2021 SLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 SLT

The Argus had Zimmer and Haenchen working overtime. They both have the SLT preview loaded with Jackrabbit and Coyote stories. There are a few spots which are more general of the rest of the conference similar to yesterday's players to watch stories. It is a small way to make the SLT more normal with this section of the Argus. Parity in the men's side will be the story this year. The injuries are a background as well. I will miss the SLT production that we have been seeing perfected a bit every year. Saturday will be another active day for Jackrabbits although it is the TV venue.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

It sure feels like I should be packing for four days in Sioux Falls right now. What a bummer. There’s not even a chance of a snowstorm this time.

Oh well, I have already warned my wife that I’ll pretty much be “as good as gone” for the weekend! Thank you Midco.

Comment

The officials don't seem inclined to let Western get back in this game.

Comment

Max Abmas scares me...
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

ORU leads UND by 10 at half. ORU is clearly the more talented team, so I'm really hoping UND can find some magic in the 2nd half so we can play them instead.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            ORU leads UND by 10 at half. ORU is clearly the more talented team, so I'm really hoping UND can find some magic in the 2nd half so we can play them instead.
            Weaver is on fire with 14 off the bench. 6 for 6! If someone not named Abmas or Obanor gets going like that they’re going to be extremely hard to beat.

Comment

ORU it is. Defeated UND 76-65.

The Fighting Hawks play good defense, but they just didn't have the horses on offense tonight to win. Hopefully they tired the Golden Eagles out some for tomorrow night at least.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Weaver is on fire with 14 off the bench. 6 for 6! If someone not named Abmas or Obanor gets going like that they’re going to be extremely hard to beat.
                Weaver went nuts there for like a 5 minute stretch and with his size and athleticism, there isn't a lot a team can do about it. Let's just hope he regresses toward his averages tomorrow.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Jackrabbits will need to be playing defense tomorrow. The Fighting Hawks were getting some good results early doubling on Obanor. They may have needed to be using that when Weaver showed up as a replacement. The 3's are hard to stop, but the game inside the arc may require some help. Weaver was 2-2 at the arc while Abmas was 0-6. The defense will be focused on Abmas and Obanor while they are on the floor. Outside of Weaver, ORU was 3-18 from the arc. ORU is loaded with athletes. They played 5 players 29+ minutes and 1 player at 14. This will require a great game to win.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

ndsu blows a 22 point lead, UMKC should have gotten a foul call but doesn't get it, so ndsu wins it
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                      ndsu blows a 22 point lead, UMKC should have gotten a foul call but doesn't get it, so ndsu wins it
                      Yah, Eady slid under McKissic as a secondary defender during that last shot, which should have put him to the line to attempt to tie the game. Tough break for the Roos.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

So for those that watched the game. Did UMKC change some things up (press, zone?) in the 2nd half to get them back in it?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          So for those that watched the game. Did UMKC change some things up (press, zone?) in the 2nd half to get them back in it?
                          The defense may have effected the shooting percentage by the bison. The bison had many offensive rebounds in the first half that resulted in scores. The Roos pushed the ball inside for many scores in the comeback. The second half had them 10-13 at the line as well. The bison size advantage was big in the first half as they had matchups exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I think the Roos did a better job on Krueser in the 2nd half, though I'm not sure they fundamentally changed anything. The big reason KC came back was simply they were making shots, particularly inside, that they were missing in the 1st half.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Given the trouble NDSU had against the press against both the Jacks and the Yotes, I was surprised that KC didn't really go full-court until the last couple of possessions. NDSU had their freshman PG in at the end, which I wasn't expecting.

Comment

Working...
                              X