be available at Café Brulé?

Comment

Also rumor that Krull and Watson will be coming out of the portal to return to USD.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Looks like USD has hired Drake Assistant Kayla Karius. She was an assistance under Dawn P a few years ago. No head coaching experience but looks like a good hire. USD AD Herbster has made good hires for Coyote Women BB.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Looks like USD has hired Drake Assistant Kayla Karius. She was an assistance under Dawn P a few years ago. No head coaching experience but looks like a good hire. USD AD Herbster has made good hires for Coyote Women BB.
                            Does it appear to be a stop the bleeding hire? Bring somebody back who the players/recruits are familiar with to minimize transfers/decommits?

Comment

It would be interesting to know how much interest there was in the job from existing head coaches. If they could have found one who would have brought a staff with them with a coaching philosophy already in place, it would have been easier to hit the ground running. If there weren't any of those available that met with there approval, then it makes sense to go with someone with previous USD ties. But it will take some time to build a staff, and then get everyone from different backgrounds on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                It would be interesting to know how much interest there was in the job from existing head coaches. If they could have found one who would have brought a staff with them with a coaching philosophy already in place, it would have been easier to hit the ground running. If there weren't any of those available that met with there approval, then it makes sense to go with someone with previous USD ties. But it will take some time to build a staff, and then get everyone from different backgrounds on the same page.
                                It'll also be interesting to see if Karius' husband Rick, who also has prior 'Yotely ties, is added to MBB staff to help fill that hiring need.

Comment

Working...
                                X