No announcement yet.

2021 SLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and maybe both will play anywhere (else), next year. Good for them and the Summit

Comment

I’d like to ask a ignorant question here. Soooooo, that win earns the Summit League a million dollars? What happens to the money, where does it go?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        I’d like to ask a ignorant question here. Soooooo, that win earns the Summit League a million dollars? What happens to the money, where does it go?
        Here is general information. As for Summit-specific distribution (e.g., whether they follow NCAA recommendations and distribute it evenly among conference), Zim echoed the USA Today article, but did not explicitly state whether the $3.3m+ was distributed equally when NDSU won a couple tournament games.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Here is general information. As for Summit-specific distribution (e.g., whether they follow NCAA recommendations and distribute it evenly among conference), Zim echoed the USA Today article, but did not explicitly state whether the $3.3m+ was distributed equally when NDSU won a couple tournament games.
          Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
            and maybe both will play anywhere (else), next year. Good for them and the Summit
            The last things the Summit league needs is for our best players to transfer. If we want to have a respected basketball program we need our conference to be tough top to bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

The last things the Summit league needs is for our best players to transfer. If we want to have a respected basketball program we need our conference to be tough top to bottom.
              Two separate issues -- transfers are an unfortunate fact of life. One could argue it would be more detrimental for the conference and/or individual institutions to adopt more restrictive transfer rules/practices, as doing so would reduce the likelihood the "best players" would initially enroll in Summit institutions (because they'd be leery that doing so, and having individual athletic success, would eliminate the ability to pursue other "opportunities" their colleagues in other conferences could).

Having said that, I'm all for college sports, in its entirety, working with athletes (and their families), institutions (the inclusion of jucos should not be ignored), and even pro leagues to rebalance the student vs athlete dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

Thank You!
                I wish the Summit would offer more readily available information on how the funds are doled out

Comment

Congrats to Oral Roberts on winning a huge game and becoming one of only 9 #15 seeds to shock the world! That was an incredible game to watch.

A couple observations from the game:
                  1. As much as I was excited for a Summit team to win a game, it hurt because I believe at full-strength SDSU would have been the team in the dance.
                  2. ORU is an athletic bunch and they looked huge when we took the court against them (except for Abmus) and it was interesting how small they looked against OSU.
                  3. ORU did all the little things right and hit clutch free throws. And it still went to overtime.
                  4. Abmus reminds me of Steph Curry when he was at Davidson. Anyone else have that thought?
                  5. ORU played loose and had fun. You could see the pressure on the faces of the OSU players.
                  6. We've seen how good ORU can be in stretches and it didn't shock me they put together a solid game.

I hope ORU can keep it going! Florida is up next. It helps that they played OSU and now Florida, two teams I am not a fan of.

Already looking forward to next year. Let's hope it will be back to a more normal setting with fans in Frost and the Denny!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I personally don’t think they played up to their potential as team. Abmas and Obanor were terrific but outside of those two they were awful. When they beat us in the SLT it was the supporting cast that went lights out. Abmas and Obanor were 10-22 from 3. Everyone else went 1-13 and a lot of those were open looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                      I personally don’t think they played up to their potential as team. Abmas and Obanor were terrific but outside of those two they were awful. When they beat us in the SLT it was the supporting cast that went lights out. Abmas and Obanor were 10-22 from 3. Everyone else went 1-13 and a lot of those were open looks.
                      That’s what I thought watching both games. SDSU played better defense and was scoring more than Ohio State, but still ended up losing. Oral Roberts can play way better than they did yesterday

Comment

The mystery of Max Abmas is solved! It's not a B in his last name, it's a German letter called ess-tset or eszet (ß). It's pronounced as a lengthened s sound. The announcers on the game Friday said his name is of German origin.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wow - Oral Roberts makes history and gets to the Sweet 16! What a great run for them. The Mabee Center was more full than I’ve ever seen it for any game we have played there!

Comment

Love it! Anyone else want a revote for the coach of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              Wow - Oral Roberts makes history and gets to the Sweet 16! What a great run for them. The Mabee Center was more full than I’ve ever seen it for any game we have played there!
                              They were in Indy's Farmer's Coliseum

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                                What a run! They might not be done either.

It will be real interesting to see how this historic run affects things like fan support next year. Anyway, good work ORU.

Comment

Working...
                                X