Summit MBB 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    The Leathernecks hand ORU their third loss by 5 in Tulsa. Were up by 23 at the half and held on. Abmas was scoreless at the half, but went off in the second. Was totally gassed and cramping up at the end.
    Watched that game. Down the stretch, an ORU fan directly behind the WN basket had a white megaphone that he would spin in the air just as the free throw shooter let go. It was quite effective, 0-3 on one and ones while I was watching.

Comment

The 3 teams positioning for 3rd place play tonight & tomorrow with makeup Covid games. The Coyotes(6-5) travel to NDSU(8-4) for a Monday night game. Kansas City(8-4) travels to St Thomas on Tuesday night. KC, NDSU, & USD are currently in the top 5 in the Summit.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Can't bring myself to cheer for either team, but USD is kicking the Bison's ass in Fargo at the under 12:00.

Comment

Can't bring myself to cheer for either team, but USD is kicking the Bison's ass in Fargo at the under 12:00.
          Well, it sure is ugly! Even if both can't lose!

Comment

Might be the fastest I have seen a team blow a 17 point lead.

Comment

Having Boogie Anderson try to guard Nelson is not one of the better coaching decisions Todd Lee has ever made.

Comment

That NDSU/USD game second half was fun. It featured both one of NDSU’s trademark epic scoring droughts (they went over 7:00 without a FG!) followed by a USD meltdown for the ages. Good stuff.

Comment

and in my opinion a favorable result, as it keeps the Bison in the 3 spot in the conference, something I think we want come Summit League Tourney time.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                    and in my opinion a favorable result, as it keeps the Bison in the 3 spot in the conference, something I think we want come Summit League Tourney time.
                    Looking at the schedules, they could very well end up as the 2 seed.. ORU and KC at home, and St. Thomas, Western and UND on the road.

Comment

That would be ok too, just so neither they or Oral Bob slip to 4

Comment

Having Boogie Anderson try to guard Nelson is not one of the better coaching decisions Todd Lee has ever made.
                        The time that the Kamateros & Goodrick were on the bench during the comeback may have been too long as well.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The time that the Kamateros & Goodrick were on the bench during the comeback may have been too long as well.
                          For awhile Richman had Rocky, Nelson and Morgan all on the floor vs the Yotes backup big and 4 guards.

Comment

For awhile Richman had Rocky, Nelson and Morgan all on the floor vs the Yotes backup big and 4 guards.
                            I was thinking that also. USD did not adjust to the match up at all at that point.

Also I think its in the players head. NDSU has a fight in them even down 20. USD has a here we go again look to them. When Anderson inbounded the ball and nelson blocked the shot and it hit Anderson still out of bounds. he just stood there. didn't run in behind the play or get on the court. just stood there. As a coach that would have chapped me. If your going to lose, you can at least lose with a little hustle. USD was lucky to be in it at the last 30 seconds. I will say I think the refs benefited NDSU a bit, Kamateros got called for a foul I think on nelson, who he was straight up and moved the whole time in defenseive position and nelson just leaned in upper body to clear room and they called it. Should have been a no call IMHO and another NDSU position they were pretty agresive on D and looked like more then enough to call the foul but NDSU doesnt get called for that sort of defense.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Kansas City won the makeup game at St Paul defeating Tommies 76-67. The note for this game is Josiah Allick returned to play 26 minutes off the bench. Allick scored 8 and rebounded 7. Allick will be a great asset to the Roos as they play for a top 4 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                Kansas City won the makeup game at St Paul defeating Tommies 76-67. The note for this game is Josiah Allick returned to play 26 minutes off the bench. Allick scored 8 and rebounded 7. Allick will be a great asset to the Roos as they play for a top 4 seed.
                                It looks like NDSU, ORU and KC will battle it out for the 2 through 4 seeds. Judging by their recent play, ORU could end up at the 4 seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X