Summit MBB 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Be sure to check out the video of the postgame handshake between NDSU and ORU tonight! Pretty wild. It's going to be fun if those two have to play again in Sioux Falls.
    Where is said video

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post

Where is said video
      It popped up on my espn feed i think. Went to espn app and saw it there. Should be pretty easy to find. Seems the coaches had some words for each other.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        Stay classy Bizun…
        That was 100% on ORU. Pressing and fouling multiple times with under a minute to go. Mills instigated the entire mess.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          That was 100% on ORU. Pressing and fouling multiple times with under a minute to go. Mills instigated the entire mess.

I would expect some word today about any punishment over the post game activities. The teams would have less impact if punishment was done prior to the SLT. I would like to see SLT with full rosters/bench.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I would expect some word today about any punishment over the post game activities. The teams would have less impact if punishment was done prior to the SLT. I would like to see SLT with full rosters/bench.
            From the Bison board, it sounds like Grant Nelson may have elbowed/punched Lufile in the head, which set off the physical part of the altercation. If true, you would think both of them get something. Mills and Richman could very well both go as well. NDSU only has 2 games left to play and serve suspensions, while ORU has 3.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

100% IDK about that. It takes two to tango.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                100% IDK about that. It takes two to tango.
                Skunberg appeared to have some fuel for the tussle after Mills was whining to Richman. Richman may have had a choice reply for Mills, but he was leaving the scene while Mills was talking and Skunberg in Mills' face. Lufile was attempting a punch at Nelson. The film I saw did not show ahead of that punch retaliate for a Nelson elbow. Eady should get a gold star for staying cool and trying to hold back 285# Lufile. Mills created enough problems to earn #1 instigator of the melee.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Mills and Richman have seemed to run their mouths a bit in our games against ORU and NDSU. Seems that Mills was out of line here, which caused a fight like this. If they match up in the conference tourney, it’s gonna get ugly

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Skunberg appeared to have some fuel for the tussle after Mills was whining to Richman. Richman may have had a choice reply for Mills, but he was leaving the scene while Mills was talking and Skunberg in Mills' face. Lufile was attempting a punch at Nelson. The film I saw did not show ahead of that punch retaliate for a Nelson elbow. Eady should get a gold star for staying cool and trying to hold back 285# Lufile. Mills created enough problems to earn #1 instigator of the melee.
                    Had to lol at Skunberg - definitely was an agitator, and then took of running when things got interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Had to lol at Skunberg - definitely was an agitator, and then took of running when things got interesting.
                      Right, I didn't know he was such a jackass prior to that scene. He got in coach Mills face right away and threw fuel on the fire. I'm guessing guys like Griesel and Eady had some words for him.

Comment

• I'm sure this is something the new commish didn't want to have to deal with in his first couple of months on the job. It will be interesting to see if he feels a need to dole out some kind of discipline to establish that this type of behavior won't be tolerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Right, I didn't know he was such a jackass prior to that scene. He got in coach Mills face right away and threw fuel on the fire. I'm guessing guys like Griesel and Eady had some words for him.
                          Skunkberg's conduct probably warrants a suspension. He was immediately throwing gas on the fire from behind guys. Real tough guy there. Honestly without his actions it maybe doesn't escalate to the point it did.

On a side note, didn't Paul Mills and Hendo have words during the game in Frost. IIRC, Mills made some comment to the refs about "the way we were playing". Hendo yelled at him something like, what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Comment

• Skunkberg is 21? Richman was acting like a clown when we play up there so he has pushed the limits himself. With out watching the game its hard to say if there was more issues. Sometimes thing can be said and heard only by those close by. Hard to know but looks bad for both schools. Need to see more angles to see for sure.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...YI_-XNXgg&s=19

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• Sitting a half doesn't even qualify as a slap on the wrist.

Comment

Working...
                                X