Summit Conference MBB 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    NDSU is still a hot mess against a press, even a tired one.
    Yes, you wonder if Richman has practice against the press on his practice agenda. To quote the late John Johnson” Kid, I thought you were a better coach than that”. Said to Coach Jim Marking at half time when the Jacks blew a substantial lead to USD.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I’m not sure losing Umude would have been as bad as losing AJP. He had the ball a large percentage and creates so much for everyone else.

And yes NDSU is awful against a zone and press.
      USD is fortunate they didn't drop lower than the 2 seed. Getting Sunday off if they advance is big for them. Their starters will need to play big minutes as they don't have much of a bench left, and what they do have is banged up.

Comment

So we won the conference, but anyone else have that weird feeling about the tourney this year. Frankly i feel that way for both the men and women.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          So we won the conference, but anyone else have that weird feeling about the tourney this year. Frankly i feel that way for both the men and women.
          I kinda have a “dead man walking” feeling for both of the teams as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

I'll just leave this here.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

The women it hurts to lose Selland and Nelson obviously, but outside of USD not much else i dont think we have a problem with. Just we arent full strength and will probably have to beat USD for a 3rd time which is really hard to do. beat a good team 3 times in a season. Last year USD was stacked and we were with out Selland again and we arguably should have won the game. The bench depth is getting better. Byom and Vlastuin on offense and Nesheim on defense and this team has enough versatility. Only worry for me if we play USD Sjevern will flop once or twice and get Burkhard into foul trouble and with out Selland able to attack Sjevern and get her off the low block. I still think we can win but just hurts to go with out the best player in the conference and Nelson probably the most versatile player for the jacks.

For the men, its more like you want to be playing your best basketball going into the tournament and I feel like if anything that favors NDSU. We sort of backed our way into 1st place and enough inconsistent play that is all it takes to get bounced out of a tourney. Hopefully Wilson plays his A game like he can but every series to finish the conference play he was great one game and non factor in the other.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The women it hurts to lose Selland and Nelson obviously, but outside of USD not much else i dont think we have a problem with. Just we arent full strength and will probably have to beat USD for a 3rd time which is really hard to do. beat a good team 3 times in a season. Last year USD was stacked and we were with out Selland again and we arguably should have won the game. The bench depth is getting better. Byom and Vlastuin on offense and Nesheim on defense and this team has enough versatility. Only worry for me if we play USD Sjevern will flop once or twice and get Burkhard into foul trouble and with out Selland able to attack Sjevern and get her off the low block. I still think we can win but just hurts to go with out the best player in the conference and Nelson probably the most versatile player for the jacks.

For the men, its more like you want to be playing your best basketball going into the tournament and I feel like if anything that favors NDSU. We sort of backed our way into 1st place and enough inconsistent play that is all it takes to get bounced out of a tourney. Hopefully Wilson plays his A game like he can but every series to finish the conference play he was great one game and non factor in the other.
                Im not sure how we backed in when we won both games this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

Mostly because we had to depend on NDSU winning over a short handed USD team. USD controlled its destiny, and lost, which we benefitted from. That's how to works out sometimes, but I still don't think we have played our best basketball going into the tournament. If we could have played our games that were cancelled, I am pretty sure we would have had it locked up well before the last game of the season. Just me but i have more of an uneasy feeling about being number 1 this year then basically any other year going into the tournament.

Comment

NDSU is also 3-4 in their last 7 games after going 8-1 in their first 9 conference games. So who backed in?

I like our men's team. If we play through the post we are nearly unstoppable by Summit league teams. ORU probably worries me the most out of any of the men's teams.

Comment

And we split in Fargo a week ago.

Comment

In the semis, the men's team is most likely to face the scariest player in the entire tournament and a team that they got hammered by in one game of a split series. If they survive that they probably run into a team that they played three times this year with a combined score of 227-226. Oh, and that team plays a slow, defensive style custom made for winning high pressure tournament games. The only men's game you should feel somewhat confident about is the opening round, and we know how that goes.....

The women are missing (at least) the obvious league POY and will be trying to beat a borderline top-25 USD team in a game that means a lot to them and little to us (in terms of NCAA seeding).

You probably should question your mental state if you DON'T have that "weird feeling about the tourney"!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

In the semis, the men's team is most likely to face the scariest player in the entire tournament and a team that they got hammered by in one game of a split series. If they survive that they probably run into a team that they played three times this year with a combined score of 227-226. Oh, and that team plays a slow, defensive style custom made for winning high pressure tournament games. The only men's game you should feel somewhat confident about is the opening round, and we know how that goes.....

The women are missing (at least) the obvious league POY and will be trying to beat a borderline top-25 USD team in a game that means a lot to them and little to us (in terms of NCAA seeding).

You probably should question your mental state if you DON'T have that "weird feeling about the tourney"!
                          The funny thing about Richman's style is that he is all about winning the SLT ugly and is successful. With that style, they have almost zero chance of winning an NCAA tourney game. It seems he is content just getting there.

With Friedel in the lineup, the Jacks had enough shooters for a punchers chance in the NCAA tourney. NDSU does not.

Comment

I can't find anything about McKissic's absence on Sat. or availability moving forward, other than a rather cryptic tweet.

Anyone have insight on whether he'll be available 3/7?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

NDSU is also 3-4 in their last 7 games after going 8-1 in their first 9 conference games. So who backed in?

I like our men's team. If we play through the post we are nearly unstoppable by Summit league teams. ORU probably worries me the most out
                              of any of the men's teams.
                              I agree that ORU scares me the most. Hopefully Wingett will be back Saturday. He hasnt had a great season but we need another body to sub. And he is capable of hitting some 3’s.

Comment

Just an FYI, Plitzuweit's knee injury was a noncontact injury. Twisted it while trying to keep a ball from going out of bounds.

Didn't Teddy"s also involve artery damage to the point where they didn't know if he was going to make it to the hospital alive ?
                                Yes and no. The artery wasn't damaged per se, but the doctors were worried that the structural damage to the knee would compress the artery, cutting off blood to the lower leg. That much blood trapped in the leg and cut off from the circulatory system could have been life threatening.

NDSU is still a hot mess.
                                FYP

Comment

Working...
                                X