Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chazzo131
    replied
    happy for baylor going to creighton. faves in big east and they play ND in their 2nd game of season

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    David Wingett apparently hasn't landed anywhere yet. I'd welcome him back to the Jacks.
    Really thought Wayne State would've picked him up. Great talent and really close to home.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    David Wingett apparently hasn't landed anywhere yet. I'd welcome him back to the Jacks.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied
    David Jenkins Jr transferring to Purdue

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Tyrese Hunter transferred to Texas. Don't think the within-conference transfer thing is an issue anymore.
    yeah i found that one. i do not see any current info on jenkins.

obviously i know nothing about Hunter or his situation. but tough to see the reason for leaving ISU for UT. he started every single game last year. but Beard has kind of been one of the masters of this transfer crap for a while now
    my gut on him not going to kansas is that they have too much talent on the roster. but the move to UT seems very lateral. i guess none of it really matters to me other than the whole thing is a mess.

if he had any brains he would have transferred to the jacks))))!!!

that was a joke before anyone feels the need to tell me that the sun does not rise and set on the jacks. OH BTW it pretty much does for me.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    Anyone know where David Jenkins ended up? was it definite that he left utah?

also did Iowa St lose their stud freshman PG? there were rumors of him going to Kansas. does the portal and the one time no penalty transfer crap override the in conference transfer rules too? Iowa St to Kansas wouldnt that be a giant smack in the face? or a kick in the.....
    Tyrese Hunter transferred to Texas. Don't think the within-conference transfer thing is an issue anymore.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Anyone know where David Jenkins ended up? was it definite that he left utah?

also did Iowa St lose their stud freshman PG? there were rumors of him going to Kansas. does the portal and the one time no penalty transfer crap override the in conference transfer rules too? Iowa St to Kansas wouldnt that be a giant smack in the face? or a kick in the.....

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Max is scary good.

SDSU should still be the favorite in my opinion. ORU is up and down...up when they are hitting, down when they aren't. SDSU plays well on both ends.

Without Baylor, Zeke is going to have the ball more. We'll have Luke and Dent inside, and I think the new guys... especially William Kyle and Tanner TeSlaa have a chance to play right away.

Yes we will miss Baylor and Doug, especially in "got to get one" situations. But, I'd argue the depth of this team is going to lead to new guys stepping up.
    OBVIOUSLY, there is not a wrong or right answer to this, but in reality ORU has only lost 1 significant player in 2 years (Obanor)
    unless i am forgetting someone, they return the whole team from last year, or at least all the most significant players, and also as i recall, they have added a couple potentially impactful transfers

on the other hand, for the last two years the jacks have gone into the year with confidence and knowledge of exactly who they were going to lean on and who was going to lead them, but ALL THOSE GUYS ARE GONE

yes we still have people returning who have been good players, but AA is the closest thing they have to a returning, ON THE FLOOR, leader. and to say he is NOT a leader is probably unfair and once again a sign of how underrated he is, but there is still the fact that he has never consistently been the guy to get a bucket for the jacks when it was needed. i do think he is a leader and i think his teammates do rely on him!! but i think it is also true that AA like EVERY other player on the roster likely will have a different role this year

i still believe that the jacks will win the conference, but i also think i have to be fair enough to know that it is probably influenced by my fandom! i do definitely believe it comes down to the jacks and oru, but oru is definitely going to be a formidable challenge

so while i think the jacks do not really have known roles at this time, i think they have a lot of talent! at this point, it is probably more fair to say potential talent, because nobody has really done before what they probably need to do this year

hopefully it works out well, the jacks history says that it will!!! whatever happens this is kind of a unique situation for the jacks and i do think it is going to be very interesting to see how it all comes together!!!

WHO is gonna be the man? or will it be shared, similar to Douglas and Baylor?
    will it be one of the returners? AA, Zeke, Dent, any chance it is charley? Lein is also a returner but obviously has not been on the floor

will it be a new guy??
    i think Mohrs is definitely going to have the first and biggest opportunity to be one of the leaders if not THE MAN

after that, i can ONLY guess, because NONE of these guys, even Mohrs, has played a second of college basketball

my guess is Lein has the next best chance. i think he should be most ready because of having the extra year to prepare and be part of the program. maybe some dont know this, but the jacks have had kind of a good history with 6'9 fellas from neighboring states who shoot the ball well)))) haha (in case you happened to forget both daum and dykstra) i do not think at this point we have any expectation of that!! but we did not expect daum to be daum at this point in his career either
    if he could be 60% of one of those he is still a solid contributor

after that i think it is kind of a dead heat between Te Slaa and Garry

then Kyle. maybe he will be ready to make some contributions or to play a certain role, but i doubt he is ready to step in and be an all around player

then hastreiter or however you spell it. my guess, fair chance he red shirts

anyway those are my guesses on the pecking order. and there will be ZERO surprise if i am completely wrong

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by 73alum View Post
    There have been rumblings on the forum concerning Broden Lien being one tough cookie and can hit the three! He may very well be the missing link for rebounds and a big guy shooting threes…YES!
    Matthew Mors hasn't been mentioned, but he definitely should be a major contributor as a newcomer.

Leave a comment:

• 73alum
    replied
    There have been rumblings on the forum concerning Broden Lien being one tough cookie and can hit the three! He may very well be the missing link for rebounds and a big guy shooting threes…YES!

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied
    Max is scary good.

SDSU should still be the favorite in my opinion. ORU is up and down...up when they are hitting, down when they aren't. SDSU plays well on both ends.

Without Baylor, Zeke is going to have the ball more. We'll have Luke and Dent inside, and I think the new guys... especially William Kyle and Tanner TeSlaa have a chance to play right away.

Yes we will miss Baylor and Doug, especially in "got to get one" situations. But, I'd argue the depth of this team is going to lead to new guys stepping up.

Leave a comment:

• 73alum
    replied
    Yes that’s very cool LGR to have that situation of two great TE’s on the same team. Should help our running game this year

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by 73alum View Post
    Not to switch to football, but concerning whether you need to switch to a P5 school…Dallas Goedert has the 2nd highest paying NFL TE contract of $59 Mil behind George Kittle. He had the goods and he was found…followed and got the contract
    seems quite likely we have another TE who could have a similar trajectory. and very possibly both Kraft and Heinz could end up on nfl rosters. if Heinz was not on same roster as Kraft he would get way way more attention from both teams on the field

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by Justwin View Post

IMO to be 1 of the best players you have to be on the court. This was addition by subtraction. You are definitely entitled to your own thoughts.
    ZERO disagreement with your sentiment. you or anyone would be correct to say that once he went to the bench he was no longer one of our most valuable players. i guess i believe he still added some value because i think his teammates valued him!! that seemed pretty clear

but of course that probably did not make him one of the most valuable players on the roster

pretty clearly the point i was making is that he was one of the most talented. i agree to your point.

Leave a comment:

• 73alum
    replied
    Not to switch to football, but concerning whether you need to switch to a P5 school…Dallas Goedert has the 2nd highest paying NFL TE contract of $59 Mil behind George Kittle. He had the goods and he was found…followed and got the contract

Leave a comment:

Working...
X