Summit Conference MBB 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    You have to think that the USD players don't want to win the conference like that. These covid protocols/positive tests seem to happen at very convenient times for a handful of teams. It's unfortunate that the league couldn't get cancelled games rescheduled.
    No reasonable and competitive athlete or fan wants to win a league championship by backing in. I’d rather finish 3rd and play then 1st and not play. I don’t talk to our players but no one will ever convince me they want to back their way in. Let it be determined on the court

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

No reasonable and competitive athlete or fan wants to win a league championship by backing in. I’d rather finish 3rd and play then 1st and not play. I don’t talk to our players but no one will ever convince me they want to back their way in. Let it be determined on the court
      I'm with you on this. Just don't see a team willingly give up games this year, especially when you look at how the Jacks were affected with weeks off from Summit games. Without messing up their routine I believe 2 of their losses would have been wins. Why take the risk of getting out of your groove right before the Tournament?
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ed/4559090001/

The Argus Leader is reporting that the NDSU-USD games are on as scheduled.
        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
          https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ed/4559090001/

The Argus Leader is reporting that the NDSU-USD games are on as scheduled.
          "Produced a result that will allow for the program to return to competition" -- does USD's Athletic Department get paid by the word for press releases?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

Agreed. The players and the coaches love the game! They want to play the game.

BTW's Yoteforever, been super impressed with your Yotes this year. Much better than I thought they would be. Stanley has become an unstoppable force (at least when he plays SDSU).

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Agreed. The players and the coaches love the game! They want to play the game.

BTW's Yoteforever, been super impressed with your Yotes this year. Much better than I thought they would be. Stanley has become an unstoppable force (at least when he plays SDSU).
              ‘Quite honestly it’s been an amazing turnaround. I’m not sure where the credit goes if it’s coaching, or leadership...but yes they are much better than I thought they’d be. Stanley’s a talent for sure. He’s our version of Daum. Daum was a great 4 year talent. Good to see both schools during it out for both titles. Gonna be a photo finish in men’s I feel.

im sure well have one more crack at each other...hopefully for the prize.

Comment

USD beats the Bison, but may have lost Plitzuweit to what could be a serious leg injury. Just tuned in to the video after it happened - they went to a still photo and weren't showing anything. They did show the trainers carrying him off the floor. Announcers seemed to think it was bad right after it happened. Certainly feel for the young man, who was becoming one of the better players in the league. Hoping that it isn't anything too serious.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  USD beats the Bison, but may have lost Plitzuweit to what could be a serious leg injury. Just tuned in to the video after it happened - they went to a still photo and weren't showing anything. They did show the trainers carrying him off the floor. Announcers seemed to think it was bad right after it happened. Certainly feel for the young man, who was becoming one of the better players in the league. Hoping that it isn't anything too serious.
                  Sounds like the game got pretty heated with NDSU coach getting a technical.

As for Plitzuweit, another tweet indicates radio broadcast said he's headed to Sioux Falls with parents and team doctor

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Sounds like the game got pretty heated with NDSU coach getting a technical.

As for Plitzuweit, another tweet indicates radio broadcast said he's headed to Sioux Falls with parents and team doctor
                    Announcers said the trainers immediately came out with an inflatable cast but didn't use it. The Argus beat writer said the knee gave out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Announcers said the trainers immediately came out with an inflatable cast but didn't use it. The Argus beat writer said the knee gave out.
                      The tweet I was referencing was in response to Brian Haenchen's (beat writer) re. Todd Lee not having an update (which was subsequent to Haenchen's tweet about the knee giving out)

Comment

well, now USD can join the club of unfortunately timed injuries.

Really surprised he was able to do so well in the league.

Hope its not that bad, knee injuries dependin what it is can take awhile to heal........obviously.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That’s too bad. Given the time of year if it’s serious enough to require surgery it’s most of next year too.

Comment

Greisel and Eady basically were no shows in the game either and USD showed they have basically no bench production. Will be impressed if they can win tomorrow.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Greisel and Eady basically were no shows in the game either and USD showed they have basically no bench production. Will be impressed if they can win tomorrow.
                              We could be surprised by someone stepping up for AJP. Winning two in a row is hard to do, but if the NDSU two are no shows again and Umude is on target, USD could win.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                You never know who steps up when a good player like AJP goes down in what sounds to be a career ending injury. Hopefully the doctors can put him back together and he can continue is fine career. If the two NDSU guys are no shows again, and Umude is still on target, USD stands a good chance of a sweep. The USD official site has a story about the USD team of 1958 national championship team. In my opinion, that team was very good. Umode reminds me of the Daniel Brothers from Brooklyn NY. Like Umode, they were very gifted in talent.
                                Here is the link https://goyotes.com/news/2021/2/26/m...s-for-usd.aspx One reason this team was very good was the brothers teamed up with Roger Nelson of Brookings, Maurice Haugland of Murdo and Clayton Kiewel of Rapid City. Some of the best players in South Dakota. Clodfelter played a style of basketball that allowed the players to play the entire 40 minutes of a game. They did very little substitutions and the first five went entire 40 minutes of the game. By the time 1957-58, rolled around they knew how each person operated.

What is not mentioned in the story was there was rumors of a race problem on the team. I recall reading Maurice Haugland telling that the Daniels brothers were so quick and advanced in their passing game, that the SD boys often got hit in the head with the ball, but they soon adapted to the Daniel brothers and it was game on. A very good team that I watched as a high school student.

Another thing not mentioned was that Clodfelter through coaching conferences became a good friend of the Seton Hall coach, whose name I don't recall. The Seton Hall Coach had recruited the Daniel brothers but when he came to offering scholarships he had none left, so he contacted his South Dakota friend and told him about the brothers.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 02-28-2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X