Transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    Krull officially commits to Nebraska. Going to take some time for USD to find their identity moving forward.
    Other than Larkins, not sure who is going to put the ball in the basket. They had three bigs who got backup minutes behind Sjerven, and none of them showed the ability to score.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mikejmccleary/st...-S9AH-U5PEFCHw
      Maddie Krull to Nebraska
      Last edited by JacksRiseUp; 04-24-2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Well, the portal can certainly taketh away. It will be interesting to see if the new USD coach can make the portal giveth a bit as well. They have an all conference type player in Larkins and a couple good recruits. If they can add a couple of good players from the portal and decent contributions from their current roster players they will still likely be in their own tier as the second best team in the conference.

we have lost to worse USD teams in Vermillion so I won’t count them out until we put them down. I will be curious to see if their new coach continues the high tempo/high turnover style of the Drake team we saw in the WNIT.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          Well, the portal can certainly taketh away. It will be interesting to see if the new USD coach can make the portal giveth a bit as well. They have an all conference type player in Larkins and a couple good recruits. If they can add a couple of good players from the portal and decent contributions from their current roster players they will still likely be in their own tier as the second best team in the conference.

we have lost to worse USD teams in Vermillion so I won’t count them out until we put them down. I will be curious to see if their new coach continues the high tempo/high turnover style of the Drake team we saw in the WNIT.
          i am NOT making any guarantees or anything!! but i think the hansen girl has a chance to be pretty good also. it kind of feels like DP did what otz did on the way out and stopped trying to develop anyone for the future. hansen was injured to begin the year and i think by the time she was healthy DP just decided to roll with the rotation as was. kind of robbed her, and maybe others, of a year of playing and development.

anyway she has very good size for a guard. i think she is both taller and bigger than tylee. i think they only list her at 6 feet. but i am over 6'1 and she is taller than me. (stood near her recently)

i do not think she is the next lamb or duffy or anything like that!! but could be an all conference player. maybe not multiple first team or even one. but top 10-17 player in the league. i think the potential is there. maybe it will develop maybe it wont??? do some of the other players on the roster develop with more time and attention??? really sounded like last year that all the focus was on the top 6 or 7 players development wise

totally agree with steel!! they are CLEARLY behind the jacks for next year but good enough to be dangerous and not to be overlooked!! and they are also CLEARLY the 2nd best team in the conference with possibly a significant gap between them and #3

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i am NOT making any guarantees or anything!! but i think the hansen girl has a chance to be pretty good also. it kind of feels like DP did what otz did on the way out and stopped trying to develop anyone for the future. hansen was injured to begin the year and i think by the time she was healthy DP just decided to roll with the rotation as was. kind of robbed her, and maybe others, of a year of playing and development.

anyway she has very good size for a guard. i think she is both taller and bigger than tylee. i think they only list her at 6 feet. but i am over 6'1 and she is taller than me. (stood near her recently)

i do not think she is the next lamb or duffy or anything like that!! but could be an all conference player. maybe not multiple first team or even one. but top 10-17 player in the league. i think the potential is there. maybe it will develop maybe it wont??? do some of the other players on the roster develop with more time and attention??? really sounded like last year that all the focus was on the top 6 or 7 players development wise

totally agree with steel!! they are CLEARLY behind the jacks for next year but good enough to be dangerous and not to be overlooked!! and they are also CLEARLY the 2nd best team in the conference with possibly a significant gap between them and #3
            I am not going to say you are wrong, but, could WIU or St. Thomas surprise us/yotes? Those two teams have at least retained most of their continuity so far this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

I am not going to say you are wrong, but, could WIU or St. Thomas surprise us/yotes? Those two teams have at least retained most of their continuity so far this offseason.
              did WIU lose all three Nichols, Lutz, Zars?? i cannot keep track any more who graduated and who has bonus years for every team. but they finished 7th and got pretty much destroyed by both us and usd at the end of the year

if they get 2 of 3 back, could they challenge? maybe. i REALLY like JD as a coach!! i think he is very good. IDK why they seem to have fallen off. so i will not say i will be surprised if they are more competitive than expected!! but my expectation is still usd has a solid gap between them and the rest of the league

i think they made another good hire. maybe it will not play out that way but i expect her to be good! and i will not be surprised if they pick up someone from the portal who makes a difference. WHY would a good player from the portal not want to take a chance on them?

again if they totally go in the toilet i will be perfectly happy to see it!!! but i think we would be dumb to overlook them or count on their downfall

Comment

When I look at the portal I see them losing a FR forward Alexander and a Senior guard Moore. But I. Hold be wrong. I figured if JD was able to keep his most important players he would have a shot to coach them up to the top tier of the Summit. ‍♂️

nevermind, I am a idiot. I thought they had a year of eligibility left.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                  When I look at the portal I see them losing a FR forward Alexander and a Senior guard Moore. But I. Hold be wrong. I figured if JD was able to keep his most important players he would have a shot to coach them up to the top tier of the Summit. ‍♂️

nevermind, I am a idiot. I thought they had a year of eligibility left.
                  i guess you are saying that Nichols and Zars are gone? as i said i cannot keep track any more

if they are back they will be in the top 4 most likely. if they are gone??? i have no idea, then it depends on who is coming in and the players we had not seen before. i would guess JD always keeps them out of the bottom few teams, but how long would that be satisfying for him or the school

Comment

i guess you are saying that Nichols and Zars are gone? as i said i cannot keep track any more

if they are back they will be in the top 4 most likely. if they are gone??? i have no idea, then it depends on who is coming in and the players we had not seen before. i would guess JD always keeps them out of the bottom few teams, but how long would that be satisfying for him or the school
                    Nichols, Lutz, and Zars did not have a ceremony on Senior Day, so I assume they are eligible to come back if they so choose. They aren't listed in the portal so we can at this point assume they are back. But that roster got rolled by us both times we played them so I don't see them challenging us just by standing pat. They actually gave USD solid games in 2 out of 3, so they could challenge USD for the 2nd position. However, I don't see USD falling that far. I would assume that USD is clearly the 2nd best team but they certainly may take a few losses in conference as their margin just got significantly smaller.

St. Thomas is bringing in the younger Scalia sister, so they seem to have some nice young talent in the pipeline. They also added Dague from NDSU. So much uncertainty from the rest of the league. I see us alone in the top tier with USD alone in the 2nd tier. I actually expect the two ND schools to be in the mix with WIU and ST for the 3-6 positions. KC, ORU, DU, and UNO will likely battle for seeding for the play in games at the SLT.

Comment

With all the shake ups in Summit conference i see Jacks as the clear favorites. I see the battle for next three spots between USD, UND, and WIU for the coming year and i would have given us favorite position at UND until Olviia Lane went into the the transfer portal. I still think we could be favored because we have real solid nucleus returning for next year and if we can find somebody that will replace Lane we could become solid team. We have returning Borowicz, Orth, Danninger, Manson, Gordon and Hoskins who played for us last year and we have three freshman which i expect to contribute for the coming year, and finally we have 4 recruits that are highly rated are expected to make some impact right away. Two of them are four star recruits and expectations are high these girls will make impact next season for us. The big question is now on our front line with loss of Lane. We will not know exactly what we have for a team until they start competing next year but by far this will be our most talented sqad we have put on the floor since joing the Summit 4 years ago. I look at South Dakota this is going to be whole new team for them and new coach so i expect some growing pains to rebuilding this team. Western has alot of talent returning but like us they will be missing couple of starters and i don't think they will be very deep team again and until i see them play it will be difficult to judge them. The rest of conference with coaching changes and loosing players to the portal i just see them as year of rebuilding but one them might be team to beat by end of the year.

Comment

Coach Nelson at NDSU is really looking to retool the Bison with size:

Transfers:
                        Taylor Brown 6'1"
                        Kristina Ekofo Yomane 6'2"
                        Abbie Draper 6'2"

Incoming Freshman
                        Elle Evans 6'3"
                        Marwa Bedziri 6'4"

Evidently he is looking to build a totally different kind of team to what he has had previously in Fargo. Will be interesting to see how this develops for him.

Comment

There was a former Lincoln HS graduate that was pretty dang good, her name was Tagyn Larson. Not comparing either to one another, jus say'n Hansen had good credentials if I recall , so she's probably a good player, although Tagyn Larson good , well, we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Tagyn was a Roosevelt grad
                            seems like a pretty solid comparison. i think Hansen will probably do a little better shooting the 3 than Tagyn. they both definitely have an all around game!! but Tagyn was more of a post who could play outside and Morgan is more of a guard who can also post up

if Morgan ends up comparable to Tagyn i would think that they would be pretty happy with that

Comment

Tagyn was a Roosevelt grad
                              seems like a pretty solid comparison. i think Hansen will probably do a little better shooting the 3 than Tagyn. they both definitely have an all around game!! but Tagyn was more of a post who could play outside and Morgan is more of a guard who can also post up

if Morgan ends up comparable to Tagyn i would think that they would be pretty happy with that
                              Yes, Roosevelt not Lincoln as I stated. please don't report me to the misinformation governance board, j/k The older I get, the foggier my recollections become.Thanks for setting the record straight.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                Yes, Roosevelt not Lincoln as I stated. please don't report me to the misinformation governance board, j/k The older I get, the foggier my recollections become.Thanks for setting the record straight.
                                GEESH NO! no reporting needed and no criticism intended!!
                                if it felt like i was trying to criticize or say you were dumb or something, it is purely the problem with perceiving words on a screen. totally get ya on the memory thing)!!

Comment

Working...
                                X